AAAAAAA
[html]

The other guy seemed nervous. Adrian laughed, but it was not a cruel laugh. It was a laugh more at himself for being so intimidated by a man who was just as nervous as he was, apparently. He smiled brightly and turned away from the gold and white optime and turned to Iliya. "Hi," he gushed. Now that he knew the kid had a name and wasn't trying to hurt him, he was perfectly friendly. Pups didn't scare him. Although they could be cruel too, he found that usually it took longer for the world to corrupt a soul. Ashbrooke's ears flipped forward in surprise and interest at the other guy's stumbling. Did he not know English? Maybe he really was still nervous about something. Ash figured it was Iliya. Maybe he was still embarrassed that the kid had pounced on a stranger. He felt sorry for the both of them. He was just jumpy was all, no harm no foul.

Perhaps something really was going on, as the child let go of him then. Did Iliya know something Ash didn't? Probably. He worried. He hoped they were ok. So far the both of them seemed kind enough, and that was all he really asked for. He crossed his hands and put them in his lap as he let the boy go. He hoped he hadn't chased him off. Ash watched Iliya pester the older male, whose name he still didn't know. He seemed just as worried as Ash was. Not that he should be so worried. He didn't have the right yet, he didn't know this guy. No, no he should only be allowed to worry if the stranger wanted him to. He needed some sort of permission. But that was a weird think to ask, wasn't it?

He smiled again at the optime's question, not thinking it was stupid at all. He stood up, brushing any dirt off of his pants, and looked up again. He had not realized just how tall the guy was until he was standing too. He felt tiny. Under that mess of brown hair, he saw a pair of unusual eyes. And, instead of having the immature reaction most male youth would, he liked them. He did not think them feminine at all. "Not especially," he admitted with a shrug. The luperci felt embarrassed already. What if the stranger was a fanatic, and he had just ruined all chances of befriending him and the kid? Oh, he hoped not. "I've just been kinda nervous lately, so I was looking for help anywhere I could get it, I guess." Another nervous laugh. He mimicked the taller male's scratch at the back of his neck without realizing it.

Oh, geez. He was already talking about himself but he hadn't even said his name. He was really screwing this up. "Ah! My name is Ashbrooke Ardes. I'm new here." His sudden realization at his failure caused him to move faster than normal, and he nearly tripped as he walked forward. His arm reached out for a handshake, but now it was looking for a place to steady himself. "Um. You can..call me Ash," he mumbled under his breath. Oh god, he was screwing everything up. He was going to say hi to Iliya too, but now he was too embarrassed and stuck on his introduction with nameless man.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread