remind me
[html]
do you remember how it used to be?

He had been an idiot. That was the only way he could think of to describe himself. A lot had happened in his life as of late, but it was no excuse for distancing himself from his mate and for being less than thrilled about the puppies she carried. What was done was done, and now he had the future to look forward to. The kingdom needed to recover, and he needed to focus on his family. She was due in a few weeks, but not more than a month, and he did not want them to be distant when the puppies arrived, for he feared it would never repair after.

It was time to fix that. His day was spent in the field located in the woods, the Fairy Lights. The flowers were in full bloom and the field was full of color, and he knew that when darkness fell, the place would be lit up beautifully. He had gone to Lunenburg and scoured the houses until he found a table and chairs set in good condition and, piece by piece, he brought the set and some dishes to the field and set them up off to the side, a worn white tablecloth spread out beneath the dishes. He had hunted two fine rabbits and had cooked them and brought them to the field, as well. Once everything was perfect and ready, he smiled.

As evening began to fall, he opened the door to their house, moving quickly to the bedroom where his mate was taking a nap. "Ayita, love, I have something to show you. Come with me," he said as he roused her from sleep, a smile still on his dark muzzle.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread