the wind at my heels
[html]

Word Count :: 273 :: For Edward Yvon with Shadow. I'll be using this character for this thread. Set in the early afternoon. Smile

They crawled across the open countryside at a slow, easy pace. Sage was in no hurry, and Lennon had picked up on it, the stallion's large feet shuffling heavily through the thick grass. Her horse was large, and carried her small frame with ease. Alert golden eyes followed the skyline, though she sought nothing in particular; a beautiful day was ahead of her, and she longed for nothing but to bask in it.

Lately her days of taking in the Earth Mother's great creations had grown fewer, and she craved the wind in her hair and the smell of dirt and growth around her. A slow, quiet breeze crept across the oddly silhouetted pair, and suddenly Sage wanted more. Lithe calf muscles squeezed Lennon's bare sides gently, and he sprung into a steady trot easily. Leaning forward, the girl settled into his movements and urged him on across the open plane. Whatever there was to see out here, she wanted to see it all.

Small hills rose and fell with Lennon's heavy, yet graceful steps, and Sage's red-striped nose turned into the wind, taking in all of it's scent, greedy for the smell. In her state of euphoria, Sage hardly noticed as they approached a small pond, settled by a fair clump of thick bushes gathered amidst the otherwise lonely plane. She'd nearly passed the pool of water when Lennon whinnied in frustration. Shaking her head, she turned and, noticing it now, happily steered him towards it. If her friend wanted water, he would have it.

Stopping beside the still pond, she stretched her limbs slowly as her companion drank his fill.

<style>
.freebietable-a05 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Q2c4x.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 0px 0px 105px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:14px; text-align:justify;}
.freebietable-a05 p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.freebietable-a05 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.freebietable-a05 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 5px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread