Familiar in the Dark
[html]

Thanks for your patience! Sorry about the quality— I’ve started all my threads so far, and I’m running out of creativity! >u< Post dated May 19 okay?
WC: 530

It was daytime, but the black wolf was traveling. It was rare to find the foreign hybrid active in the daylight, but the day was dark and dreary, the energy of the bright sun sapped by the heavy clouds that threatened rain. The lack of light caused the Dampwoods to remain within the shadows, the perfect environment for the black fae’s light-sensitive eyes. The lunar orbs turned sky-ward, contemplative and quiet. The clouds responded with a heavy rumble and growl, threatening rain. Damp tendrils of air tugged at the black pelt, their dark whispers urging the canine. The Korean hybrid had remained within these woods for nearly a week now. She had considered moving on, to continue to search for other territories where she might find a more permanent home, but the black female was not so sure. And yet, it was never good to remain stagnant. There were other packs to discover as well.

Resolved to travel, the taekwondo warrior curled up upon the soft foliage and closed her eyes. She would need at least an hour of rest to replenish her energy after a long night of training and hunting. The foreign fae slept without dreaming. She did not stir and it was as if she were a corpse. But she slept lightly, as all warriors do, and she awoke in the following hour. Yawning and stretching and shaking her coat, the warrior, who carried nothing still, set off to the south. The black wolf moved swiftly, the evidence of her passing sparse and covered by the tenebrous shadows that tugged at her fur as she passed by. Their wordless whispers were left behind. Briefly, she traveled through some open fields, and she allowed her white orbs to absorb the peaceful scenery. The Korean saw no other wolf, and she avoided, for now, the scents of boarders. She only wished to discover another place with heavy foliage in which she could den for another several days.

She found it near the end of a long day of travel. Ethereal Eclipse offered more tenebrous cover. The Darkness here was more complete than that of the Dampwoods. Her soul welcomed the darkness that, under cover of night was complete. The Korean hybrid herself melted into the backdrop, and naught but her lunar, white orbs betrayed her presence. When the edge of the woods had been left behind, the wolf slowed to a slow saunter, allowing her senses to explore this new place of darkness. Dark maw lowered, the black female sniffed out the area. The place was damp, and as she breathed in the new scents, her mind was stimulated. It would be interesting to train here. It would be more interesting to fight here. The proximity of the trees would cramp up a fight, but no challenge was insurmountable.

The graceful movement of the young female paused as she raised her head. She caught the scent of another upon the air, the marker of a pack one that she was surprised to recognize. The scent matched the pack marker of the first wolf she encountered—the light coloured lady that felt sadness. It was not the same wolf however.

<style type="text/css">
.yi-pagoda b {font-weight:bold; color:#1e0000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.yi-pagoda .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; color:#http://i.imgur.com/Ef6Yw.png;}
.yi-pagoda p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.yi-pagoda {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#890000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Ef6Yw.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 1px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#b22e2e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread