The Hunter's Hut
WC:418

Shiloh had heard that Saxif was back. She had been though so much and she missed the huntress dearly. They had become close in one day with her. She wanted to see her and as she lay in her bed with Kyra on her chest, sleeping she wondered where Saxif would be. She had wanted to make the huntress happy and finish her hut but because of her arm she couldn't carve or pick up wood. She felt bad because she had promised Saxif a hut. She wondered if Saxif would think differently of her and as she got up and preyed to the AniWayan spirits for letting her live another day and have Kyra to take care of she got her bag that used to hold her knapping stuff and put Kyra in it. She had lined the bag with rabbit fur, soft and patted enough so that the kit would be ok with she walked.

She left Mizu a note saying she would was going out with Kyra and that she was going for a walk. She left the cabin and walked where her feet would carry her. She carried Kyra with her, feeding the kit with a syringe Mizu had given her. It was plastic and held a very ground up pulp of meat and herbs that kept the kit sleepy and full. The longer Kyra slept the more she didn't have to worry about the kit licking her stitches or mess with her leg. Shiloh hummed a tune she used to hum to her sister as she walked and fed the kit, shocked to find herself walking to where she had started to set up Saxif's hut. As she got closer she heard someone crying and was shocked to see Saxif close by her unfinished hut. Shiloh felt bad that she was crying and knew it was her fault. She put Kyra in her napsack and walked slowly over to Saxif.
"I'm sorry I never finished your hut Saxif. I planned on having it done before you got back. I wanted to surprise you but something happened and I.... I can't finish it."she whispered softly almost afraid to touch the woman. She reached for her and touched her ivory shoulder softly. She hated seeing her down and honestly loved her friendship with her. "Did...did I do something wrong?"she asked sitting down, putting Kyra's napsack in her lap. She hoped her friendship with Saxif wasn't different now that she had been raped.

Messages In This Thread