trials of fire
[html]

WORD COUNT→344

It was not that the woman was displeased to see her brother — in fact, when it was only Songan, she was quite content to have him around — but that she worried for the plight of their people with the head of their family now in the off-shoot tribe so far away. Agitsi had two other sons, and her older sister, but with the loss of doda, she was sure that their mother would have taken the loss of her children as hard as any. Of course, the frown that crossed the craftsman's face halted her irritation to some extent; she didn't want to upset the man. His questions were taken with a nod, periwinkle eyes closing as they were rubbed with a cream-furred hand, but no words came forth until she questioned him on his arrival.

Dawali hadn't told her about Songan's arrival, but she supposed that he'd simply been so busy it hadn't crossed his mind; she knew that she was also spending more time attending to her duties in the pack rather than asking about new faces that joined the ranks. "Yes, staying with him. With Mischka gone, and with the injury, I wanted to help him." In the mind of the young woman, it made sense; Dawali and Songan had done so much for her during her childhood that she felt it necessary to give back to them, be it in the form of cooked meals and company or simply as emotional support in life. She watched as he searched for something, finally opening his mouth about what it might be: canoes. She frowned. "Why would I know where they keep their canoes, Songan, I've only just arrived." The words were biting and harsh, filled with a grumpy undertone that was not uncommon to the Fire Tender's voice. She had never been fond of water other than the wash the mass of feathered braids and beaded waves or dirt from her fur after working; swimming, fishing, these were things that Chitsa did not take pleasure in as others might have.

<style type="text/css">
.chitsablu-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:11px; text-align:left;text-indent:0px;}
.chitsablu b {font-weight:bold; color:#c5c2a8; letter-spacing:1px}
.chitsablu p {text-indent:15px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.chitsablu {margin:0 auto; background-color:#367a93; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/2lw3rdl.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 255px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#c5c2dd; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #202e2e; margin:0 auto;}
.chidivide {width:90%;border-bottom:1px solid #202e2e;margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread