I'll sing it one last time [AW]
[html]
WC → 356 :: :C Selena hates seeing people leave. xD

“Moving?” Selena echoed Io, turning her head towards the russet woman in, again, slight shock, though the expression on her face only showed a meek interest; she was becoming better at hiding her emotions, it seemed. The pale girl again felt sad that the clan was losing its members left and right, but then again she did not know how many coyotes were hidden in the caves, or in the mansion enclosed by the trees, or perhaps who knows where else was inhabitable in the territory. Still, it dawned upon Selena as an event that demanded some kind of emotion from her, instead of it passing through one ear and out the other. She can at least sympathize with the woman and her son. She, too, had feelings of leaving her roots, to make her own, and perhaps the young Sarajevo was sharing the same intuition she had. As for the bi-colored mother, she was uncertain why she was leaving, and she would not ask.

Her mind waist-deep in thoughts, she nearly had not caught Io’s offer; she looked curiously at the piece of meat, though no signs of distaste came upon her face. “Thank you,” Selena said softly as she took the sliver of meat, giving it a quick sniff before swallowing it; it was a habit she had, always smelling things before she ate them, to give an idea what it could perhaps taste like. “We used to have foreign food, me and my family, since we lived in a port town. So, you can say that I acquired a taste for anything out of the norm of just fresh meat.” That was true; being more like an upper-class family, they did not just survived, they lived, and had the luxury of playing with their food with whatever techniques came from the docks from different settlements. “But I enjoy simple food as well… That was very good,” she complemented, giving Io a small smile that was the usual way the ivory she expressed her mild happiness, and saw where Aslan got his interest in cooking from. “Perhaps, wherever you are going, the people there will like your food better than the ones here.”

<style type="text/css">
.freebjuly04 b {font-weight:bold; color:#ebeee5; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #5c6730; }
.freebjuly04 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freebjuly04 {margin:0 auto; width:477px; background-color:#b5c89c; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... bjuly4.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #d6e8bd; padding: 120px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5c6730; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
By Alli

[/html]

Messages In This Thread