Here I Am; This Is Me
[html]
Woops @-@ You'd think a post log would help me better -_-

"Your uncle," Ralla answered as she continued to mull the thought over. "Not Edutsi J'adore, your blood uncle--Edutsi Noss. He lives in Cour des Miracles and came from the same place I did, far, far to the south. I was thinking that it might be good for you four to meet him soon. Fair warning, though," she said with a mischievous grin, "he's not exactly Mr. Touchy-Feely. He's none too good with kids either, but...I'm sure he'll love you kids." At the very least she hoped. Ayasha's tendency to ask a lot of questions might grate of Noss's nerves a little--his patience was oh-so-very limited with children--but he would probably have his hands full with Ahiga, who probably was more like a young Noss and Kemo mixed. He'll be trouble, she thought with a sigh. On the other hand, perhaps Strelein would also like to see them? Ralla didn't have a very broad idea of Strel's patience, but mayhap he might be able to take Ayasha's questions better than her brother.

Ralla giggled at the hot and cold reactions she got from Ayasha concerning the boy. She had never felt these things when she was that young, but she could only imagine the confusion. "That's a good reason," Ralla said with a smile. "In the old tales, this form was granted to us by the moon because it was our turn to become the guardians of the earth. By extension, being granted the gift for such a reason is admirable. But I want you to keep in mind, sweetheart; it's never alright to hurt someone. If you and your siblings were in danger, of course I'd come to your rescue and use whatever means necessary. But if I hurt someone, it is not something to be happy about. Even our food we must thank; it is what sustains us and gives us life." These were old teachings that Ralla had been taught when she was a pup; spiritual and traditional, with wisdom in the very words.

Ralla turned her head down to her lap and lifted her hands, a pause taking hold before she let them stroke Ayasha's head soothingly. She felt the warmth from her daughter and heard her words, and the children played on--still too young to comprehend such emotions. Perhaps it's better that they're so young... At least they weren't given the time to become too attached... How it would've broken them had they been even a little older to know that their father was gone. But Ayasha was old enough to understand, and had known Kemo a little more intimately than her younger siblings. "I don't know, Ayasha. I don't know. I... He's not coming back, Ayasha. Not that I have seen. And there's nothing we can do. Your father..." How did she explain this? Kemo certainly had demons to contend with, but she didn't want her children to think of their father like that. "He's a good man. A brave, loving man. But there are some things we can't change in the world." Ralla refused to cry in front of her children; to show them the weakness in her heart. She could not help them if she was incapable herself.

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style>
.firestarter .ooc {font-style:italic;text-align:right; padding:0px 20px 20px 0px;color:#7a582a; }
.firestarter p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent: 20px;}
.firestarter b {font-family: verdana, tahoma, serif; color:#7a582a; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#6d152d 0px 0px 3px;}
.firestarter {background-color:#000; background-image: url(http://i.imgur.com/86Qj2.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #7a9ab1; font-family: tahoma, serif; font-size:13px; color:#44331c; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; width:400px; text-align:justify; padding: 10px 0px 265px 0px; border: 1px solid #6f4632; border-radius:10px;-moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px;}
.firestarter-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000; margin: auto;border-radius:10px;-moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px;}
</style>
[/html]

[Image: Ralla_by_Nina2.png]

Messages In This Thread