Here I Am; This Is Me
[html]

Archiving a day after this post ^^ And yep; pp is fine. The song below is not AniWayan, but will be posted permanently to Ralla's profile since she sings it so often >_> (Sora, by Yoko Kanno)

Ralla giggled a little at Ayasha's incredulity. "I suppose I just never mentioned him, have I?" How silly of her. "It's not a bad thing, sweetheart. Your personality is warm and loving, and although your uncle can love, he does not often show it, and even then not in the way we're used to." Noss was a very stoic individual by nature, and was not used to showing love the way that Ralla had raised her to experience it. Perhaps he would upset Ayasha--he was not one to guard or mince words, either--but maybe if Ralla were there he would watch himself closer. Ralla never wanted Ayasha to lose the part of her that was loving and accepting; it was a precious gift. "I'm glad to hear that," the white woman said in response to Ayasha's promise of bravery. She believed it, too.

"Of course I miss him," she whispered while smiling, although the smile was one more of wistful sorrow. "You did nothing wrong," she assured her daughter. "You children could never do anything wrong that would make him turn away. No, he...he left for his own reasons that I suppose he couldn't deal with here." That fact hurt Ralla because it meant that he couldn't let her help shoulder the burden he carried anymore. He had at one point, but she knew him; a white knight, who hated to see others hurt. Perhaps she herself had upset him by taking on the burden, but she had wanted to. "We're going to stay a family," she said firmly, "because we are still one. No matter what other people say. We will all follow our paths without faltering." It was all they could do. According to the tribal laws, Kemo was now very much shamed in their eyes because he had abandoned his family. But now Ralla, too, and her children were shamed, even if they had done nothing wrong. But Ralla didn't believe that she and her children were shamed at all, and would fight hard to prove to everyone that they were still the same as they were before, if not better. She would live with their burden and prove to everyone that they could be just as great with it. Looking down at her children--the pups seemingly already tired out from their play--Ralla began to sing the lullaby that had captivated her and that she had used to lull them all to sleep, feeling the warm summer air caress them like a hand on a cheek.

"Win dain a lotica,

"En val tu ri,

"Si lo ta.

"Fin dein a loluca.

"En dragu a sei lain,

"Vi fa-ru les shutai am,

"En riga-lint."

"Win chent a lotica,"

"En val turi,"

"Silota."

"Fin dein a loluca,"

"Si katigura neuver,"

"Floreria for chesti,"

"Si entina."

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift b {font-weight:bold; color:#F8F6F3; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[Image: Ralla_by_Nina2.png]

Messages In This Thread