Joining - Looking for a Home (Leader Needed)
[html]

(Okay, back~ Tongue)

It was cool as they walked further away from the sun, and the coyote shook herself happily, releasing some of the heat trapped in her fur. When they stopped, Mai looked curiously up at her leader. Naniko withdrew a blade from its sheath and making a cut into her hand before reaching for the lupus’s paw. Letting the older woman take her limb, Mai flinched slightly as the slice was made across her fore paw. It didn’t hurt exactly, just stung in a thumping pattern in time with her heartbeat. A warm pride grew in her chest as her paw was pressed against the palm of the other’s hand. A little chill went through her as their appendages parted; she had never experienced anything like the small rite, and knew it was only the beginning of what she would learn about this pack.

The coyote couldn’t help but feel a bit lost as they made their way into the cave system. There was a clear cut path towards anywhere she’d like to go, but she didn’t know the layout. She smelled some sort of food to her right and knew that must be where the kitchen was. As a wolf came out stretching from the pathway in front of her, Mai figured the dens must be in that area. She lifted her muzzle, nose in the air. The scents were too jumbled, overlapping each other as the air passed over her and confusing her senses. Being new, and not overly confident, Mai wanted to stick close to Naniko. “Could you show me to a den, please. I don’t want to get lost.” Then, realizing that it might not be convenient for the pack leader, she bowed her head, “Unless, of course, it would be a burden. I’m sure I could manage on my own if you needed me to.” Mai restlessly kneaded her paws into the dusty ground beneath them, wondering how long her anxieties about being polite would plague her.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread