Into the rabbit hole...wait...That is no Rabbit!
Quote: Date: June 1st
Time: Early Morning
Mood: Ever Changing

[html]

OOC: All righty then, here is our next thread. Smile Wanted to try something different with my writing, hope it's good Smile / WC: 534

Restlessness…
Feet moving within the void of her dreams…
Nightmares and memories…
Fantasies…
Thoughts enclosed within her mind…
Trapped behind uncertainty…

She sees the swift caress of dark fur across her muzzle, teasing her to follow. She feels her heart race within her chest as her feet follow the tail belonging to another.

Memories…
Pain…
Sorrow trapped within a damaged soul…
Lost…
Damned to be forever alone…

Her feet take her across barren lands, lush forests, and then toward ruin structures. She feels unsteady, her mind running with fear and the feelings of panic.

Nightmares…
Death…
Solitude…
No hope for survival…
Trapped, hidden within own emotions…

Then the world swirls, trapping her within a vortex of images. She stands panting, heart about to burst from her chest. Frighten and confused, unable to come to terms with what had happened.

Fantasies…
Paradise…
A new life to begin again…
Hope…
Pain to ease more pain…

Green, a sea of green surrounds her lithe form. Tall, towering grass crawls up her legs and wraps around her body, keeping her within a protective embrace. She looks out with grey orbs. The world is new, she is different, and there to greet her, a new figure stands. She meets his amber eyes, and calls out to him…

She awakes, steadily her eyes pierce through the darkness that devoured her surroundings. She views the world with freshness, the dreams and nightmares slipping away from her groggy mind, becoming forgotten with true awareness. She sighed and stood, stretching out the kinks and aches of her body. She bows, stretching her forelegs out in front of her and digging her nails within the soil. She yawns, stands, and then shakes the remainder of her slumber away from her.

She had a craving upon her awakening.

Rabbit…

Grey portals swirled to the entrance of her small cozy den within the hollow of a tree. She smiled warmly to the bright day, and took a step out to adventure. She looked around, sniffed the air. Inhaled, exhaled, and then sighed.

Faded dreams and memories poked the back of her mind, reminding her how alone she truly was. She growled to herself, allowing for only a moment for sanity to slip away. She snarled at her own thoughts, and shook the dreams back away.

Not alone, she had friends. A friend…

A new figure stands before her, gazing through the portals of her dreams. She sighs and shakes her head. Still foggy and mind full of fantasies. She huffs, and watches her breath catch upon the wind…

Run and hunt.

She looked around, and smiled to herself. She would hunt and she would run, but not alone. She inhaled once more, and dashed forward heading for the border of a certain pack.

Slade!

She stood before the borders, the invisible line resting before her. She scratches at the ground, glares into the bushes and then raises her head to the sky. A song escapes her throat. Beautiful and devoid of sadness. She sings a song of two, a calling to say. She calls him forth with a lovely tune, in hopes he would answer.

A hunt for two.

She did not have to be alone…

<style type="text/css">
.bird_soulflight01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.bird_soulflight01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.bird_soulflight01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.bird_soulflight01 {margin:0px auto; width:420px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/3274/birds001.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 30px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count » 470
Sorry for the wait! I thought I had replied a while ago; apparently my mind got the idea that writing a post in my notebook meant it would automatically jump to the forum. -_-
Also, Deirdre should meet Slade when he's in one of his moods.

Slade Auctor

Slade was having one of those rotten days. First he had remet that somewhat mysterious loner in a cemetery, and from there on he had tried and failed to kill terrible writer's block--if he could even be considered to have writer's block, since he wasn't a writer. After a short hunt which he didn't really feel like completing--leaving him rather hungry--Slade hadn't wanted to do much more than sleep.

Unfortunately it would be short-lived. Next thing he knew he was hearing another howl, and by now he'd recognized the voice: Deirdre. For once he wasn't jumping for joy when he heard it. Sure, he would be glad to see her, and maybe she would make his day go a bit uphill, but for now he just wanted to sleep away the hours. Forget it, Slade; she already woke you up, and now it would be rude to ignore her. With a weary sigh he hauled himself out of his den--which was in terrible condition, but he didn't see much need to fix it as long as it was livable--and started heading towards the borders, forcing himself not to take his leisure time.

He had to admit that he did get a bit excited when he saw her. The gray-colored wolfess stood waiting for him, looking excited about something as always. He couldn't help but wonder if she had made up her mind to join the pack, though that subject had been dropped a long time ago. Besides, he wasn't in the position rank-wise to greet joiners, was he? For all you know, you might be. You are absolutely brain-dead to the events of this pack.

He forced a smile for Deirdre, but it was the only part of him that showed a trace of excitement. One might think he had trudged over after a harsh battle or just returned from a long run, with his fur dusty and his overall demeanor not reflecting any happiness; he was low to the ground, not quite crawling but still not close to trotting. His head and tail were dropped as he glanced up at the wolf. This was a complete opposite of how he had greeted her at their previous meeting, when he had taken refuge in her den after a storm. (He was fortunate that he lived in a pack; she wouldn't be allowed to touch his sorry excuse for a home unless she joined.)

"Deirdre," he greeted formally, his tone lacking much expression. "What brings you here?"

<style>
.slade-txt {font-family: 'Palatino Linotype', palatino, georgia, serif; font-size: 14px; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; padding:0px 0px 5px 0px; margin:5px auto; width:500px; }
.slade-txt .inner {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/XXDEO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; }
.slade-txt .ooc {font-family:verdana, geneva, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; margin:5px auto; width:500px;}
.slade-txt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.slade-txt .tagline {font-family:'Zeyada', arial, serif; font-size:30px; padding:25px 15px 13px 0px; text-align:right;}
.slade-txt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 10px;}
.slade-txt .inner .tagline + p {text-indent:0px;}
.slade-txt .inner .tagline + p:first-letter{ display:block; margin:5px; float:left; font-size:60px;}
.slade-txt b {letter-spacing:1px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
.slade-txt u {text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC: o3o I love moody puppies. Smile and nah, that’s fine. Smile don’t mind the wait, allows me the time to find some inspiration! :3 Mah! ….wow, I have an active mind today. Haha....also this is what her face looked like after she said she was stealing him away O-O; .../ WC: 320

Sluggish…
A slug…
No not a slug just sluggish.

He came upon her, head drooped and tail lowered, reminding her slightly of a puppy who just embarrassed himself in front of the pack. She greeted him with a small smile, which lacked the joy her howl had held. She gazed down at him.

Dreams…
Fantasies…
Amber eyes gazing back into the abyss…

She blinked, and shook her head. He spoke, and her heart fluttered softly.

“I’ve come to get you,” she said. Holding back the urge to bump her head against his side. Strangely she wanted to comfort the sluggish creature. His demeanor was bugging her, causing uneasiness to creep across her spine.

Since she met him, her life, her personality had altered…no, not altered, returned. She was again herself. Cheerful, playful, shy, stubborn…well, stubborn had always been one of her strong traits and never actually left her. Now however, seeing Slade as he was burned a great desire to pounce him, and not in the good way…Well perceptively it depended.

Strangely the sight of him reminded her of a pack make. Samuel, a stoic wolf who only ever smiled when around his…well, she didn’t allow the memory to return and instead looked at Slade giving him the up down.

“I’m taking you hunting,” she announced taking another step backwards. “And there is no way in the bloody forest that I’m allowing you to back out,” she snapped twisting a British/Irish accent with the word ‘bloody’ as she spoke. “I don’t feel like being alone, and yes I’m gonna be selfish and steal you away from your pack!”

You just sounded like a child there, her mind taunted. How lame of you… She mentally nipped herself and sighed. “Sorry Slade…I’ve…” heat rushed over her, “I didn’t have a nice night and…well.” She mumbled and tucked her tail between her legs, ears lowering against her skull.

“Come hunt with me, please?”

<style type="text/css">
.bird_soulflight01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.bird_soulflight01 {margin:0px auto; width:420px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/3274/birds001.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 30px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count » 468
I really should be posting elsewhere, but at the moment this is pretty much the only thread I have muse for. I wish my mind was also that active.

Slade Auctor

He gave her a formal, unusual-for-himself greeting, and she returned it with... well, not a greeting, more of a demand. Ugh, he wasn't in the mood for this. Still, for that reason he decided he needed to go on this hunt whether he liked it or not. It wasn't like Deirdre spoke the truth when she mentioned "stealing" him away from his pack. He didn't really know any canine in the pack--other than himself, of course--better than Deirdre, and there was really no reason other than a bad mood to sleep the rest of the day away.

Just because he was forcing himself to go didn't mean that he was going to try to be completely upbeat; somehow he could sense that Deirdre would see through it, since he certainly wasn't acting himself, and he certainly didn't feel like explaining. He would just act the way that came naturally to him, and at the moment this was a rather bored, monotonous way.

Surprisingly, Deirdre's mood switched back to what Slade was used to when she finished talking, which suddenly made him feel much less opposed to coming on this hunt. He still had a storm cloud hanging over his head but in that particular moment it shrunk considerably. Letting his head and tail rise a bit, the coyote gave a formal nod to her demand. They had the opposite problem, bad days and bad nights. The difference, Slade realized, was that Deirdre was open to admitting it. This reminded him of their past meeting, when he had noticed that he knew quite a bit about her life and she knew little about his. In addition, his mind began to reel and he recalled the rest of that meeting, when he had promised that she was welcome to come to Cercatori's border to summon him for whatever reason.

Again, Slade was reminded how he was a terrible conversationalist, and once again his head drooped--not so much in boredom, but in shame. Well, there was certainly no way he was going to back out now, not after that promise. (Technically he hadn't promised to stick to either of those statements, but in his mind he had decided that they were promises and it would be foolish not to keep them; there was no reason not to, after all.)

With most of his boredom replaced with embarrassment, especially after he realized that he had gone quite a while after nodding without moving much or speaking, Slade sputtered out the first words that came to mind: "Yeah. Yes. Sure. Of course, I'm up for a hunt. Haven't had much luck with my own hunt today. Let's go." He started walking past her, trying not to meet her eyes, hoping that by the time she caught up his ears wouldn't be bright red.

<style>
.slade-txt {font-family: 'Palatino Linotype', palatino, georgia, serif; font-size: 14px; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; padding:0px 0px 5px 0px; margin:5px auto; width:500px; }
.slade-txt .inner {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/XXDEO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; }
.slade-txt .ooc {font-family:verdana, geneva, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; margin:5px auto; width:500px;}
.slade-txt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.slade-txt .tagline {font-family:'Zeyada', arial, serif; font-size:30px; padding:25px 15px 13px 0px; text-align:right;}
.slade-txt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 10px;}
.slade-txt .inner .tagline + p {text-indent:0px;}
.slade-txt .inner .tagline + p:first-letter{ display:block; margin:5px; float:left; font-size:60px;}
.slade-txt b {letter-spacing:1px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
.slade-txt u {text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC: Smile I think I want Deirdre to fall into a hole and piss off the wolverine. Kind of like she falls on his head. :\ Unless you think that Slade with him being in his current mood would make a better person to fall into a hole. Maybe both, just one of them lands on the wolverine instead of solid ground? / WC: 262

She smiled and nodded. Feeling him past, she turned around and followed slowly behind him. Counting her heartbeat as she walked, her gaze gently fell to the back of his head. Her ears twitched as she tilted her head softly to the left.

Listening…

To her soundings, to him, she was listening to the silence itself. The endless abyss that surrounded her heart and dug its claws within her mind. She listened to the echo of her ever-expending imagination, and sighed.

Thoughts…
Dreams…
Viewed by her mind’s eye…

She sighs and trots up past Slade; sticking her nose to the ground she takes lead. She inhales, exhales and then stops. She’s frozen within that one spot, eyes closed and ears twitching she listens into the silence of the morning.

Birds chirp…
Bugs sing…
Her heart beats to the tune of the forest…

Her head raises, eyes gaze stoic out into the surrounding bush. She breathes steadily, turning her head to the right then the left. Ears twitch. She dashes forward, but then slows to a steady trot. She lifts her nostrils to the sky, inhale and exhale. She lowers her nose to the ground, inhales and holds.

Gray orbs rise to the passage to her left, she smirks and raised her head between her shoulders.

“Are you up to some rabbit?” she asks searching for Slade’s gaze. The flesh beneath her fur heated and she quickly turned away, her gaze lingering to the left. “Something over there smells like rabbits…” She laughed softly, “been craving it since I woke up this morning.”

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Doesn't really matter to me; if you'd like to powerplay Slade tripping and falling in, feel free to do so. ^^
Also, stick with past tense? I like the new writing style, don't get me wrong, but the 'Souls rules state that posts should be in "third-person, past-tense format". :3

Slade couldn't help but feel like Deirdre's gaze was burning into his flesh the entire time he walked ahead of her, and all he could do was silently hope that a hole would appear in front of his paws and swallow him up. Unhelpfully, all he got was complete silence, broken only by the occasional stir in the trees. He wasn't paying much attention to sights or sounds, simply focusing on moving along. For once, here was a silence that he couldn't help but welcome; it would give his mind and face a chance to cool down.

After a while, Deirdre spoke, making Slade stop and turn his head to see what she spoke about. He caught her turning away quickly and wondered if she was really that hungry--he saw no other reason for her unusually fast change of direction. Taking a quick smell of the air, he picked up the scent of rabbits. There was something unfamiliar mixed in, however, a scent he didn't recognize which was dangerously close. At this point, he didn't want to bother asking Deirdre about it, because if she could pinpoint its source he'd feel even more idiotic. That was something he didn't need, especially since he had just calmed down.

"Let's head over, then, shall we?" Slade decided, dropping and beginning to stalk forward as he approached Deirdre. He was going to let her take the lead this time; it was only fair, since she had picked up the smell first. As he tried to figure out the rabbit's exact location, he tried to look at Deirdre and flashed her a ridiculous grin. This was the first time they had hunted together--and it was Slade's first time hunting with anyone who wasn't Slade--and he wanted to enjoy it... which meant that he had to try to use a positive attitude and get Deirdre to focus on the hunt rather than her left side. What was she looking at, anyway?

<style>
.slade-b01 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.slade-b01 p {padding:0px 35px 5px 35px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.slade-b01 b {color:#fff; text-shadow:1px 1px 2px #000;}
.slade-b01 {background-color:#CD9DA4; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/IFe0W.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 60px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:13px; color:#020F46; width:475px; text-align:justify; }
.slade-b01-border {width:477px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.slade-b01 .separator{width:322px; border-bottom:1px dashed #020F46; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC: OMG I’m cursed! XD Damn I just realized what I did. Haha, sorry about that. Sometimes when I get too much into writing I forget to switch the tense to the past tense. Tongue my bad. Big Grin ….also…ATTACK of the evil wolverine!! XD / WC: 523

She took lead and followed a path that the rabbit’s smell was the strongest at; she sighed and dropped her ears against her skull as she walked a little ahead of Slade. She inhaled and then exhaled and dropped her nose to the ground, sniffing about as she walked. She pulled back, allowing Slade to take a few paces forward before taking the lead once again. As she walked with her nose pressed against the ground, her hind leg slowly dipped into the earth.

She halted and looked behind her to see her left hind paw had sunk into the ground. She blinked, mole hole? She questioned as she pulled her paw out from the hole. She took another step forward as she shook the small crumbs of dirt from her back foot. She sighed and then slid forward slightly as her right front paw dipped into the earth. She blinked down at the ground where her paw had sunk into another hole.

She was not enjoying the fact that she kept sliding into holes, and as she walked forward and toward a mound with a log resting above it the ground beneath her front paws suddenly began to crumble away. She blinked and yelped as her head sank into the mole tunnel connected to the mound.

The earth in front of her nose crumbled before her and revealed to her a den, and not the den her nose told her that is should had been. With her tail lifted up into the sky the she wolf gave a stunted yelp as her nose came to touch the black semi dry nose of a growling beast.

“Hi…” she murmured at the beast, “I don’t mean to intrude on your home…or destroy it…but as you can see I kind of…” The beast growled louder, and Deirdre gulped as she slowly attempted to climb back up the ditch she found herself in. The beast followed her movements.

The dirt beneath her hind paws gave way and forced her body to slide even more toward the angry creature that crawled its way out from its crumbling den. Deirdre growled back as her body fell, she huffed and pushed at the dirt beneath her, which resulted in the ability to twist her body around and allow for her front paws to pull her away from the snarling beast behind her. However, she was too slow and the beast clamped its jaw around the tip of her tail. She yelped, snarled and then twisted herself around and bit down upon the muzzle of the creature freeing herself from its hold.

“Bad day, bad day.” She mumbled as she pushed herself away from the chasing beast. “Slade!” She called out to him, “we have a major, major problem.”

She ran to him, and slid into the ground, her paws lifted some of the grass from their roots as she slid to a halt. She grinned up at the male coyote in a ‘we have a problem and its my fault but please don’t get mad’, and then opened her trap to speak. “I think I just angered a wolverine…”

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]