No, I ain't gonna comb my hair
He knew how to shift, yes, but today he chose not to. He paced the streets on four paws, the butterflies depressingly silent. He enjoyed listening to their dry rustling. To have it absent was disheartening. Golden eyes drifted listlessly, watching everything and nothing. The heat was tiring today. He yawned, his eyes catching movement out by the barn. He padded over there, hoping in a way it was something that would liven the day. In the garden, he almost stumbled over a puppy.

Golden eyes narrowed. "What are you doing laying here, kid? I could have gotten hurt stumbling over you." His listless attitude had turned confrontational. It was fairly often the boy's mood changed rapidly like that. He glared down at the pup, his ears back with aggression, but not much in the mood to actually hurt the stupid whelp. Without the butterflies whispering to him, he was really all bark and no bite.

Overhead the sun pushed down on him, making him feel as if he were roasting. He hated the sun. He wished he'd have stayed inside, to avoid the hateful heat of the day. At night the butterflies were louder, anyways.

Messages In This Thread