SOUNDS OF CREATION AT MY DOOR
[html]

Remember, no posting order, so go go go! 8D

As expected, his Valley kin filed in one by one, each with a spunk in their step; they had recovered well despite what tragedies they had endured in recent months, namely the snowstorm and Lucifer's general idiocy in and out of the pack, moving like a shadow the Patriarch could never successfully hunt down. The Sawtooth idiot would not intrude on his pack's plans or rebuilding: As they would rebuild their shattered homes, they would rebuild themselves, their pack and their pride. Phoenix Valley would be ruined by no one — not as long as the one-armed cyclops remained in power.

He nodded patiently to each of them as they appeared, and as they did so he hauled the ladder from the side of the barn — thankfully, it had not been in with the animals at the time of the barn's collapse, and thus escaped the damage — and set it up quietly with a few slick kicks of his feet in substitution of his missing arm. The lost limb had surely whipped the Patriarch into a shape he had not been or seen in himself in quite some time, if ever; Geneva was dying, or dead somewhere out in the wilderness, and he had simply accepted his incapability to help and her unwillingness to be helped. He did not mourn, did not grumble about the accident or the trouble he'd found missing a limb. Jefferson simply made do, using his remaining limbs in ways he'd never imagined, and endured fine as such.

The brute could not suppress a slight smirk at his former apprentice's smartass words. "Aggravating," Jefferson replied over Ty's hammering. "They didn't much care for me. Dawali's good and he's got himself an assistant now, so you guys are stuck with me again." A sigh. "Especially now that who-the-hell-knows-where Tala went." He strode past, single green eye scanning what had been gathered and the intents of those in his presence.

"Noah," he called, noting the boy's silence. A quick glance about. "I want you to stick with Ookami." Not giving him a chance to argue, the cyclops turned his back on him, smirking as he smacked his son's back heartily in going past: "Stop slouching."

"Ty, you're going to help me on the roof," he called, motioning with a flick of the head towards the broken ceiling. "The rest of you, find something to do and get busy. Ty needs help hammering, and we could use more hands on the roof."

<style>
.undonejeffooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.undonejeff p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.undonejeff b {color:#EADFCB; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #1C2019; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.undonejeff {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#696157; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:422px;}
.undonejeffinner{background-color:#BFB6A5; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... onetab.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 175px 0px; border:1px solid #2D2622; width:422px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread