Sayin' a {P}rayer for the Desperate Hearts
[html]

WC: 1432 (Apologies, I got a bit rambly...) Don't worry about the wait, I don't mind Smile And I liked the post, shall I add a call for Haven into the title?

The ebony lady liked this little female, she was such a little ball of energy. She was fond of all young wolves, she delighted in their little quirks, their little habits, they reminded her of her own children, Conri when he ahd been young had been such a fluffy streak of red fur, for that was all you saw of him as he was racing about so quickly. She could not pretend to know how the twins had behaved when they were young, she had missed so much of their young lives, being unable to cope with them, they made the memories bubble to the surface of her mind to frequently, looking at them was like rubbing salt into open wounds, she could not bear to be around them for such a long time. The dark lady had left them because of that, and when she had come back they had been grown, with their own lives, their own little quirks, especially Dhalia, she was far from stable, too much of her father's blood was flowing in her veins, but Khaden had been so much more like her, her male mirror image had been cold towards her, but she could not blame him, should she see her dark son again she would do all she could to make amends with him, she missed her older children desperately. At least she had been something of a good mother to her youngest pups, they had been a handful and a half, all four of them seemed to speak a secret language that she herself could not decipher, they would all suddenly take off, racing towards the same goal, zipping in criss crossed lines so that their mother could not catch them, all four of them running cirlces around her. But each of them had a good heart, they were very good natured, she loved them all dearly, they had said their goodbyes and she had travelled here though, but she was certain that they would at least come and visit her, they had promised, just as she had promised to always have a warm welcome and a safe place to sleep waiting for them should they chose to seek her out. Oh how she missed all of her children, she hoped beyond hope that they would all suddenly appear to see her, even Dhalia, she was not sure how to take her daughters disjointed take upon reality, but she would try, after all she was her daughter. Her son had committed unspeakable acts of violence against those he was supposed to have loved, those he had sworn to proetect, Soran could never have forgiven him for them even if she wanted to, but despite it all she still loved him, he was her son after all, and her motherly bond could not be broken, despite all that he had done.

It was then that the little ball of brown fluff with her red chest spoke. The ebony fae's face fell into a look of utter shock, she was an Aatte, not only that she had taken the name from her father, and her brother seemed to bear the same surname as well. The ebony fae had more family, what a delight, it was such good news, the dark lady never recieved good news, or good luck for that matter, life only seemed to throw her a moment of happiness to make losing it again all the more painful. She hoped beyond everything that this was not one of those cases. The obsidian female stared into the face of the young female before her, searching her for some sign as to who her father would be, when the lady had last been here there had only been two Aatte's roaming the lands besides herself. Khaden and Haven, but which one was her father, she supposed that Khaden could have fathered her, it was not unusual for males to take younger mates she thought, her eyes raising to look at Princess once again, smiling at her slightly as she did so. But this fae had red fur, surely that would suggest Haven as her father, he would be old enough now she supposed, this idea had only just occured to her, afterall she still saw him as being little Robin's size, that was about how big he had been the last time she had seen him. Then again Khaden would bear the genes for red fur, although he had inherited his dark mother's onyx pelt his father had been a shocking vibrant red, as were his brother and sister, surely somewhere buried in his genetic code would be the right cocktail of chemicals to create red pups, perhaps this little fae had just been a chance moment, the red coming through in her, perhaps her brother was as jet as his father? The lady was unsure though, there was only one way to know for sure.
"Who is your father little one? Khaden or Haven? Or someone else?" She addressed this question to the pup, not wanting her to feel as if what she had said had suddenly become a grown up's only conversation.

It would seem though that the ebony fae needed not ask, as Princess then suggested that they summoned the little one's father, her mate surely. It would seem that the ebony female would not have to wait very long to know whether this little excitable creature was her granddaughter or great granddaughter. Soran felt uneasy, there was something in the other female's tone that made her nervous, she searched her golden eyes for any sign that there was something wrong, had something happened? She knew that she had not been the best mother, but she doubted that Khaden or Haven would have slated her to such a degree that their mate would be so nervous around the dark lady, they knew that she was completely harmless unless she had to be otherwise, that although she had been quick to abandon them when her heart had been so shattered and the winds of her mind too turbulant, she had never physically harmed them, the dark lady would not have dreamed of it, she would rather die than cause one of her blood any pain. That went for her alabaster almost-daughter as well, Naniko was close enough to be family, she would not want her to be caused any pain by her actions either. The ebony fae decided that it was probably best if she were to stand, the air had become uncomfortable around her, she did not like being sat when there was clearly so much tension here, she wanted to be able to turn on her heels and run if needs be. So she stood, her full height being rather impressive, although she was too lithe and willowy to appear as a threat to anyone around her, she may have had the height, but she certainly did not have anything like an imposing stance or muscles. She glanced down to the little girl again, smiling as she bounced about, before turning her gaze back to the fae.

She aplogised, perhaps there was less tension between them than the dark female had been anticipating, she supposed that it was a shock to them both, suddenly having a long lost relative turn up on the doorstep as it were. It was slightly amusing to the ebony lady, she had come here looking for her children and it appeared that she had found a whole other branch of her family.
"Do not apologise, I think I am as shocked as you are, when I left these lands I had not expected to come back to so many changes. It is nice to meet you Princess. The ebony fae replied, offering the younger girl a dark hand to shake in greeting.
"I apologise if my being here is making anything uncomfortable, it was not my intention, I was resting, funnily enough I was looking for my children, it would appear I have found more than that here." Soran said, a smile now playing on her lips, there was still a tension in the air, she was attempting to blow it away by being pleasant and as far from threatening as she could be. She knew that others might be wary of her, after what Conri had done, but she was not her son, just as he had proved himself to not be her. But still others did not always see it that way, perhaps in all the confusion, she had been blamed, a poor upbringing perhaps?

<style type="text/css"> .sa b {font-weight:bold; color:#55494c; letter-spacing:1px; } .sa .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color: #275a5f;} .sa p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;} .sa {margin:0px auto; width:381px; background-color:#e7dedf; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... soran1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 430px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread