Into the rabbit hole...wait...That is no Rabbit!
[html]

Doesn't really matter to me; if you'd like to powerplay Slade tripping and falling in, feel free to do so. ^^
Also, stick with past tense? I like the new writing style, don't get me wrong, but the 'Souls rules state that posts should be in "third-person, past-tense format". :3

Slade couldn't help but feel like Deirdre's gaze was burning into his flesh the entire time he walked ahead of her, and all he could do was silently hope that a hole would appear in front of his paws and swallow him up. Unhelpfully, all he got was complete silence, broken only by the occasional stir in the trees. He wasn't paying much attention to sights or sounds, simply focusing on moving along. For once, here was a silence that he couldn't help but welcome; it would give his mind and face a chance to cool down.

After a while, Deirdre spoke, making Slade stop and turn his head to see what she spoke about. He caught her turning away quickly and wondered if she was really that hungry--he saw no other reason for her unusually fast change of direction. Taking a quick smell of the air, he picked up the scent of rabbits. There was something unfamiliar mixed in, however, a scent he didn't recognize which was dangerously close. At this point, he didn't want to bother asking Deirdre about it, because if she could pinpoint its source he'd feel even more idiotic. That was something he didn't need, especially since he had just calmed down.

"Let's head over, then, shall we?" Slade decided, dropping and beginning to stalk forward as he approached Deirdre. He was going to let her take the lead this time; it was only fair, since she had picked up the smell first. As he tried to figure out the rabbit's exact location, he tried to look at Deirdre and flashed her a ridiculous grin. This was the first time they had hunted together--and it was Slade's first time hunting with anyone who wasn't Slade--and he wanted to enjoy it... which meant that he had to try to use a positive attitude and get Deirdre to focus on the hunt rather than her left side. What was she looking at, anyway?

<style>
.slade-b01 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.slade-b01 p {padding:0px 35px 5px 35px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.slade-b01 b {color:#fff; text-shadow:1px 1px 2px #000;}
.slade-b01 {background-color:#CD9DA4; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/IFe0W.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 60px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:13px; color:#020F46; width:475px; text-align:justify; }
.slade-b01-border {width:477px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.slade-b01 .separator{width:322px; border-bottom:1px dashed #020F46; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread