Goodbye, my almost lover...
Anyone may join. Very early morning (sunrise) at Shawchert's old hut location. Sky is in Optime form. Note: If you're one of the boys who wanted a thing with Sky until Shaw gets back, now's your chance. xD

[html]

Whatever had been going through her head when she'd decided to visit Shawchert's old homestead must've been completely delusional to have sounded like a good idea. Whatever the reason was, she couldn't remember it now as she looked upon the reckage that had once been a personal home to Shawchert Menue. My almost lover. Not a lot had happened yet, today, before the sun had risen. She'd sat there on her bed, staring blindly at the unread note for almost an hour, debating wether or not to open it and read it finally. She decided not to. Instead, she'd taken Casper out to the yard to sit and relax in the early-morning warmth. She'd taken the liberty of exploring some left-alone areas of the territories, in case of sneaky loners.

Somehow, she'd convinced herself that someone might like to stay there, at Shaw's old shack site. Somehow, she'd become delusional. Rather than leaving, she stood there like the had with the note, staring, thinking. Remembering. A blank expression was worn as she stared at the old support beams and rotting wood, the reck left over from the snowstorm's violent disassembly. When what felt like an hour passed, as the darkness gained a hint of lighter blue, Sky finally snapped out of it. She moved forward numbly and sat down on what had once been a part of the front deck.

And then, she sang. Your fingerstips across my skin, the pine trees swaying in the wind... images... As she sand, she rocked softly, eyes watering up and fists clenching. You sang me Spanish Lullabies, the sweetest sadness in your eyes... Clever trick.

Well I'd never want to see you unhappy,

I thought you'd want the same for me...!

She paused very breifly, eyes narrowing into a blind glare, staring at nothing but suddenly earning a bitter edge in that gaze. Goodbye, my Almost Lover... Goodbye, my hopeless dream...! I'm trying not to think about you. Can't you just let me be?

So long, my Luckless Romance,

My back is turned on you...!

Should've known you'd bring me heartache.

Almost Lovers always do.

Her eyes drifted shut, her voice gaining back some of its strength. The rest of the same came in bouts of about the same emotions, spite, regret, sadness and mourning. She felt her walls crumbling down more and more with every word she sang, eventually leading to tears rolling down her cheeks, her voice sharp with the threat of crying.

(The lyrics between the above and below portions of the song...)
(Click here for a lyrics video of the song.)

I cannot go to the ocean

I cannot try the streets at night

I cannot wake up in the morning

Without you on my mind

So you're gone and i'm haunted

And i bet you are just fine

Did i make it that easy to walk

Right in and out of my life?

Goodbye my almost lover

Goodbye my hopeless dream

I'm trying not to think about you

Why can't you just let me be?

So long my luckless romance

My back is turned on you

Should've known you'd bring me heartache

Almost lovers always do

And as her sad song ended, so did her strength. Sky, despite all of her strength and stubborn willpower, lost her cool and started to cry. She didn't even blame him. She blamed herself for letting it happen, for letting herself fall in love all over again. She should've learned her lesson the first time with Revoldo, but no. She fell for the leader of the pack, the moronic, self-loathing girl. How could she have been so stupid?

WC
<style>
.zero-daffodil p {padding:0px 10px 5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.zero-daffodil b {color:#ebed9a; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px;}
.zero-daffodil {font-family: trebuchet ms, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#e5e5e5; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; background-color:#838786; background-image:url(http://zero.sleepyglow.net/images/otras ... ffodil.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 110px 0px; border:none; width:450px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
((They have lots in common. LOL))

He'd been wandering the territory. Things had been interesting lately. The informal meet and greet, the changes in ranks, Skye's birthing. He felt good about his part in helping her, felt good about helping anyone he could. Was that why his mother had helped Iskata found Phoenix Valley? The feel good aspect of helping, of making a pack a home? He walked slowly, watching for places herbs might grow naturally. He wouldn't mind adding to the garden, either. That would be later, though. He didn't want to step on any toes, after all.

A sweet song came to his ears, a sad song, full of desolation and heart ache. His ears perked up, his face creasing into a concerned frown. He approached slowly, not wanting to disturb the singer. He'd stood there for a good portion of her song, his heart strings being tugged at with the emotion in her voice. When she left off her singing, he felt an almost tangible loss. His unhappy frown deepened as the singer broke down into tears.

It seemed like a life time, but was only moments before he approached the ruins of what was probably a hut at one time. He couldn't find any words, but sat next to her, attempting to pull her into a gentle platonic hug. He wanted to comfort her, not to be threatening or seductive. He murmured softly to her, meaningless things as though she were a child who had lost a favorite toy. He vaguely remembered his mother doing the same for him once, a long time ago. He only hoped it would lessen the flow of her tears.
[html]

To say she wasn't expecting someone to find her would probably explain why, when a comforting arm came to loop around her shoulders (she hadn't noticed him sit down, her eyes covered by her hands) she jerked with a start, eyes snapping over to the male to try and get a look. He moved her into him too quickly for that, however, and instead of seeing a face, she opened her eyes to see nothing more than thick, white fur. At first, she wanted to jerk away, to slap the man invading her space, but it subsided when she heard his voice, a soft whisper, comforting words that meant nothing true to her. A stranger trying to help, was all. His scent belonged to the pack, so her pack-related reactions were voided quickly... and she quickly loosened to weep into his shoulder, clinging on for dear life.

The moments passed on slowly until she finished crying. The hybrid girl took a moment to get those last hiccups out of her system, those last tears dried, before she sat up, rubbing her right eye. Thank you, stranger. She blinked her left up eye at him, forcing a weak, empty smile. I fear I've lost my wits. I hope I didn't bother you? Her voice was accented, just slightly, of the west. It rang out soft, not unlike her beautiful singing voice from before. Despite the tears and far-off eyes, the girl was certainly beautiful in many aspects, or at least, as far as the man would be able to tell.

She'd grant him the moment or two to respond before continuing. My name's Sky. I don't think I've ever met you before... new to the territory, by chance? It always happened that way. Sky had this habit of taking on a much more polite, thought-over way of speaking if she felt uncomfortable about a situation... although, it really did depend on the sort of discomfort she felt at the given moment. Other times she could be down-right villianous and cruel. Thus was the double-life of Sky, though. Always confusing.

WC
<style>
.zero-daffodil {font-family: trebuchet ms, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#e5e5e5; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; background-color:#838786; background-image:url(http://zero.sleepyglow.net/images/otras ... ffodil.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 110px 0px; border:none; width:450px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
He didn't know what to do as she sobbed into his shoulder, so he just kept rubbing her back and murmuring softly to her. When she pulled away he let her go, though he wanted to at least touch her hand. He gave a gentle and concerned smile in reply to her hollow smile. "Taliesin. Or Tal, if you prefer. And it was no bother..." Her voice almost seemed over polite, and he touched her hand gently. Comforting this smaller woman was in his mind, nothing else. He didn't care who she was, she was in need of a friend, if nothing else.

His voice still soft, he answered her question. "I came here not too long ago. Right before Shawchert left. I didn't mean to bother you, I was nearby and heard your song... and then, I thought you might need a friend..." The name resolved into something more tangible, a mention of her made by the male he just mentioned himself. Shaw had said she was a healer of sorts too. He lifted a hand, running his fingers through his ever messy mane, an unconscious gesture he made often when nervous or concerned.

"You can tell me to go away, if you want, or you can talk to me. Sometimes talking to a stranger is easier than talking to someone you know." Oh, how he knew that. Hell, it had been Shawchert he'd told about Kira and Azza, about the deaths of the girls. If he'd known her connection with the past leader, with this place, he probably wouldn't have made mention of the male. But the poor guy was oblivious to it. (As he was much else, usually, wrapped up as he was in his son and his writing.)
[html]

Tal. She’d keep that in mind. She smiled with a little effort and moved her hair back out of her face, tucking it behind the fur along her cheek with her free hand. The other moved slightly to grab Tal’s hand, though she didn’t really pay it any mind. If she had, she’d have let go, not wanting to become dependent or needy again. She listened with tiredly perked ears as he explained how long he’d been there... and then it all went out the other ear when he mentioned the very source of her pain. Her smile faded and she glanced down, finding their hands to be much more interesting than whatever it was he was saying. Blocking out any unwanted thoughts, she vaguely compared their fur color, the difference in size, idle and unimportant things like that. She didn’t notice his habitual action but when he suggested leaving, her eyes finally snapped up to him again.

No... No, please don’t. I could use the company. She offered another sad smile, then turned to look at the ruins of Shawchert’s old home. This... was Shawchert’s house at one point. He’d been working on it all autumn. A snow storm we had brought it down, though. She remembered practically forcing him to move in with her after that, a vague smile gracing her face at the warmer memories that came with it. That smile faded as she recalled some of the more... bitter feelings she had for him at the moment and she scoffed. We’d been courts before he up and left. Her tone became somewhat bitter, though the obvious heartbreak was mixed in there too. It showed even more as she spoke again, that bitter tone fading. ...I don’t understand. I thought we were happy... I thought he... Her throat clenched up again and she glared up at the ruined building, suddenly hating it all over again.

She shook her head after a moment or two of silence, screwing up her maw to show the tips of her teeth in a look of disgust. I should’ve known better. It’s just my luck. I find someone I think I love and something happens to rip it all away from me. She leaned back a bit and her gaze turned to their hands again, though she didn’t let go, feeling the sudden need to rant on. The miscarriage should’ve been the first sign. I should’ve just focused on the pack and my rank after that. I was the fool to think it could’ve ever worked out. The dark voices in her head agreed with this, mocking and taunting her though she paid no real attention to it. Instead, she looked up at Tal and her ears pinned back. Why do I keep letting myself get hurt? Yeah, that voice mocked, as if he has an answer for that. She knew he probably couldn’t tell her anything, being a stranger, but at least she had the chance to get it off her chest.

WC
<style>
</style>
[/html]
He stroked his finger over hers absently, his gaze only on her face. He swallowed; emotions weren't exactly something he was good with. Hers seemed to fluctuate wildly, which he supposed was understandable. "I always hated hearing that everything happens for a reason, that if it were meant to be it would be, or that Rhiannon wouldn't give me anything unless I reached out to take it for myself. I won't waste time saying those things." He bit his lip. "I'm not sure what to say to make you feel better, and I'm not stupid enough to promise things will get better for you." Being blunt was all he knew how to do, when he did speak. Neither his mother or his father were exactly great in regards to tact either, and both had at one time been either high ranked members or leaders of different packs. He did what felt right, what felt natural to him. He reached out and if she didn't pull away, he would lift her chin and look into her eyes.

"What happened to you is a shame, Miss Sky. But no one can help falling in love. Hell, my mother fell in love with a rapist. Twice. I fell in love with a crazy woman...her oldest son killed her and my other two pups." He paused, trying to bring himself back to her. "Sorry...what I'm trying to say is that life sucks sometimes, but if we let it get us down all the time we would never see the better things in life. Err... if we focus on everything we lost along the way, we'd never see what it is we have." He gave her a self depreciating smile. "I'm a writer, but I'm no good with the spoken words sometimes. So if I offend you, just slap me." This was said with a serious face, but a smile in his eyes.
[html]

Sky couldn't look up at him from their hands at that point, though she did listen, hanging on every word he spoke, ears heavy on her head and voice silent. He mentioned someone named Rhiannon, though she paid little mind, her mind registering it for later in case it came up again. She managed a weak smile when she realized just how honest he was being, grateful for it. She didn't move away when he pulled her chin over to look at him, shoulders sagging a bit and eyes locking onto his. He went on to share his own experience, the experience of his mother, giving his words of advice and at the end... she smirked.

She reached up and playfully tapped his cheek with her free hand. I'm offended that you'd think you'd offend me. She joked, sticking out her pierced tongue playfully, feeling a little better than before. The hybrid's eyes were still pretty sad to look into, mourning all the same, but at least she felt lighter now. Thank you, Tal. You're... probably right, yeah. Sky agreed, nodding her head slowly and feeling her eyes pulling away again.

I just don't understand why it all goes to shit for me every time. It's like I'm not meant for it or something stupid like that. She heaved a sigh, one that bounced her shoulders a bit. ...I'll get over it in time, sure... but it's still painful. She brought her free hand up to her face, rubbing at her eye to rid herself of the itching feeling there that came with wanting to sob or sniffle. And... I'm sorry about what happened with your crazy lady. She glanced over at him again, smile faded. I guess we both know what it's like, huh?

WC
<style>
</style>
[/html]
((Sorry, needed a small break. ^^ But I'm back...and so is Shaw. Wonder what will happen next? LOL))
((WC 3+))

The male grinned as she playfully slapped him. "Yeah, well I'm offended you think I wouldn't offend you," he retorted, his eyes smiling. The smile faded when she sighed and spoke again. He nodded, then replied softly. "Life is painful sometimes. But when we face the dark, our backs are turned away from the light." He laughed softly. "Sorry, couldn't resist quoting myself." He reached up when she rubbed at her face and touched her cheek gently. When she expressed her sympathy for what had happened to him, his ears laid back slightly, then stood up again. "I try not to think of it often. Loosing my daughters was hard enough without constantly reminding myself of my failure to protect them all." A shadow crossed his eyes, even when he looked at the seemingly fragile Sky. He ran a hand through his always messy mane, giving her a sad smile. "Everyone one has their own pain, whether they admit it or not."

"I live in one of the stone houses by an overgrown garden. If you ever want to talk, or just...I don't know...Anyways, you're free to come over any time. I'm always around there, or my son knows where I went to. But I tend to stay pretty close. I like to sit on the porch and write. My door is always open to you, Miss Sky." He lifted her hand to his mouth and kissed it gently, then lowered back to it's previous resting place. He still wasn't thinking of her romantically, his mind was on giving her comfort and a friend to listen to her while she needed it. That wasn't to say that he wasn't attracted to her, he had noticed that she was in fact, very attractive. He was a nice guy, though, the kind who would never think to take advantage of a damsel in distress. He was the kind of nice guy for whom the old adage "Nice guys finish last" was coined.