Perhaps there is a thing such as fate
[html]

Sorry, I lost the link to the thread. XD

She lay foreigner eyes upon him, shifting quickly to the gaze of an innocent; she, like so many others, could clearly not wrap her mind around the stories in his scars or the numbers of his wounds, nor how he had endured so long to hobble around despite them. The man felt her eyes wash over him like iced water, as if made tangible by her shock, and yet Jefferson showed no difference in expression. She answered him politely, her voice as innocent as her gaze, but like her eyes hid something within he could faintly recognize yet not identify.

If nothing else, at least he had somewhat identified himself as a non-threatening stranger, despite what his monstrous appearance might say otherwise. The cyclops flicked a thumb over his shoulder and shrugged. "Phoenix Valley's that way. I smell AniWaya on you, so you're safe to stay there until you can make the trip home. My members shouldn't argue, but if they do, tell them Jefferson said to shut up and be nice."

He snorted, spit into the grass and drifted his gaze into the distance. "You're close to Anathema here, and from what I hear they're not the friendliest of people, not to mention Lucifer's been creeping back and forth between there and the Valley. You'll run into him if you're not careful — black fur, blue eyes, incessant erection, y'know — and I'd rather Dawali not get tangled up in that idiot's issues after he just finished healing."

<style>
.jeffers-d04 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.jeffers-d04 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.jeffers-d04 b {color:#77321A; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.jeffers-d04 {background-color:#FBF4B4; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/jeffers.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#6F6B49; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 105px 0px; }
.jeffers-d04-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread