a story at three
[html]

Not exactly sounding sure of what Alae meant specifically by clothes, it was a surprise to her that with all the ruins the humans left behind, the colored male didn't know what the articles of clothes were. This lead her to assume perhaps he didn't know much about the human civilization that once walked the Earth and also were the reason for their shifting abilities. This was in no way unfortunate, for the human civilization was probably best kept in the past like it was. To elaborate on clothes to him would be tricky considering he didn't know what clothes were, but the Sidhe decided to take the best shot at explaining as she could. "Clothes. They are sort of… articles of complex woven threads, in many colors and styles, humans used to wear to cover themselves. Sort of like different furs you could take on and off, but not as downy and thick like the pelt of a rabbit. Apparently humans didn't have fur like ours, which is hard to believe…" Alae explained, even unsure of how to explain what a human looked like. They were very strange. Alae didn't don human clothes either, for she felt like they were too constricting of herself and her figure. While most of them assisted during the coldest points of winter, they were of no use for the warmer months in her own opinion.

Runes. The word made her ears perk, as Alae recalled hearing some sort of lore revolving around runes from back in Ireland. She could be mistaken, but there was plenty of viking lore that centered around the Runes from what she could remember of stories from her grandparents. Her sky blue eyes took a closer examination of his own runes marked into his flesh, noting how they were there for wit and honing in on skills. They seemed to be placed strategically in certain areas in order to gain the full benefit of what the Runes stood for. It made her wonder even more about the background of those little symbols, and if her assumptions were correct. "Runes are from viking lore, correct? I've heard several things about them back in Ireland. My grandparents used to know a fellow from the Norwegian North who had his own collection of runes carved deep into his skin."

He was correct on holding a vast amount of pelts, for there were many to choose from from every color, texture, and make. Alae would have to take her time with browsing through them after the touch up, for she was more focused on feeling the painful sting of the needle embedding color into her lotus once again. Her stomach was already full of butterflies, reminiscing upon the memory of the lotus applied upon her arm the first time, and how the pain was excruciating to her at her age. With maturity and experience, hopefully it wouldn't be as bad. Feeling her hairs begin to stand on end and her adrenaline begin to rush in her veins, she eyed the many needles with the coloring that would begin setting into her upper arm. The first contact made her wince some, perhaps even have her eyes water a bit, but surprisingly it wasn't as painful as she thought it would be. There indeed had been some nerve endings which were permanently damaged, and most of it didn't feel as painful as the first time. Still, the sharp points of the needles working into her flesh were still felt, regardless. "Mm. Feels strange. Not as bad as I expected, but I remembered how fearful I was of doing this. My grandmother did my lotus for me, and I was still scared and crying my first time." Alae admitted, finding no shame in proving that she shed tears her first time with tebori. She was young when she got hers done, and such a reaction might have been expected of her age.

<style type="text/css">
.darklotus b {font-weight:bold; color:#5D2F3A; letter-spacing:-1px; }
.darklotus .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.darklotus p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 20px; margin:0px;}
.darklotus {margin:0px auto; width:356px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/104jc45.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid gray; padding: 10px 0px 250px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#565455; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread