Goodbye, my almost lover...
((Sorry, needed a small break. ^^ But I'm back...and so is Shaw. Wonder what will happen next? LOL))
((WC 3+))

The male grinned as she playfully slapped him. "Yeah, well I'm offended you think I wouldn't offend you," he retorted, his eyes smiling. The smile faded when she sighed and spoke again. He nodded, then replied softly. "Life is painful sometimes. But when we face the dark, our backs are turned away from the light." He laughed softly. "Sorry, couldn't resist quoting myself." He reached up when she rubbed at her face and touched her cheek gently. When she expressed her sympathy for what had happened to him, his ears laid back slightly, then stood up again. "I try not to think of it often. Loosing my daughters was hard enough without constantly reminding myself of my failure to protect them all." A shadow crossed his eyes, even when he looked at the seemingly fragile Sky. He ran a hand through his always messy mane, giving her a sad smile. "Everyone one has their own pain, whether they admit it or not."

"I live in one of the stone houses by an overgrown garden. If you ever want to talk, or just...I don't know...Anyways, you're free to come over any time. I'm always around there, or my son knows where I went to. But I tend to stay pretty close. I like to sit on the porch and write. My door is always open to you, Miss Sky." He lifted her hand to his mouth and kissed it gently, then lowered back to it's previous resting place. He still wasn't thinking of her romantically, his mind was on giving her comfort and a friend to listen to her while she needed it. That wasn't to say that he wasn't attracted to her, he had noticed that she was in fact, very attractive. He was a nice guy, though, the kind who would never think to take advantage of a damsel in distress. He was the kind of nice guy for whom the old adage "Nice guys finish last" was coined.

Messages In This Thread