Another Freindly Meeting
[html]
OOC: I didn't forget that it was my turn. D: I'm so sorry to keep you waiting so long!
If the "Dahlia de Mia" thing was just a typo, feel free to send me a PM and correct that.
WC: 365

Slade got a response that he had come to expect from Jaden: arrogant and insulting. The coyote hardly flinched until Jaden mentioned that he would join a pack. Instantly he stiffened. That had to be a joke, right? There was no way Jaden was going to join a pack. Who would accept such a prejudiced jerk? Of course, Slade didn't know how the leaders of these other packs Jaden had mentioned acted towards biased wolves. For all he knew, Inferni wasn't the only pack who had a deep-set hatred of other species.

Shaking his head, Slade paused for a short moment before coming up with the best retort he could think of. "Why the heck would you want to join the pack I'm in? What, so you can try to torture me? If you joined, that would not be allowed. Besides, I've been there longer than you would've. If anything, you would be taught a thing or two by me."

Maybe that last sentence hadn't been a smart thing to say. Cursing himself for rambling, he wondered what he would be able to teach ? How to hunt on four legs? What good did that do? "Being a friendly, helpful, and irenic wolf who treats everyone fairly regardless of species" was the only thing Slade could think of, and something told him that Jaden wouldn't be too interested in that class.

Hoping to move on, Slade quickly added, "Is that why you're also considering Dahlia de Mai and Crimson Dreams?" For once, it was his turn to correct Jaden. He had learned a bit about the packs scattered throughout these lands, and while he knew little more than their names for the most part, he did not remember a pack called Dahlia de Mia. He couldn't help but flash the wolf a smug smile, but it only lasted for a second before he remembered that, even on four legs, this brute was a dangerous opponent. "You know what, Jaden? Go ahead and join Dahlia de 'Mia' or whatever pack you want. Then, if you still feel the need to torture me if we somehow manage to meet again, maybe you'll get banished."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread