Another Freindly Meeting
[html]

Was a typo but OH WELL! Sorry for lateness. Had to use this table because tis awesome =) <3 Words~500

Slade failed to respond to Jaden’s threatening first question which made the wolf smile. When he heard of the Alaskan’s interests in pack life and stiffened, Jaden felt some small amount of satisfaction as well. He was starting to get to the coyote and was thinking of more statements that might get into the little canine’s little mind when Slade made a comment that took him aback. “Taught a thing or two by you??” He laughed in complete disbelief. What was Slade’s intent? Was he trying to upset the Alaskan? That comment was just unbelievable for him and he knew Slade must have been joking. So many useful retorts and insults crammed into Jaden’s maw right then that he just stood there with disbelief in his eyes and his jaw open in a entertained way.

The brief pause was enough for Slade to hurry past his comment like he hadn’t meant to say such a thing. He went on to correct Jaden on his pronunciation of Dahlia de Mai’s name. He quickly thought back and let his jaw close as he tried to remember how he had said the name. Mai and Mia were very similar. A slip of the tongue could be understandable. But he hadn’t slipped up. He was sure of it. Jaden didn’t miss pronounce things; he had said Dahlia de Mai and the stupid little coyote had just heard him wrong. It didn’t matter though. The meaning was clear and it clearly bothered Slade. He ignored Slade’s correction, refusing to let him feel like he was in anyway superior to the wolf, and cut right to the root of the coyote’s retort.

Slade was right about being banished by Dahlia de Mai if he attacked the coyote for unjust reasons once he joined them. It made scenes: Dahlia de Mai wouldn’t want their relations with Cercatroi d’Arte soured. It was a realization Jaden had made when debating whether he would join or not, but never actually come to terms with. He glared at Slade for a second with a grimace as he thought of an appropriate response for the aggravating little coyote. With a sigh he said, “You know what Slade, you’re right. I guess if I want to join a pack, I’d have to let you alone to live you little coyote life. But, I can’t just ignore you. That would be unfair. So, how about I just deal with you now and leave it at that, seeing as how you still refuse to beg me not to hurt you.” Jaden took a step toward Slade and brought his head low with a threatening growl. “What’s it going to take this time Slade?” He was fairly serious about hurting Slade again, but was careful to keep pressure off his back paw and hide the injury. Though he told himself the coyote couldn’t escape, Slade might very well have more agility then the wolf in his state.

Jaden does. "Jaden speaks." Jaden thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.jaden-fear b {font-weight:bold; color:#999999; letter-spacing:1px; }
.jaden-fear .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; color:#999999}
.jaden-fear p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.jaden-fear {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#1c1c1c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/BB1Mn.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 230px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#535353; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread