Joining - Looking for a Home (Leader Needed)
[html]

(Thank you!)

Mai almost stopped walking at the shock of the comment. Kill her? Her eyes widened and her mouth was suddenly too dry. Belly swirling uneasily, she just stared at the two -quite shocked- for a moment before they both let out a laugh. She, too gave a relieved chuckle as her breath and heartbeat slowed down an increment at a time. Following behind once again, Mai thought of what else the wolf had asked her. She was still young, and not very confident in the skills she did have. The coyote couldn’t think of something she was particularly good at, but she was fairly proficient in quite a few things. “Well, I’m relatively small. So my Mammi- I mean, my grandmother, she had me do all sorts of jobs in places she couldn’t fit into.”

She chuckled softly at the memory of her crawling through a very, very tiny den, searching for the small talisman her grandmother had dropped into it. Sometimes she had wondered with increasing speculation that the older coyote was dropping things just to put her granddaughter in those hilarious situations. “I’m also pretty fast, there was only one other in my area who could beat me in a race.” Mai pondered for a second, trying to think of anything else she could do well. Then, it came to her, it was so obvious. “I was also a scribe for my grandmother while she was alive. She taught me to write and how to organize the thoughts into books. I don’t know if that’ll be any help to the clan, though.”

As they reached the beginning of the cave system, Ravesque bid his farewell, and Mai gave a quick nod of her head to him in return. She was starting to believe that this could really be her home. Before- and even after- entering the territory, she hadn’t really imagined that they would let her in their family. The rite that the pristine wolf had talked about seemed interesting. She had never experienced anything like that before in her life and thought it would be a good - if not educational- one. In the back of her mind, the coyote wondered why she had passed the obviously coyote-led clan a few miles back without a second thought and then, upon finding this one, it had automatically felt like home. Maybe it was fate; that’s always what her Mammi had always said. You made your life decisions but when it was something really important, sometimes fate pushed you in the right direction. Mai really hoped this was her meant-to-be place.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread