Nobody Said That It's Over
[html]

The mountain dog nodded slowly as the boy in front of him introduced himself as Saul, Saul Stormbringer. A powerful name, Ansui thought - he believed that names, rather than defining who people were, were defined by the person that held them. Saul Stormbringer, whatever sort of person he was, shaped that name to make it what it was - it held respect, but a sort of sadness too that Ansui sensed within him. He did not bring this up.

Dark eyes met brilliant green as Saul voiced his question of where Ansui had come from. Pondering the question, but not taking quite as long as he had before, his deep baritone voice rumbled, "From the east I come, with my sire and dam. They stayed behind in the south, while I wandered north, seeking inner peace." He paused then, taking his time to find the proper words to speak, and then spoke yet again. "I then found a pack, large and strong - they were attacked, and here I came, to the mountains gray and valley green," he said. "I have lived there, but found that company was what I needed... I come here, seeking refuge," he finished.

His folded ears perked slightly at the mention of any crimes - thinking long and hard back at the battle which he had been forced to partake in, he remembered very little of the wolves and dogs that had participated, but did remember that he had attempted not to fight back - his moves had been defensive. Looking the Saul boy in the eye once more, he said, "Battle I have seen, though through no fault of my own. I caused no injury to them, for I did not wish to. No crimes have been committed by me." Nor would they ever, he thought silently - Ansui was a peaceful creature, despite his large size and mean stature. He was a child of the earth, and he sought to pay it back; not killing unless absolutely necessary, nor causing harm, and respecting all that lived and would live.

<style type="text/css">
.ansui02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#BFD2E1;}
.ansui02 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.ansui02 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#7999B2; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Y25fg.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #C5D3E2; padding: 57px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4B607C; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
.ansui02-border1 {width:502px; border:1px solid #000; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
300+
[/html]

Messages In This Thread