The Things We Can Learn
His reassurance was not needed but quite welcome. She knew perfectly well that he would use the weapons in self defense only. At the mention of taking something her eyes darted to the bows hanging on the wall, but his last sentence made her flush a little. She didn't hunt, she could, but she only hunted out of absolute necessity. Because she worked as a healer, she didn't feel bad from taking from the stores or asking someone else for a freshly caught animal. She did not like the hunt, she just liked how it felt to get the arrow into the target of whatever she was practicing with, that was about it. She looked at him and gave him a nervous smile.

"You can get the rabbit I'll just have a little fun shooting targets,

She wasn't aware he did not know about her position of healing. She didn't just heal wolves; she healed all sorts of creatures from the very tiny to the very large, and it would have been such a contridiction to hunt, though she was not a vegetarian, she just didn't care to hunt. He pulled something out of a box and showed it to her, telling her about the first time she had seen this and a flash of memory did come back to her, how could she have ever forgotten? She smiled as he put it on her head

"I do remember this, why couldn't I remember the room? It's so wonderful and quiet here! I'll certainly remember now.

She exclaimed. She remembered most of her childhood but it seemed some of it was not all there, maybe she needed a reminder, and it seemed the tiara was it. She was happy to get her uncles attention and knew he was a great father to his children and a wonderful uncle to her and her siblings. She was glad to get some alone time with him.

Messages In This Thread