Sayin' a {P}rayer for the Desperate Hearts
[html]
Yay shiny new table Big Grin And ohhh Haven is still mad.

The sable lady looked from Haven to the little patchwork girl by his feet, throwing her what she hoped was a comforting smile, she knew that in a child's eyes, well a child with a normal upbringing, that a parent knew best, she herself had never felt that way towards her own father, but her adoptive mother Becca had been the one who had known right from wrong and the young female had followed her lead. The female assumed that this little female would be following her ochre father's lead on how to feel about her, after all she was a stranger to the girl; indeed she was a stranger to Haven as well, the little female seemed concerned that her father did not seem to like his grandmother, this worried the female, Haven could feel anyway about her he chose, but she did not want it to affect the little girl. So with that smile she tried her best to comfort the little girl to show her that she meant no harm and that she was not here to upset her father, even though she seemed to have done so. The female smiled as Princess thanked her, dipping her head politely, before looking back at her grandson, she could not help but stare at him, over the time that she had been gone he had changed so much, grown so much; so much had changed all around the lands when she had left, how she regretted missing all of this now. She wished that she had been here for her grandchildren, especially as it seemed something awful had happened in her absence, something had happened between her grandchildren and their mother, although she did not know what it was she was sharp enough to piece the clues together to arrive at that conclusion; she could not fathom what the alabaster mother could have done to have made Haven so edgy just at the sight of his grandmother, she had obviously done something bad enough that it had broken his ties to the whole family, making his mistrustful of all of his family. The sable lady shook her head sadly as she thought of it, if only she had been here, perhaps she would have been able to do something, help her grandchildren and her pale daughter, perhaps she would not be standing here feeling so hated, so evil as she stood before the male who shared her blood. If only there was a way to turn back the clock, to show him when he was younger that she was a good grandmother who had never felt anything but love for him.

The male spoke and Soran's heart sank, her velvet ears drooping slightly as she looked at the male. She crossed her arms across herself, rubbing at the jet fur of her upper arm nervously, not looking up at him, not able to meet his eyes, she looked like a naughty school child before the headmaster at this moment, staring down at the floor. So Haven knew, he knew what his father had become, the sable female blamed herself, she could not bear the idea that it had been her own attack that had sparked Conri's change, this of course was not true, she had not made him into a murderer or a rapist, if it was to do with blood then it was far more his father's influence, but then again she had proven that her father's genes had no hold over her, and if Haven's demenour was anything to go by then he had shaken the genes of his father and grandfather, how could she explain that to him though? How could she tell him that although she still loved her first born more than anything else in life, with the exception of her other children, she could never forgive him? That what he had done had been so disgusting to her that she had barely been able to look at him, that that had sparked her leaving, being unable to look at him, especially as he had asked her to kill him in a moment of remorse, that had been her final trigger for leaving. But despite all of that she still loved him, a mother's love was awkward that way, it was unconditional and although she did not like him, nor could she ever forgive him for betraying his mate, his pack, his pups and herself, she still loved him, would always love him. She gave a soft sigh as she looked into the cold gaze of her grandson, gazing into the green eyes that were so like her own, she licked her lips slowly, still trying to formulate an answer. She could not believe though that he had found out about all of this, had Naniko told him? What a terrible burden to place upon your child's shoulders, Soran had kept such things from her pups as much as she could, she didn't want to burden them with such things, to make them hurt just as she did.
I know you barely know me Haven, but you barely knew these members of your pack when you first met them? Did you suspect them all of being like your father? I am not him, just as you are not, Haven, just as I am not my father and you have managed to not be yours, or your grandfather. What Conri did disgusts me too, I cannot ever forgive him for such an act of betrayal. But you must believe me when I say that I would never do anything to hurt any of you, I would die before I knowingly caused you harm. All I want is a chance to get to know you, to be someone in your life you can trust. Clearly terrible things have happened whilst I have been away and I am sorry, deeply truly sorry for not being here to help you through this. Please Haven, all I want to do is talk to you. I am not expecting us to be the closest family that was ever known after a few moments, I am not expecting you to leap into my arms and start calling me grandmother, but I would like an opportunity to prove to you that I am not Conri, nor am I Naniko. I am no-one but myself and you may not know it yet, but I want to show you that I am a good wolf. Show all of you, your mate and little Robin here as well, with your permission of course. The sable female replied, her tone starting strong and proud, but finishing somewhere close to pleading, she just wanted to show him that she could be someone reliable in his life after all others had let him down.

<style type="text/css">
.freebsep43 b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.1em #000000; }
.freebsep43 p {text-indent:0px; padding:6px 16px; margin:0px;}
.freebsep43 {margin:0 auto; width:505px; background-color:#06132b; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/YaPWo.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; padding: 130px 0px 8px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8690b0; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.5px; text-align:justify;}
.freebsep43 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.freebsep43 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
WC: 1136
Table by the fabulous Alli

[/html]

Messages In This Thread