Nobody Said That It's Over
Character Name: Ansui Gautama
Character Age: 4
Character Gender: Male
Preferred Specialized Rank: 1. Reiseki, 2. Shonu
OOC Name: Sunny
Other Characters Played: Skye Collins and Element
OOC Second Form of Contact: AIM (Sunny Bunny 7698)
[html]
yay! Big Grin

The large mountain dog lumbered towards the border in an Optime form that was only adorned by thick, plush fur and a large cloak, that of which's hood covered the large dog's flopped ears. The cloak was made of deerskin; Ansui strove never to waste parts of an animal, and whenever he had stopped to hunt a deer, he took the skin and had fashioned himself a cloak. It had taken two to fashion the cloak that drooped to his ankles and stopped there, revealing black, white, and orange-red toes. His face was uncovered by the large hood, which covered his ears.

He stopped at the border, taking in the scent - the area around here was rich in plants and animals and life. He could feel it, feel the energy around him in every blade of grass, every stick and stone that littered the floor. He took a deep breath - the crisp air flowed through his nose and through his body, giving him energy and life. This was a good place.

Ansui dropped the hood so that it hung behind him, no longer on his head, and so that his ears were now visible. Stopping at the borders, he opened his maw and let out a low, keening sound - the mountain dog couldn't howl, but the deep sound that came from his throat was as good as, and would attract the same attention. He let out the sound long and clear and then stood, waiting, amid the life that flowed in this place.

<style type="text/css">
.freebjuly16 b {font-weight:bold; color:#C5D3E2; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000; }
.freebjuly16 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freebjuly16 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#2D3949; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/zxjX2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #C5D3E2; padding: 155px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#A1AAB6; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
.freebjuly16-border1 {width:502px; border:1px solid #000; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
000+
[/html]
[[so mine! table may come along later, if it decides to make an appearance]]

The young male had been troubled for days, the weight of his current situation hanging heavily on his shoulders. It seemed the male was forever destined to have these down moments- on the whole he was a happy and well rounded individual with a love for life. It just so happened that every now and then, he would fall into a half-depression where his mind overtook. It was times like these when he felt the need to bathe more, to run harder and further. It wasnt his fault, and most of the time he was happy. He felt as though Siku was slipping away from him, Gideon and Nayru were so happy together. Wretch had been attacked and he felt as though he were the only one doing anything on the apartments that was of use. Dark thoughts swirled around his mind, something to which the agouti male was not accustomed to. He didnt like it, and he didnt want it to continue. He had thrown himself instead into training with Hermes, patrolling the border occasionally with the dark horse. They were becoming more intune with one another and Saul relished the bond that had been created.

Cinnamon backed ears folded back as a strange noise filled his ears. It was no wolf howl, but the deep and keening noise was something akin to a howl. He paused from his wanderings, stretching his body out and taking off towards the borders. He enjoyed greeting newcomers, it was a great experiance to give them a new shot at life. However, as he made his way over to the borders, confusion marred his expression. He had never met a pure dog before, though he'd met a few wolfdogs and coydogs not long ago. It was clear there was no trace of wolf in the optime male that stood in front of him, although his coloration looked very familiar. Saul came to an easy stop, green eyes fixed on the tall stranger. "Greetings sir, you are on the borders of Ichika no Ho-en. How may I help?" He asked, a dancing light twinkling in his eyes. He could see the dog was older than him by far, and perhaps older than a lot of the wolves in Ichika. But if there was peace in his heart, he would fit in well amoung their people.
[html]
thanks! Big Grin

The male waited patiently until a younger wolf came along - he was of the normal coloring of a timber wolf, with piercing green eyes, eyes of the likes that Ansui had never seen before. His own eyes were a dark brown, and they looked into the younger's green ones. The wolf said that he was on the borders of Ichika no Ho-en - that must be what the pack was called - and asked if he could help him.

Ansui didn't answer for a moment or two, taking his time to sort out his thoughts and what he would say. This was his way - he tried to never say anything rashly or ahead of time, anything that he may regret later. It wasn't his wish to offend or hurt, only to help and meet new people and find the peace that he knew was inside of him. It wasn't his thought that he was wasting time, for Ansui thought time to never be wasted; everything that he did, everything that anyone did, had a purpose and a meaning. No time was wasted time.

Eventually, he opened his mouth and said, "Greetings. I am Ansui Gautama, and I wish to join this pack." With those words said in a slow, deep voice, the dog bowed slightly to the wolf that stood before him, indicating his respect for him, his beliefs, and the pack that he stood next to.

<style type="text/css">
.ansui01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#C5D3E2; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000; }
.ansui01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.ansui01 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#2D3949; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/zxjX2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #C5D3E2; padding: 155px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#A1AAB6; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
.ansui01-border1 {width:502px; border:1px solid #000; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
000+
[/html]
Sauls words rang clear in the air, although it appeared the male in front of him wanted to take his time. Saul waited patiently as the silence stretched before them, green eyes watching brown as they darted back and forward, a telltale sign that the dog was thinking. That was just fine with the wolf, who had spent a lot of his own time recently thinking. A passtime that he was certainly not used to and he was also one to waste his time in such a manner. Saul was a wolf who did things, he was an active and kinaesthetic person. It was just how he was. Cinnamon backed ears perked as the rich and deep timbre of the dog's voice came through. Ansui was an interesting name and Saul smiled softly. "My name is Saul Stormbringer" He offered in return, knowing it was far too rude to leave himself unnamed in the strangers eyes. Saul nodded softly at the end of the males words- it was a good possibility that he was here to join.

"Where have you come from Ansui? What of a family, a home?"

He asked, a common question to those seeking acceptance. There was usually a curiosity about why this lone animal was not part of a pack, why it was seeking refuge amoung their own numbers. Of course, Ichika would never turn away one with peace in his heart, and it seemed the slow moving Ansui was a peaceful and thoughtful dog. Green eyes hardened by just a fraction, although never enough to cause offense the the dog. "I must ask you, are you convicted of any crimes?" He added, tail swishing back and forth. In his heart, and his gut, instinct told him that the dog was a peaceful animal and was less likely to have commited a crime than Saul himself was. But he knew he had to ask it- for the day he didnt ask, a murderer would walk amoung them. For now, he was content to wait for the dogs answer, leaning down subtly to grasp a blade of grass between his fingers, bringing it back to twirl softly between thumb and forefinger.
[html]

The mountain dog nodded slowly as the boy in front of him introduced himself as Saul, Saul Stormbringer. A powerful name, Ansui thought - he believed that names, rather than defining who people were, were defined by the person that held them. Saul Stormbringer, whatever sort of person he was, shaped that name to make it what it was - it held respect, but a sort of sadness too that Ansui sensed within him. He did not bring this up.

Dark eyes met brilliant green as Saul voiced his question of where Ansui had come from. Pondering the question, but not taking quite as long as he had before, his deep baritone voice rumbled, "From the east I come, with my sire and dam. They stayed behind in the south, while I wandered north, seeking inner peace." He paused then, taking his time to find the proper words to speak, and then spoke yet again. "I then found a pack, large and strong - they were attacked, and here I came, to the mountains gray and valley green," he said. "I have lived there, but found that company was what I needed... I come here, seeking refuge," he finished.

His folded ears perked slightly at the mention of any crimes - thinking long and hard back at the battle which he had been forced to partake in, he remembered very little of the wolves and dogs that had participated, but did remember that he had attempted not to fight back - his moves had been defensive. Looking the Saul boy in the eye once more, he said, "Battle I have seen, though through no fault of my own. I caused no injury to them, for I did not wish to. No crimes have been committed by me." Nor would they ever, he thought silently - Ansui was a peaceful creature, despite his large size and mean stature. He was a child of the earth, and he sought to pay it back; not killing unless absolutely necessary, nor causing harm, and respecting all that lived and would live.

<style type="text/css">
.ansui02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#BFD2E1;}
.ansui02 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.ansui02 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#7999B2; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Y25fg.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #C5D3E2; padding: 57px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4B607C; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
.ansui02-border1 {width:502px; border:1px solid #000; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
300+
[/html]
The two calm males faced each other, for all the world like two large mountains, side by side for eternity. There was a kindred spirit facing him, a dog that would fit so seamlessly into Ichika that there was really no need for Saul to continue the questions. It was only curiosity for the males story that held him in his place. There was a quality to the male that Saul knew was similar to that of Razekiel, although the red faced leader expressed his love of the earth in an entirely different way. He could sense something similar to what Alae represented in the males mind, connected to the dark male in front of him. He and Alae were both made of the same spirit and Saul reasoned that the two would get on well, if Ansui ever made his way out to the Gampo Abbey. Cinnamon backed ears perked forward as he recounted his story, a relatively calm one at the beginning. Born to parents who were settled in the south, while the wandering spirit within Ansui sought something more from the world, and from himself.

Of course, Saul was not surprised that there was some bloodshed in the males story. None was spilled by him and the male refuted the question of crimes. Saul was satisfied that he had been right about the male, he had trusted his instincts and he had been right. Still, he knew that he had to ask these questions it was protocol and tradition to made sure that whomever came seeking shelter at their borders was suited for their lifestyle. Saluce hadnt suited it, and he was gone. There had been too much warrior in him for the grey male to see beyound what he first thought- a hippie pack. He couldnt see that they were more than this. Saul dipped his head respectfully towards the male. "It takes great strength to be struck and remain peaceful. I think you will fit in well within Ichika." Saul praised, although he was aware of his youth and the males apparently seniority.

"What can you offer Ichika? What skills do you possess that will aide us? What job would you see yourself performing in Ichika?"

He asked, curiosity lighting his eyes up. The dark stranger seemed to have fascinated the Ichikan and he wanted to know more about him. He seemed so suited to their life that Saul wondered if Razekiel and Nayru had met him on their travels and had decided to sculpt their pack around him. Tail swinging back and forth behind him, he waited for the males answer, the grass blade still twirled between his fingers.
[html]
your ooc jabber will go here

The great dog dipped his head in thanks as Saul praised him, telling him that he would fit into the pack easily. The sense of life and energy around the place, as Ansui had first detected, seemed peaceful and calm, as did this wolf before him - it seemed that he had, by pure chance, stumbled upon the same sorts of people that he had been looking for all his life.

The man stood thoughtfully for several moments as he heard Saul's question of what he could offer this pack. He could offer many things, he thought, although fighting and perhaps even hunting weren't among them. "I am learned in the art of seeking inner peace," he said, "and meditation, and learning peace of the mind and the soul, taming one's emotions." Although the mountain dog had not quite yet achieved complete inner peace and enlightenment, he had come a long way from the young pup he had once been - he could banish anger from his soul, keep it from tainting him, which was a useful skill indeed.

"I can teach others to do the same - seek strength they possess, not with their body, but with their mind and soul," he rumbled. He did not know if this was a great skill in Saul's eyes, but Ansui thought it great - his parents had taught him this knowledge, and he held it with respect and awe. He would be more than happy to pass on his learnings to others of Ichika no Ho-en, those who needed peace in their lives, rather than turmoil and fear.

<style type="text/css">
.ansui02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#BFD2E1;}
.ansui02 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.ansui02 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#7999B2; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Y25fg.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #C5D3E2; padding: 57px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4B607C; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
.ansui02-border1 {width:502px; border:1px solid #000; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
000+
[/html]
[[dont forget to PM your member information to the InH account, so we know where Ansui lives and shizz!]]

The mountain dog spoke and Saul allowed the males deep timbre to wash over him. A priest would have been the best way to describe the male in front of him. He was very similar to Alae, now that he had begun speaking Saul could pick out these similarites much better. While it appeared he had very little practical skills, he had a good few emotional skills that would certainly benefit the pack. It would be this males job to bless all pups born in Ichika and the like. Though Saul was unsure if there were any pregnant females in the pack, which he should really know about, he was sure that soon enough, his services would be needed. The young male inclined his head softly, acknowledging the fact that the male was a teacher. Perhaps he could speak to Range- Saul knew the boy spent a fair amount of time in the Gampo Abbey. "Valuable skills- I am sure a great many of us are no closer to enlightenment than you are." He offered, before ordering his thoughts. Ansui was well suited for Ichika and there was no need to delay any further.

"If you would repeat after me Ansui- I am a Gautama, I am an Ichikan. I seek love in my heart, knowledge in my mind, and wisdom in my spirit. I will love my fellow Ichikans and know them as family to the fullest I can; I will devote myself to my duties and learn from my work and the work of others; I will try my best to embrace all walks of life, faith and love. I understand that if I devote myself to love, knowledge and wisdom I will learn my path to true personal happiness, and find my place in the circle of life."

As the few times before that the male had spoken to Niao-ka Creed, he spoke each sentence clearly and at a moderate pace. Cinnamon ears caught the males words as he repeated the lines back to him, wholeheartedly accepting himself into Ichika. Although all new members started as Dai-in's, Saul had no doubt that the male would soon be on his way to the priest rank. He would be under Saul's command, but he imagined the mountain dog would spend more time with Alae than himself. Green eyes were dancing merrily as he dropped the blade of grass he'd been twirling. "All new members of Ichika are required to complete and initiation task after their acceptance. This task must be completed with a fellow Ichikan, and it must be one of the first things you do within Ichika." He paused, thinking of the Abbey. "Your task is to meditate out on the Serendipity Shores from dawn till dusk- perhaps you could pass on the wisdom to my nephew, I am sure he would be delighted to meet you." He said, thinking of Range. The boy was sure to want to meet the mountain dog.
Welcome to Ichika no Ho-en!

Welcome and congratulations! You are now free to begin posting as a pack member, even if your joiner thread is not yet completed.

Your first task as a member of Ichika no Ho-en is to create a thread within the InH subforum performing the Initiation Task as directed by the Ichikan who accepted your character. This thread must be within the Ichika no Ho-en subforum and must have at least one other InH member within it. Feel free to create an all-welcome thread, and refer to the link given above or to the leaders in PM if you have any questions! Smile

Of course, there's plenty more to do, too!:

• Look through the Ichika territories for interesting environments and scenarios to create threads in.
  • Your character has been titled as a Dai-In, but if your activity is consistently good, they can be promoted up into the Specialized tier of ranks, where your character will have a job that is theirs and theirs alone for the entire pack. Take some time and look through the Specialized rank listings and get a feel for where your character might fit for when that time comes!
  • Glance through the pack game and get a feel for what you can post about that will earn your points towards things like icons, titles, player-drawn art and more!
  • If you haven't yet, take some time to thoroughly read through Ichika no Ho-en's culture and policies pages so you may get a better feel of how the pack works and what you may or may not want to aim for with your character.

Please don't hesitate to PM the the Ichika no Ho-en pack account with any questions or concerns you have at any time! If you would like to request posting tables, avatars or signatures made for you, you can politely do so in the Talents subforum. If you're feeling lost or confused about the game, don't hesitate to post a question in Roleplay Aides, or to seek out a Mentor! We're really happy to have you with us, and hope you'll enjoy Ichika no Ho-en!