Here I Am; This Is Me
[html]

Ralla. Would. DIE. o-o

Ralla shrugged again in accordance to Ayasha's question of the dominance. Quite honestly, she didn't know either, since she had never had younger siblings. It had always just been her and Noss, and Noss had done the dominating quite well just by being...him. Even in his early years Noss cut an intimidating figure, and... Come to think of it, Ayasha's never met Noss... That thought stuck in her mind. Although Ayasha and the pups had J'adore as their Edutsi, and by extension Leon and Mizu as a part of that family, they had never met their blood kin, and thereby Ralla also felt bad because these were Noss's family here, too. Even if he was not exactly a 'family man', wouldn't anyone want to meet their kin?

Getting up after a spell to catch Ahiga--who had attempted to hop away from the bounds permitted him--Ralla picked the pup up from underneath his arms and brought him back to sit with her, turning him upside down and ticking his stomach as he struggled without much result. Ralla regained a calm demeanor as Ayasha began to speak again, even as Alaster and Aleu came tromping their way to get in on Ahiga's fun. Ayasha's look was not one of anger or frustration, but...something that the mother just couldn't put her finger on. It didn't change much; the conversation continued. "Well, he sounds like a nice boy," she said while petting Ayasha's head, tucking loose strands of hair behind her ears, thus allowing Ahiga time to escape and to jump right on top of poor Alaster. This, of course, led to another wrestling match, which somehow Aleu joined in on and made it a huge rolling ball of puppies. "I'm sure we can welcome him in. Tell me more about him?" The purpose of that was mostly to tell what Ayasha thought of the other wolf, but also to assuage Ralla's fears a little. She was a mother; she was entitled to a little interrogation.

And then it was asked: Kemo's disappearance. The smile instantly disappeared from Ralla's face and she let her hands clench each other in her lap. Forest green eyes did not meet Ayasha's sharp blue, and her head was slightly turned away, as if in shame. Just the other night she had read into the stars and seen the truth; the terrible truth that she had been denying. "Your father's..." Oh, how did she explain this? The readings could only tell me one word; no details whatsoever--not whether he's dead or injured or in danger or anything! But... But...! Oh, how she wanted to deny it more; was still in a stage of pseudo-denial. This question... It would mean admitting it to someone other than herself, and it was far more painful...far more final. He was her first love--her first mate and father to her children--and still...it turned out like this. She didn't know how to deal with it, much less explain it to a child when only one word had come from the readings and from Nootau's infinite knowledge; the one word that had come to her as the answer to her question pained her, and there was nothing she could do about it. "He's not coming back..."

Gone.

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.owlooc {font-style:italic; color:#fff;}
.owl {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#5C718E; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto;}
.owlinner{background-color:#A6C4EE; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... llatab.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; width:483px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
.owl p {padding:0px 10px 5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.owl .box {width:275px;height:205px;float:right;}
.owl b {color:#fff;font-family:georgia;text-shadow:2px 2px 2px #3D4F69;}
</style>
[/html]

[Image: Ralla_by_Nina2.png]

Messages In This Thread