Sayin' a {P}rayer for the Desperate Hearts
[html]

Ohh... Haven is maaaad XD Small thing, please don't tell Soran what Naniko did, Savina tells her later... EDIT: of course Erin you would know this *facepalms* WC: 1357 Sorry, it's an extra ramble because I was replying to both of you XD

The ebony fae listened to the little fae's reply, and her eyes widened, this made the little patchwork ball of fluff her great grandaughter. That made the sable female a great grandmother, she had not been expecting that, of course Haven and Mati would be old enough to have had their own litters of pups by now, they were old enough to have taken mates and procreated as they chose she supposed, but the last time she had laid her emerald eyes upon either of them they had been nothing more than tiny bundles of fluff themselves, no bigger than this little patchwork girl with her vivid markings. Although it was a fact that they had grown it had not really occured to Soran, after all they had been tiny when she had left, leaving them in the care of her pale daughter, her son having already fled, something which although it pained Soran, she knew was for the best, he was in no fit state to raise pups, to be anything close to a decent father, but her pale daughter had always been so stable, so loving and patient, she had imagined leaving the little ones in the care of her and Anu was the best thing for them. Soran herself had not been in a good place mentally, she could not cope with being in the lands, the painful memories of what had happened stabbing at her too often, let alone the challenges of helping her pale daughter raise a litter of pups by a male who had attacked her so viciously, they had been living reminders of Soran's own ordeal and she had been completely unable to cope with them, but now she felt she was. She knew that her chances were slim, she had abandoned them after all, though she did not yet know of the true extent of her abandonment, she had no idea of the pale mother's betrayal of her young children, the terrible act that would lead them to turn their backs on her. She had thought she was doing the best thing possible by leaving them, she had always trusted Naniko, although she guessed that something had gone terribly wrong within her family, simply by the fae's stance and the way she spoke, surely that could not be all for her, she had never hurt the pups, nor would she have wanted to, she had not been cruel, until she had found herself unable to stand the lands any longer she had tried to be the best grandmother she could be to them. Something was terribly wrong here.

The brown pelted female allowed her little daughter to wander off a little way. Although Soran was desperate to get to know this little female, she was glad of this, her head was reeling with the news that she had become a great grandmother in her absence, and the nagging doubt that she was not welcome here at all would not leave the back of her mind. The sable lady was glad to have this time alone to speak to Princess without worrying about offending small ears or divulging information that her parents would not want her to know, she was very young after all, it was too much to place the weight of her parent's and great grandmother's worries upon her small shoulders yet. She listened as the fae began to explain, the fae felt a sudden sadness, so Naniko was indeed within these lands and she knew nothing of her grandchildren, that was an awful thing to know, what had she done to make them cut ties so thoroughly? Why did they want her to remain in the dark about her grandchildren? What had she done? She had not hurt one of them had she? The ebony fae loved her pale daughter deeply, but she could never forgive her if she had hurt one of the pups, Soran had trusted her when she had left, thinking that she was a good mother, she did not know how well she could cope with another betrayal from one of her children. She nodded as the female spoke, watching her with green eyes, she seemed nervous, no doubt this was as awkward for the Cour Des Miracles girl as it was for the sable loner. She felt a little sorry for her then, having to be the bearer of such bad news, it was not her fault, no matter what had happened, and the lady's ears drooped slightly at the knowledge that something terrible had happened and this poor girl had to be the bringer of such bad news.
"I am Haven's grandmother, on his father's side. I haven't seen him since he was much larger than Robin there, I... left when he was young." The lady said, she was going to add more, to speak of how she was disgusted with her son's actions, how she could never forgive him, but she did not know if Haven would even know what had happened, she doubted that little Nani would have told him, it was a terrible burden to put upon a child, Soran knew that well enough, Conri had killed his own father after he attacked Soran, something which the sable fae blamed herself for to this very day. If he had not found her in such a damaged and broken state then perhaps he would not have changed into what he had become.
"I did not know Naniko was in these lands, I have not seen anyone yet, I will respect your wishes when it comes to her, I do not know the reasons behind it, but I doubt either of you are unreasonable wolves, there must be a reason behind your decision. I shall not tell her about Robin should I see her." The fae added, sincerity in her tone, she meant it, she really did, if there was this much unrest within the family already she did not want to be the one to add any unnecessary trouble into the pot.

The fae was about to speak more to Princess, to ask more questions, ask what Naniko had done that was so wrong that they had severed all ties with her, but she was interrupted by the sight of her grandson walking towards them. He had grown so much, he was so tall and broad shouldered. He had grown into a fine male it would seem, he had a large stallion trailing with him, along with the little patchwork girl who seemed content to follow him back to the conversation now. She seemed so cheerful, the dark female hoped that her father would be equally cheerful and excited to see his family once again, although she doubted it. Her doubts were soon confirmed as he approached, he was clearly on edge, placing a protective arm around his mate, Soran was suddenly concerned, what did he think that she would do? Surely he knew that she would be of no harm to his family, she was his family after all, she would rather die than hurt someone who shared her blood, or anyone that they loved. And then he spoke, his tone was cold and univiting, the ebony fae gave an involuntary shiver, his gaze was as cold as his tone. Soran dropped her shoulders, making herself as unthreatening as possible in appearance, she did not want him to think that she was a threat. She opened her palms, her long dark fingers spread wide, she held them out in front of herself, palm side up, showing that her hands were empty, there was nothing that she was going to suddenly attack him with.
"I was just wandering by, I happened across your daughter and mate quite by accident. I had no idea that you were living here. It is so good to see you again though Haven. I am not here to interfere, nor to harm, I promise." She said, looking her grandson in the eye, trying to show that she was being honest, her tone was calm, despite her nerves which were making her hands shake visibly.

<style type="text/css"> .sa2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#a9b1bd; letter-spacing:1px; } .sa2 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color: #5c697b;} .sa2 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;} .sa2 {margin:0px auto; width:455px; background-color:#324357; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... soran2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 375px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread