Challenges
[html]

This is... blech. I'm sorry. =(

Perhaps she had fallen asleep. Perhaps it was merely that the chirping of the crickets and the buzzing of all the busy little springtime, night-active insects lulled her into a false sense of aloneness. Whatever it was, her ornery horse certainly did not see fit to alert her to the presence of any other being despite that he had heard Matteo himself. So when she opened her eyes to the quiet voice that addressed her, it was with some confusion and not a little nervousness. The merled girl was not in the most invulnerable of positions, sprawled out on the turf.

But the other wolf had not attacked her, had not even touched her. He was bent slightly over her, but Desi thought to herself that had he not, she would not have been able to hear what he asked her, which was simply a verification of where he was at. Desi could do that, she thought; she was pretty confident of where she was even though she had not been there before based on her nose and on hearsay. But maybe the boy had some sort of problem that kept him from scenting as well or something. In any case, he seemed not to be a threat and it was not her business why he had to ask.

The merle collie-wolf got to her feet slowly, stretching and taking the moment to look him over. He was pure white, with reddish eyes so far as she could tell. The light was fading and so it was difficult to be sure. Her tail waved reassuringly behind her, and the girl addressed him similarly quietly. No need to call me madam. My name's Désirée. The name was spoken with a vaguely French air, though the rest of Desi's words did not carry the same accent. I do believe that we are between Inferni and the coast, but closer to the coast than to the coyotes. Does that help you?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread