When all you got to kee[p] is strong
[html]

WC: 1793?! Sorry I did even more rambling XD Smile

The female could not take her eyes off of the younger male, it was so funny to see so many changes in him. She had been having to get used to a lot of changes recently, Haven had become a broad shouldered tall male, he was no longer the small ball of fluff that had tripped over his words and his own paws; Mati had grown into a beautiful woman, knowing her own mind and not wanting anything to do with her dark grandmother, her son had become a murderer and Nani had changed in another way, there was something deeper there within her, something darker, the way she had spoken about raising "better pups this time" had raised alarm bells in Soran's mind, what had happened. So much had changed, packs had fallen, formed and joined together, there was so much to adjust to, it had been a shock to the ebony lady's system, she had not expected it to be the same as when she had left, she did not expect time to freeze as her feet crossed the borders away from the lands, but so much had changed, and it felt like it had all happened in the blink of an eye for the fae, time seemed to be speeding up now that she was older. It was true that a lot had changed within her own life as well, she had given birth to another litter of pups, Rain, Flavian, Florence and Kiwi were now all almost grown themselves, the fae had almost belonged to another pack, she had taken another mate and she had left that all behind, just as she had done these lands, though on far more amicable terms. It just seemed that all that had taken no time at all for the fae, thinking about how much had changed in a space of six short years was so odd to the fae, let alone the two that she had been gone. She realised that in her lifetime she had seen so many changes, wolves had grown, had their own pups, died, changed, committed crimes, been the noblest they could be, the old lands had burned away into falling ash and cinders and the wolves had relocated and found themselves new homes. So much had changed in her life she could not quite understand why she was having so much difficulty adjusting this time, perhaps it was that her pups had grown, her grandchildren too had grown and given her great grandchildren, maybe it was because it reminded her of her age. The sable female had never been one to feel her age at all, she was still sprightly and active, her mind as sharp as it had always been, but it was true that she was ageing just as everyone else did, she was nearly eight years old now, the small silver flecks along her scar line and in her mane were evidence of that, it would not be that long until she was an old lady, not in the grand scheme of things.

Still she smiled and even chuckled a little as the guilty smile crossed Jazper's face, she knew he had not meant to frighten her, it was simply that she was on edge after all the time she had been alone, a wanderer's life was always full of danger, excitement too, but one would always have to be on their guard against enemies and strangers, especially a lone female such as herself. It was taking her a little while to remember that in these lands she was safe, it was very slim of a chance that anyone she came across would mean her any harm. Well perhaps except for her grandchildren, but they did not mean her harm, they simply did not want her in their lives, which hurt her sufficiently, almost as if they had given her a physical wound.
"Don't worry about it Jazper, I'm just a little cautious nowadays, you never know who's lurking when you're travelling alone after all. I'm safe with you though I suppose, unless you have become and unrivalled ruffian in the time I have been gone?" She said, a chuckle escaping her lips, along with a teasing smile crossing them, she was glad to see him again, glad to have someone with whom she could share a joke or some well meaning teasing. The male then gestured to his eye, the lady liked the marking, she had often wondered about getting another tattoo across her own eye to cover the scar, but she had decided against it, her scar was a badge of honour, a sign that she had survived, to cover it would suggest she was ashamed of that part of her past, and she was far from that, the dark lady was proud of her own resilience.
"I see, it suits you, it's always nice to have a marking that you did not recieve at birth, I like them, it shows that you have your own individual personality I always think. And the story behind it is a good one. The fae smiled again at the male, her mind flashing momentarily to Lucifer, she had never been particuarly keen on the ebony male herself, even though he had been her first love's son, she had always found him tempestous and difficult to cope with, he had once even tried to stab her. She decided not to say anymore on the subject of Jazper's father, it seemed that he must have had a nicer, softer side in order to pass on marvellous stories to his children, but she was still distrustful of him and thought it better that she did not speak to much on the topic of him.

Jazper sat and Soran took the offer to sit beside him happily, stretching her long legs out before herself again, crossing them at her ankles, placing her arms behind her and resting her weight on the palms of her hands, she looked up to the sky for a moment, smiling at the darkness beginning to coat it, looking at the little pinpricks of light that glittered in the velvet canvass that they had been placed upon. She turned to look back at the male as he spoke again, she knew that tonnes had happened, but it seemed that there would be more for this male than most. He opened his shirt to reveal a scarred chest and the ebony fae gasped, they certainly put her own small scars into perspective, she had recieved nothing like that herself, being lucky enough to have avoided any attacks like that.
"My goodness! It looks as if the wounds were quite severe, are you alright now? They don't cause you any pain?" The female asked, her voice tinted with concern for the young male, she did not like the idea of anyone she considered kin being injured like that, especially someone that was related to Deuce, her former mate was still an idol in her own mind, she could not bear the idea of anyone who had had her affections lavished upon them being hurt in such a way, she could not bear the idea that it might hurt her pale lady.

Soon the topic changed to happier subjects though, it seemed as if the Marino clan was indeed here to stay, this made Soran smile, she was glad that Savina had found family and brought them here to help populate the lands, and two litters of pups? That in itself was shocking, but also delightful, so much had happened since the lady had left.
"My, my, everyone does seem to have been busy whilst I have been away, I keep meeting pups that are related to wolves I once knew well, it's funny how quickly time passes is it not?" She asked, although she already knew that for most parents it did feel like that, one moment you were holding a tiny bundle of puppy shaped fluff and looking away for just a moment you found yourself presented with a long limbed teenager. It was so startling how quickly time seemed to pass with children, it seemed only moments ago that Soran was walking around the Syemv house with Conri at her heels, listening to him yip happily and question everything and everyone they came across and now he was a grandfather, although she was certain he did not know it, his actions had driven him from the lands and now he had missed out on so much, like his dark mother. she listened again to the male as he spoke of the troubles that had faced the pack, her ears drooped, it was a shame that the old barn had gone, she had liked it there, she would miss it should she chose to come back here.

Then came the question that she had been expecting, why was she back here, the answer was simple, well there were two answers, she was back in the lands to seek out family and because the pull of her old life had been too much to bear; and she was here tonight because she wanted to see Mati again, to once again try to patch up their broken relationship.
"I came home because much has changed for me as well, I have had another litter of pups, they're living in a pack to the North of here, not within our lands though, they made me realise that I missed the other's in my family and my friends, my entire life here, this was my home for so long I cannot stay away from it it seems. So I came here seeking to regain some of my old life, and hopefully to find some family, I have already seen Haven and Mati, but I have yet to see Khaden or Dhalia, I do not suppose that either of them have been through here have they?" The lady first explained and then asked, she was careful not to mention Conri's name, there was too much bad blood between him and this pack to bring up her red boy, she did not want to make Jazper feel uncomfortable. In response to the male's other question she nodded, smiling at him slightly.
"I was thinking of coming back here eventually yes, but I have other things to do first, there are a few I must seek out before I choose a place to settle. Tell me, who is still here? Have the packmates changed must since I was last here?" She asked, smiling at the male, she could not help but be glad to see him again, it was nice to know he was still here and apparently doing very well for himself.

<style type="text/css"> .sa2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#a9b1bd; letter-spacing:1px; } .sa2 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color: #5c697b;} .sa2 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;} .sa2 {margin:0px auto; width:455px; background-color:#324357; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... soran2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 375px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread