M - sto[p] as we drop this bomb.
[html]

He felt like he should say something, but the words would not come—not even a meagre thank you or I'll try. And so he nodded numbly with a half-hearted smile. In the coming days, he would become increasingly grateful that she didn't begrudge him for their accident... but right now, it hadn't fully sunk in yet. Not the repercussions (or lack thereof), not even the pregnancy itself. Even if he was sober, he wouldn't understand her blasé attitude; it still seemed wrong. What would she tell her subordinates when they asked who the father was? What would she say to the puppies when they were born? Barrett thought nothing of sex outside of formal mateship, but children were different. They were a crushing responsibility and a monstrous timesink. Even with the support of an entire pack... Ugh!

“If you do transplant them, be sure to water them a lot afterward,” he said at last, looking surprised by his own voice. It sounded the same, yes, but it felt hollow and distant. “I'll give you some seeds, too, in case they don't take,” he added, fetching a small pouch. She would probably view it as a favour, but deep down he knew he owed her so much more. (Or did he? She had to have known the risks going in, right?) “The females are more potent when they don't go to seed,” he explained, finally beginning to feel more like himself. Like he could almost ignore it for now, while they discussed the secrets of the trade. “If you want, we can go out back quick and I'll show you what to look for to sex them while they're still young.” His ears folded back. That had come out wrong, but he ignored it. With the terms of their trade settled, there wasn't much else to do but tell her what she needed and keep moving on.

<style type="text/css">
.barrett-snail b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; font-family:georgia,serif; font-size:11px;}
.barrett-snail p {text-indent:25px; padding:0px 0px; margin:0px;}
.barrett-snail {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#; background-image:url(http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l53 ... ail-xt.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:0px solid #000000; padding: 130px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: 'trebuchet ms', sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; text-align:justify;}
.barrett-snail-inner {width:350px; border:none; margin:0 auto 0px auto;}
.barrett-snail-wc {border-top:1px dotted #000000;line-height:10px;font-size:10px;font-family:'lucida console',sans-serf;text-align:right;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread