Spre[a]d your [w]ings and prepare to fly
[html]

OOC: No worries! I'm sure I'm making you wait much longer than you are me x) And your posts are about ten times as big too! :O I think this thread seems to be drawing to a close? Smile 300+

IC
The torrent of questions showed no sign of slowing. In fact it gathered pace as the question of eggs was raised - something Caspa had never given so much thought before in her life. This girl had such a thirst for learning - a tendency that would have been pleasing to Caspa's teachers, if Robin had also learned to keep silent when required. No such thing was required now, but some of these questions were verging on overkill - how to eat an egg? Caspa did not have quite enough patience to go on answering as straight-forwardly as she had been, though she was by no means annoyed. "Nutritious means good for you, and I would suggest we should treat eating it like taking medicine that tastes bad - quickly. I suppose you could eat them however you pleased. I am planning to try swallowing them," she said with a deliberately foolish smile. Ask a silly question...!

Was it hard to learn to look after the birds? "Not really. With some common sense, its possible to work these things out for yourself. You can look at what other adult birds like them eat, and think about what all animals needs are, and put two and two together. I'll explain it to you this time, though, to get you started!" she added quickly, "and some animals may be more complicated than others - big ones like horses, for example." Caspa really didn't understand horses. In fact, she avoided them whenever possible. She put the chick down on the ground, knowing that she could outrun it if it decided to escape, but the luperci-reared little bird ran straight at Robin, for one reason or another. "She already knows she's coming back with you!" Caspa noted in good humour. "Welcome to the world of chicken mothering." She wouldn't exactly call it a skill - but it did have its rewards. "You will need to give her a name - your sister might want to help too? We could take her back now, and I will give you her care instructions on the way." The day was drawing on, and the butterfly hunter had found a different kind of prize.

<style>
.fred-caspa { font-family:verdana, geneva, sans-serif; font-size:10px; line-height:15px; padding-bottom:23px; text-align:justify; width: 380px; margin:0px auto;}
.fred-caspa p {text-indent:15px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread