Thread Information
Date: April 18, 2011

Setting: Eternal Eclipse

Time: Dusk

Character Form: Lupus

Character Mood: Slightly annoyed
[/html]
[html]

Slade: I made this all welcome in case someone from your pack wants to get involved ^^ we are on the boarders after all. Can change if you like. AW PEOPLE: This thread will likely get violent because Slade and Jaden are Enemies. Be aware if deciding to post. WotD+1 (Polymorphous) Words-600+

The air was cool and pushed against Jaden’s fur when he ran. But it didn’t last long before the wolf had to stop and nurse his injured back paw. Only four days since he had fallen out of a tree near whisper beach. The maple had also given him a nice gash on his ribs, but that was healing better. His ankle was not, so the wound still hurt badly. Every time he put pressure on it, it would make him suffer. Fully taken steps were agony for the dark colored lupus and he now couldn’t use his Optime form thanks to the defective limb. The luckily polymorphous wolf cursed as he stopped running again to stand still and wince from pain. He was trying to work it out so it no would heal quicker, but was quickly beginning to regret every movement.

Jaden limped along and let his left hind leg rest. Eternal Eclipse was quite and pleasant as he panted and looked around. Where am I? He wondered. The Alaskan had been doing his self motivated punishment for more than a few hours now, and he wasn’t exactly sure how far into the woodland he had traveled. The pain became so intense a few times that he would lose all external thought that didn’t have to do with managing the agony. He scented the air and looked for the sun, but neither helped. The air was as clean as it could be in these woods and the damp grey overcast sky hid the sun’s light from view. Being lost put the lupus in a bad mood and he cursed again as he limped/walked through the underbrush blindly.

The wind gusts that blew today were growing cooler and the light from the hidden sun was beginning to fade. Night approached and with it the requirement for the injured wolf to stop and sleep. Walking through the darkness with an hurt paw was just asking for something bad to happen. It could be worse. Jaden thought to himself and sighed. He referred to the fact that he had no one to hunt or fight in the near future. His former assassination target, Vigilante Haskel, would live safely in Cour des Miracles from now on. Jaden had failed at killing him and Vigilante had repaid the Assassin by leaving him alive in exchange for the assassin’s client. It was a kind gesture, one Jaden didn’t think he himself deserved, but it had also helped the dark man realize he no longer wanted to live the life of a killer. He wanted to join a pack. One was already in his mind too. Dahlia de Mia. Having met more than one kindhearted wolf from that area alone was enough to convince him they were easily the best choice. And even if they did end up not being right for Jaden, he could always leave and find another pack to be part of. One of the perks of being family-free. He thought. But, before he attempted to join any pack, he wanted to heal. It would do no good to look weak as a first impression on his new pack mates.

The scent of Cercatori d’Arte lingered to Jaden’s attention suddenly and made him feel a bit better on this semi-dreary day. He knew exactly where he was, or at least had some idea now. When he noticed their marked boarders, the injured wolf began to limp north: back toward Dahlia de Mia. It made no sense to stray too far away from his ideal pack. He wanted to be very close so he could join them on the first day he was back to full strength.

Jaden does. "Jaden speaks." Jaden thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.jadenlight-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.jadenlight b {font-weight:bold; color:#7e92a3; letter-spacing:1px}
.jadenlight p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.jadenlight {margin:0 auto; background-color:#163b59; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/s662hc.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 200px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#0c2134; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #0d1720; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
FUNFUNFUNFUN. Big Grin This is probably the longest post I've ever written; there is absolutely no need to match, because I can't match this myself for the most of it. Tongue Feel free to skip the first two paragraphs and skim over the rest; Slade pretty much saw Jaden and then spied on him for a little while.
WC: 909

Slade had been spending more time around the borders than he would have liked to admit. The last time he had encountered someone in his pack had been weeks ago already. He would always have a somewhat reclusive personality, but this was ridiculous. The coyote knew the reason for this, of course. Rather than being a good pack member and keeping a sharp eye out for enemies or socializing within the borders, he was spending his time closer to Ethereal Eclipse. He had to admit that he felt rather awkward in his pack. Everyone he had met so far was an optime. He was learning how to read thanks to Krystalle, and during every lesson he was reminded of how he was just a regular canine, couldn't shift, couldn't write, yadda yadda yadda. He had no desire to "fit in", but he wanted to be able to spend his time doing something that wasn't hunting for himself or telling himself a story to pass the time.

Still, after being in Cercatori d'Arte for four or five months, the idea of leaving had never struck his mind. The place was just too familiar to him. Besides, he had only encountered two wolves who he didn't particularly like within the borders: Bao and Arwen. Arwen was just plain mad, and Bao was prejudiced. Prejudice. Slade hated that word - ironically making him prejudiced against prejudice, which he never tried to wrap his mind around for long - especially after meeting Jaden. That black wolf just symbolized prejudice as far as Slade was concerned. His scar had been healing well, and because of his long fur it was still hard to see - though the fur around it was gone - and his slight limp had long vanished. He hoped to never see Jaden again, and so far he had succeeded. They had lest met during, what, winter?

Slade just so happened to be thinking about Jaden when the scent hit his nose. Someone could have thrown a rock at him out of nowhere and he wouldn't have been so surprised. Why the heck was Jaden, of all wolves, near the border? The coyote would liked to think that the wolf had returned crawling back with an apology, but unless someone had given the obsidian male a harsh beating something told Slade that Jaden could never be humbled.

Then a disturbing thought struck him. Slade knew that there had been a series of attacks within the pack recently, and though the offender had been banished, what if it happened all over again? That was another reason for his hesitance to socialize in the pack: paranoia. Even after being told that it was all over, Slade knew that he was a vulnerable target if anyone else started a killing frenzy again. His only defenses were his claws and his teeth, and he lived alone. With Jaden only a short walk away, Slade wondered what was going on. If that black wolf wanted to join the pack, he was surely plotting against the coyote. Slade regretted ever saying which pack he lived in.

Part of him wanted to run, but Slade held his ground. Again, he was being foolish, but this time it wasn't pride keeping him nearby. It was a will to keep Jaden away from his pack. Unsocial with them or not, he still felt an overwhelming desire to keep them safe from threats like Jaden, who would attack simply because someone wasn't being submissive. And this probably meant he wouldn't be fond of Shawchert, who was the pack's leader.

So Slade, trying to harden his nerves, started to follow Jaden's scent trail. He felt like he was stalking a mouse--a really big, dark-colored mouse with a dagger. He had to ignore how funny that picture was in his mind and focus on creeping after his longtime enemy.

Then he completely froze. Spying on the wolf through some bushes, Slade nearly toppled over from shock. Jaden was a lupus, the very kind of canine that he despised. If it hadn't been for the overwhelmingly familiar smell, Slade would have walked away and dismissed Jaden as a loner. Never in his short life had he ever thought he would see Jaden walking around on all fours. Even more, he had a limp - a limp! - when he walked.

A smile tugged at the corners of Slade's mouth. Part of him wanted to run out and start taunting Jaden, but his sensible side kept him put. The wolf was probably a great fighter even when on all fours, unlike the small coyote. Of course, Slade knew he couldn't spy for long; he had a feeling that it was easier to smell when one was in their lupus - ah, natural - form, and he didn't want to be the victim again.

Instead, he went with the route of revealing himself without being arrogant. Walking out behind Jaden, hoping to give the wolf a surprise, he said, "Hello, Jaden. Didn't think I'd see you so soon." He had to fight to keep a smirk out of his voice; he couldn't help it, when he was more evenly matched with his enemy. Instead he tried to keep his voice as serious as possible, as if he was dealing with Jaden as an intruder, for the first time. "Haven't seen you in a while. You look different; did you do something with your fur?"

[/html]
[html]

Nice post =) WotD+1 (Osmose) Words-600+

As he walked, Jaden began to pay attention to his rather off beat step rhythm. The steps he took were silent as always because of the training he had in stealth, but he could feel their uneven bumps. Bump, Bump, LIMP, bump, repeat. The same thing over and over. He let it take up his mind to replace some of the discomfort he felt.

Getting lost in his thoughts didn’t last long though. The smell of Cercatroi d’Arte was ever present, but a new scent pushed past it. Weak and nearly unidentifiable, a coyote’s familiar stink reached the wolf’s nose and made him pause. The smell meant something to him. It was like seeing the face of someone who you know is or was important to you, but being unable to place why. He had met this coyote at some point, but couldn’t remember vividly who he was from his sent. So he decided it was unimportant and continued limping toward Dahlia de Mia while his mind slowly tried to osmose the stranger’s identity. Coyotes were almost never worth meeting twice anyway.

Slade’s smell, though Jaden was still unsure of who this mystery coyote’s was, continued to stay aloft in the air for a time while the Alaskan walked along. After a few minutes, he just stopped paining attention to it and figured the smell was left over from when it had passed by. Not long after that, he stopped to nurse his paw a little. He sat and licked it a little, wishing the joint would stop ailing him.

“Hello, Jaden. Didn’t think I’d see you so soon.”

Before the greeting, there was a rustle from the shrubbery Slade stepped through, that caused Jaden to wheel around with a growl. Careful to keep his weight off his back leg, the surprised wolf faced the coyote with raised hackles. He was prepared to defend himself and curse at who ever had just snuck up on him, but he only growled when recognized the coyote. Slade Auctor, the name was a disliked realization at the sight of this canine. Not only because he was surprised, but also because he was suddenly filled with memories of their last meeting. He remembered his attack and the wonderfully satisfying look of fear and anger on the coyote’s muzzle afterword. He disliked meeting this coyote again because he also remembered that Slade was part of Cercatroi d’Arte. If he wanted revenge, he could have possibly brought along a pack mate or two to start trouble with the Alaskan. When he looked past Slade to the shrubbery he had emerged from and no other canine followed, Jaden’s defensive body language retreated into an amused grin. Slade was alone.

“Haven’t seen you in a while. You look different; did you do something with you fur?”

The statement and question were said in a serious tone, the only reason Jaden didn’t decide to attack this coyote for surprising him. He was fairly sure the slightly smaller canine would still remember the lesson he learned about wolf dominance last time they met. Besides, coyote’s probably don’t have the metal capacity to surprise someone. Jaden thought to himself. He stood strong and let his body language go dominant, hiding his injured paw well as he raised his head.

“Different with my fur?” He repeated with a tone suggesting it was a dumb question. What the question insinuated was that he didn’t remember the difference between how Jaden looked the last time they met and now, and within that that the meeting had not been memorable. The Alaskan doubted that highly. “I am on all fours Slade. I’m surprise you noticed the difference.” He said mockingly and searched the writer’s shoulders for the scar he had tried to leave. To his disappointment, it couldn’t be discerned under his scraggily fur. “How’s the shoulder, friend?” His less then friendly grin still holding the wolf’s muzzle.

<style type="text/css">
.jadenlight-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.jadenlight {margin:0 auto; background-color:#163b59; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/s662hc.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 200px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#0c2134; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #0d1720; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
And here I revert back to my typical 300-word posts.
WC: 386

Jaden's response was hardly surprising; arrogant as usual, of course. What, does he think I'm stupid? Slade wondered for a moment; just as quickly he pushed the thought aside. Of course he does. I'm a coyote. Having subconsciously expected the comment, he was hardly offended.

Naturally, Jaden had to bring up the scar he had given Slade; the coyote was thankful that his fur was long enough to mostly conceal it. "Scarred, of course," he answered dryly. "That was the whole reason you gave it to me." He paused for a short time, trying to think of something to say in return, another harsh reminder of their last meeting. What had they been arguing about, again? Oh yes, Slade hadn't been submissive to the total stranger at the time, Jaden had gotten frustrated, and then he had asked about someone.

Come on, come on, what was his name...? Is it even a 'he'? Slade wondered. Out of nothing but curiosity - and to change the subject so the focus was on Jaden once more - he wanted to know if Jaden had managed to find his victim yet. If the obsidian wolf was actually honest and admitted that he hadn't found the canine he was searching for, Slade could certainly use that to his advantage. If not; well, the coyote didn't care to hear how Jaden had ripped someone's guts out, but he'd have to change the subject again, maybe ask why Jaden was searching for this stranger in the first place.

"Virgilante," Slade said suddenly, the name snapping into his head. Just as soon as he had spoken, he remembered that Virgilante was the name that he had given Jaden's "prey", and that the canine's real name was Vigilante. Hoping that Jaden hadn't caught his mistake, since he had spoken so quickly, he added, "How's your search for Vigilante been? Last I checked you were still asking around for him."

He purposely left out the word "search" the second time; since the assassin had actually bothered to ask Slade about Vigilante's whereabouts, he must have needed some sort of lead. By now he had surely either found his victim or was actually searching, but either way Slade wanted to imply that Jaden was still asking and harming coyotes in his hunt.

[/html]
[html]

lol it’s no big deal. Words-300+

With his wide and scrutinizing stance, Jaden watched Slade answer his inquiry. The bland note he gave offered some evidence that the coyote felt negatively about it, but he didn’t show enough. “I gave it to you as a reminder, coyote. I also gave you some advice to follow for the next time you met a wolf. Since you have no more injures to speak of, maybe you followed it?” He said with more mockery. “But if so, then why aren’t you cowering and asking me not to give you more pain?” The body language Jaden observed was definitely neutral on Slade. Such was the same that bothered him before, but right now he was enjoying toying with this coyote and trying to make him uncomfortable. The former assassin wanted to see fear on the slightly smaller canine. It would make him happy.

The miss pronunciation of Vigilante’s name only slightly bothered Jaden when he heard it. Yes, it had been a major bother when he had first asked about the wolf hybrid, but now, after Jaden had failed to kill him and was in all senses of the word done with that hunt, he just attributed Virgilante to Slade’s ignorance and lack of a brain. With an “I’m not even going to correct you because you’re stupid” shake of his head and a sigh Jaden said, “I’ve dealt with that dog. He only put up slightly more of a fight then you did.” He lied and grinned. He was unwilling to give his entertaining enemy more than that and was definitely not going to admit defeat to this coyote. “Actually I’ve been thinking of joining a pack recently. Maybe Dahlia de Mia, Crimson Dreams, or Cercatori d’Arte,” Jaden added knowing Slade resided there. He wanted a reaction and he was going to get one, by force if need be. “Wait, you’re from Cercatori d’Arte aren’t you Slade? That would be nice, don’t you think? We could be neighbors and I could help you with your social skills every day.”

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC: I didn't forget that it was my turn. D: I'm so sorry to keep you waiting so long!
If the "Dahlia de Mia" thing was just a typo, feel free to send me a PM and correct that.
WC: 365

Slade got a response that he had come to expect from Jaden: arrogant and insulting. The coyote hardly flinched until Jaden mentioned that he would join a pack. Instantly he stiffened. That had to be a joke, right? There was no way Jaden was going to join a pack. Who would accept such a prejudiced jerk? Of course, Slade didn't know how the leaders of these other packs Jaden had mentioned acted towards biased wolves. For all he knew, Inferni wasn't the only pack who had a deep-set hatred of other species.

Shaking his head, Slade paused for a short moment before coming up with the best retort he could think of. "Why the heck would you want to join the pack I'm in? What, so you can try to torture me? If you joined, that would not be allowed. Besides, I've been there longer than you would've. If anything, you would be taught a thing or two by me."

Maybe that last sentence hadn't been a smart thing to say. Cursing himself for rambling, he wondered what he would be able to teach ? How to hunt on four legs? What good did that do? "Being a friendly, helpful, and irenic wolf who treats everyone fairly regardless of species" was the only thing Slade could think of, and something told him that Jaden wouldn't be too interested in that class.

Hoping to move on, Slade quickly added, "Is that why you're also considering Dahlia de Mai and Crimson Dreams?" For once, it was his turn to correct Jaden. He had learned a bit about the packs scattered throughout these lands, and while he knew little more than their names for the most part, he did not remember a pack called Dahlia de Mia. He couldn't help but flash the wolf a smug smile, but it only lasted for a second before he remembered that, even on four legs, this brute was a dangerous opponent. "You know what, Jaden? Go ahead and join Dahlia de 'Mia' or whatever pack you want. Then, if you still feel the need to torture me if we somehow manage to meet again, maybe you'll get banished."

[/html]
[html]

Was a typo but OH WELL! Sorry for lateness. Had to use this table because tis awesome =) <3 Words~500

Slade failed to respond to Jaden’s threatening first question which made the wolf smile. When he heard of the Alaskan’s interests in pack life and stiffened, Jaden felt some small amount of satisfaction as well. He was starting to get to the coyote and was thinking of more statements that might get into the little canine’s little mind when Slade made a comment that took him aback. “Taught a thing or two by you??” He laughed in complete disbelief. What was Slade’s intent? Was he trying to upset the Alaskan? That comment was just unbelievable for him and he knew Slade must have been joking. So many useful retorts and insults crammed into Jaden’s maw right then that he just stood there with disbelief in his eyes and his jaw open in a entertained way.

The brief pause was enough for Slade to hurry past his comment like he hadn’t meant to say such a thing. He went on to correct Jaden on his pronunciation of Dahlia de Mai’s name. He quickly thought back and let his jaw close as he tried to remember how he had said the name. Mai and Mia were very similar. A slip of the tongue could be understandable. But he hadn’t slipped up. He was sure of it. Jaden didn’t miss pronounce things; he had said Dahlia de Mai and the stupid little coyote had just heard him wrong. It didn’t matter though. The meaning was clear and it clearly bothered Slade. He ignored Slade’s correction, refusing to let him feel like he was in anyway superior to the wolf, and cut right to the root of the coyote’s retort.

Slade was right about being banished by Dahlia de Mai if he attacked the coyote for unjust reasons once he joined them. It made scenes: Dahlia de Mai wouldn’t want their relations with Cercatroi d’Arte soured. It was a realization Jaden had made when debating whether he would join or not, but never actually come to terms with. He glared at Slade for a second with a grimace as he thought of an appropriate response for the aggravating little coyote. With a sigh he said, “You know what Slade, you’re right. I guess if I want to join a pack, I’d have to let you alone to live you little coyote life. But, I can’t just ignore you. That would be unfair. So, how about I just deal with you now and leave it at that, seeing as how you still refuse to beg me not to hurt you.” Jaden took a step toward Slade and brought his head low with a threatening growl. “What’s it going to take this time Slade?” He was fairly serious about hurting Slade again, but was careful to keep pressure off his back paw and hide the injury. Though he told himself the coyote couldn’t escape, Slade might very well have more agility then the wolf in his state.

<style type="text/css">
.jaden-fear b {font-weight:bold; color:#999999; letter-spacing:1px; }
.jaden-fear .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; color:#999999}
.jaden-fear p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.jaden-fear {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#1c1c1c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/BB1Mn.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 230px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#535353; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
Pfff take as long as you want; I'm not too good with fast replies myself, and there's always the option of revival.
WC: 363

Jaden was using his typical threats. Slade was faintly amused at the wolf's lack of retorts or witty comments, especially since the brute stood there laughing for a moment. "Running out of ideas, eh, Jaden?" he mumbled, not intending to be heard. As Jaden continued talking, he had no wily insults, just a threat of injuring the coyote again.

Slade bit back a quick retort; he hadn't begged Jaden not to hurt him last time and he didn't plan on starting now. On the other hand, he didn't feel like getting another scar, either; the fact that they were both somewhat more evenly matched hardly mattered, because Jaden was much bigger and stronger. However, the brute lacked his shortbow, which meant Slade could run away and quickly reenter the pack's territory. The question of whether or not he actually would run if a fight rose still remained unanswered.

It took a bit of a pause for Slade to come up with something to say in return. He would have liked to sound brave and reply "death", but he was by no means that type of coyote. He hadn't lied at all at their last meeting, had he? Again, now was not the day he intended to start. He was trying to remain as neutral, if not icy, but he was aware that his ears were flattened and he was still rigid, and subconsciously raised his head when Jaden stepped forward. If he became openly angry, that was all Jaden would need to start throwing out the insults. He wasn't keen on suggesting a fight, either; he had no experience, whereas Jaden had to be a skilled fighter.

Come on, Slade, is there something Jaden didn't want to talk about? Anything I can use to take his attention away from a possible fight? There was the whole "Dahlia de Mia" mixup, but a simple mispronunciation was nothing to make a fuss about. Thinking back to their last meeting, Slade tried to remember why they had decided to speak in the first place. Forcing back a confident, tricky smile, Slade gave a counter question as his answer. "What did you do to that 'Vigilante' fellow?"

[/html]