The Hunter's Hut
[html]
Teehee sleepy time watching. WC: 500+

Saxif noticed the exhaustion in Shiloh, the morning quickly turning to day. Her own energy was still high. It was actually higher now that the pressure of her unnecessary stress had been released. Shiloh was safe, recovering and had missed Saxif just as much as she had missed her. She didn’t mind waiting for the next to complete the hut, she was in no rush. Spending the day with her friend seemed a much more pleasant task.

When Shiloh shifted she had pet the tiny mink in the nook of her arm. Then as she laid herself down Saxif walked near and sat in the grass. When I am with you it makes me feel different too. Like the true me just naturally falls into place. Not the one trained to be a certain way or the one who feels awkward about everything. I just feel like me. I think this strange interaction we share just means we will be great friends. Saxif smiled still gazing at the tiny kit.

Kyra was an interesting animal; she had never seen a mink so young. Its body was shorter than an adult, a trait she wouldn’t have suspected. She played with the small white hind leg almost massaging it as Kyra slept. Then she was distracted from the Mink as the gentle sleep sounds of the scarred wolf commenced. Saxif smiled as she watched Shiloh now asleep. She inched over closer and looked over the girl.

She took this opportunity to gaze at her scars, a trait she had found so interesting about the girl. She was scared to ask the greater details as the issue had deemed to be a sensitive one. Shiloh would often turn to self verbal torture when she would bring up the scars. This was one thing she had not enjoyed but it also gave her insight on the girl. She wasn’t just getting to know the Shiloh who was currently with her but also the young Shiloh who lost her family. She desperately wanted to touch the burn marks as she mentally mapped the flame’s touch. Her bare paws that were rough looking but smooth to the touch, she had to keep her hand from taking it within hers. She did not want to disturb the sleeping Secui. Various patches from her chin and chest were bare; an obvious result reaching for her sister. Then the patches through out her body seemed to be from narrowly escaping.

She had thought this the strongest point of the tale she hoped to hear, to understand. Shiloh had been so willing to live regardless of what she knew was lost to her. She had pulled herself probably moments from impending doom. Though survival was a natural instinct it seemed to live harder in Shiloh than she probably expected. This was the strength she admired. Her gaze fell on the fresh wounds which just added to her theory. To have gone through so much and still be going on, still having hope in her eyes and a brightness that she wondered was reserved only for Saxif. It was all so admirable. She didn’t know how long she watched the girl sleep but it had been a moment she would always think of.

<style type="text/css">
.saxifwind-ooc {padding:10px 5px 0px 5px; font-style:oblique; font-family: modern; font-size:11px; text-align:center}
.saxifwind-ooc i {font-weight:italic; color:#ff9999; letter-spacing:1px}
.saxifwind b {font-family: comic sans; font-size:16px; font-weight:bold; color:#ff9999; letter-spacing:1px}
.saxifwind p {font-family: roman; font-size:14px; text-indent:8px; padding:5px 5px; margin:0px;}
.saxifwind {margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff4 ... -1-1-1.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 0px 5px 225px 5px; color:#B2B1B2; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:14px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #21241c; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread