Into the rabbit hole...wait...That is no Rabbit!
[html]

Word Count » 470
Sorry for the wait! I thought I had replied a while ago; apparently my mind got the idea that writing a post in my notebook meant it would automatically jump to the forum. -_-
Also, Deirdre should meet Slade when he's in one of his moods.

Slade Auctor

Slade was having one of those rotten days. First he had remet that somewhat mysterious loner in a cemetery, and from there on he had tried and failed to kill terrible writer's block--if he could even be considered to have writer's block, since he wasn't a writer. After a short hunt which he didn't really feel like completing--leaving him rather hungry--Slade hadn't wanted to do much more than sleep.

Unfortunately it would be short-lived. Next thing he knew he was hearing another howl, and by now he'd recognized the voice: Deirdre. For once he wasn't jumping for joy when he heard it. Sure, he would be glad to see her, and maybe she would make his day go a bit uphill, but for now he just wanted to sleep away the hours. Forget it, Slade; she already woke you up, and now it would be rude to ignore her. With a weary sigh he hauled himself out of his den--which was in terrible condition, but he didn't see much need to fix it as long as it was livable--and started heading towards the borders, forcing himself not to take his leisure time.

He had to admit that he did get a bit excited when he saw her. The gray-colored wolfess stood waiting for him, looking excited about something as always. He couldn't help but wonder if she had made up her mind to join the pack, though that subject had been dropped a long time ago. Besides, he wasn't in the position rank-wise to greet joiners, was he? For all you know, you might be. You are absolutely brain-dead to the events of this pack.

He forced a smile for Deirdre, but it was the only part of him that showed a trace of excitement. One might think he had trudged over after a harsh battle or just returned from a long run, with his fur dusty and his overall demeanor not reflecting any happiness; he was low to the ground, not quite crawling but still not close to trotting. His head and tail were dropped as he glanced up at the wolf. This was a complete opposite of how he had greeted her at their previous meeting, when he had taken refuge in her den after a storm. (He was fortunate that he lived in a pack; she wouldn't be allowed to touch his sorry excuse for a home unless she joined.)

"Deirdre," he greeted formally, his tone lacking much expression. "What brings you here?"

<style>
.slade-txt {font-family: 'Palatino Linotype', palatino, georgia, serif; font-size: 14px; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; padding:0px 0px 5px 0px; margin:5px auto; width:500px; }
.slade-txt .inner {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/XXDEO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; }
.slade-txt .ooc {font-family:verdana, geneva, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; margin:5px auto; width:500px;}
.slade-txt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.slade-txt .tagline {font-family:'Zeyada', arial, serif; font-size:30px; padding:25px 15px 13px 0px; text-align:right;}
.slade-txt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 10px;}
.slade-txt .inner .tagline + p {text-indent:0px;}
.slade-txt .inner .tagline + p:first-letter{ display:block; margin:5px; float:left; font-size:60px;}
.slade-txt b {letter-spacing:1px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
.slade-txt u {text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread