remind me
[html]
do you remember how it used to be?

He had been an idiot. That was the only way he could think of to describe himself. A lot had happened in his life as of late, but it was no excuse for distancing himself from his mate and for being less than thrilled about the puppies she carried. What was done was done, and now he had the future to look forward to. The kingdom needed to recover, and he needed to focus on his family. She was due in a few weeks, but not more than a month, and he did not want them to be distant when the puppies arrived, for he feared it would never repair after.

It was time to fix that. His day was spent in the field located in the woods, the Fairy Lights. The flowers were in full bloom and the field was full of color, and he knew that when darkness fell, the place would be lit up beautifully. He had gone to Lunenburg and scoured the houses until he found a table and chairs set in good condition and, piece by piece, he brought the set and some dishes to the field and set them up off to the side, a worn white tablecloth spread out beneath the dishes. He had hunted two fine rabbits and had cooked them and brought them to the field, as well. Once everything was perfect and ready, he smiled.

As evening began to fall, he opened the door to their house, moving quickly to the bedroom where his mate was taking a nap. "Ayita, love, I have something to show you. Come with me," he said as he roused her from sleep, a smile still on his dark muzzle.

[/html]
[html]
I had almost forgotten the way it felt
When he held out his hand for mine

ayita was curled up into bed her mind was on the growing life in her. She wasn't feeling wonderful about anything. She knew a lot had happened and Vigilante had never put her out. She just felt like she could have stopped this. But what was done was done and she had a cross to bare.

She she laid there her mind had drifted off and she was asleep in no time. There was just so much she had wanted to do. So much she wanted to talk to Zafier and amaranth about. She just couldn't help it. she was going to be a mother again. Laying in the bed the scent of him comforted her, everything about him made her safe. She smiled in her sleep as she dreamed of the days when they just talked. The days when nothing mattered but the two of them.

She had not even noticed him enter when his voice woke her. The voice that she had heard so many times. not the gruff unforgiving voice he had lately. She smiled groggy to see the mutt king in all his glory standing before her. Almost forgetting who she was for a moment. "i'm coming." She said standing up. Getting her balance the elegant woman grabbed a dress. She pulled it over her head as she followed him.

I hadn't seen you all day been busy?" she asked blue eyes cast on him.

The first time we kissed, I can't forget about his touch
[/html]
[html]
we turned out the lights and we didn't just sleep

The dog mutt held out his hand for her to steady herself on when she rose from the bed, quickly sweeping her in a hug and kissing her forehead before she was able to put on her dress. He was happy about what was going to happen; he hoped she would love it and forgive him for being so distant from her as of late. While she dressed, he waited as patiently as he could, but he felt a nervous giddiness he had not felt in such a long time.

"Just come with me," he said again, taking her hand and leading her down the hall and out the front door. The journey was not a long one, but it felt like an eternity to him. He hoped she liked everything he had done to set up the field. As they drew nearer through the trees and he could see the clearing through the tall trunks, he smiled at her timidly. He could see the fireflies dancing over the flowers. "Right through the trees, after you, my lady," he said with a small bow.

[/html]
[html]

Ayita had been swiped off her feet. she didn't know what caused him to be like this. She smiled as she dutifully followed hand in hand with her king. She had always been a princess and her parents were bent on her being a queen. And now here she was, there was no title to say it but she hadn't needed the title. Her mate was King and she had no power but the aging women craved not the power but the love of her king.

He had always been polite and he had always treated her well and even with the distance she didn't feel that bad about what she had. She knew stress was hard on him and all she could think about was the lives that were growing in her and the parents they would have. "thank you" she said giving him a slight curtsy she stepped in front of him releasing his hand. What was in front of her amazed her. She couldn't believe just what he had done. She looked back at him. "M..... Vigilante" She said looking at him.

[/html]
[html]
remind me,
oh baby, remind me

It should not have been so nerve-wracking, standing there and waiting for her response to the scene he had set for them. He did not expect much, for it should not require gratitude to be romantic in the first place, but he wanted so much to make her happy. Vigilante's tail wagged gently behind him, an anxious motion resulting from the seemingly prolonged period of time it was taking for her to see, to say something. In reality, not much time had passed at all since he had told her to look through the trees.

All she said was his name; was that good, or bad? The look in her eyes was not one that seemed upset, and he exhaled, though he hadn't realized he'd been holding his breath at all. He reached out for her hand, stepping forward through the trees with her and leading her to the table set up off to the side. "Will you dine with me, my darling?" he asked, pulling out a chair for her.

[/html]
[html]

Ayita was in awe and shock and she just couldn't believe that he went through this for her. She wanted to just tell him she loved it but she felt he would feel unloved. She nodded with a smiled. "With you darling I would go anywhere with you. she said giving him a kiss on the cheek. The night air so calm and out here was amazing.

"Mon amour, why? Why do all this?" She asked as she looked at him. Clasping her hands together the elegant woman smiled. She looked at him through crystal blue eyes watching his movements. Ayita purred a little but as she looked at him. I love you She said as she gave a side ways smile. She was beginning to realize one thing about herself, she had such a princess complex. She had always had a taste for power and the finer things in life. Maybe it was her up bringing in her kingdom. Maybe it was the fact that she had mated the king for this kingdom. What ever it was that kept her mentally like royalty. In her mind he was the king and she was the queen. The only thing was she had no power.

[/html]
[html]
oh, so on fire, so in love

The ruler of the Kingdom Miracles sat across from her at the table he had set for them, though he waited to begin eating until she did. It was only polite to do so. Vigilante watched her carefully as she took in everything around them and then questioned the reasoning behind it, though truth be told it saddened him to think that there needed to be a reason. He had never been the romantic, had always been more gruff and aloof than anything, but he should never need a reason to do something like this for her.

Reaching across the table to take one of her hands in both of his own, Vigilante lowered his muzzle to kiss the top of it. "Because I love you and because I wanted to apologize for everything in a special way," he answered in his deep tones. "And from the looks of it, we don't have much time left before we'll have no time for ourselves," he said with a grin, indicating the growing of her belly with a small gesture of his hand. There seemed to be less than a month left now until they had puppies on their hands.

[/html]
[html]

Crystal eyes cast on her mate as she pondered about why she had even bothered to ask why he did this. Ayita was happy just to have time with him and her. She smiled as he kissed her hand and spoke to her. "We may not have much alone time but at least we will have a whole family again”

Ayita smiled grabbing a piece of food as she stopped for a moment and sighed. ”I’m ok with not having much time to myself after all raising a family is what I do best” she said as she placed the food in her mouth chewing with a grin on her face.

Looking out she sighed placing a hand on her stomach damn it she would make good come out of this. She had to admit that she was not very sure what would happen to her children. She had three here who were growing up and now she had no idea how many they would have this time. She picked up another piece. ”My love we will have a happy family and Kable is home safe and can help of course Mara and I are speaking again so she’ll help. But I count nothing on that stubborn brother of mine.” she said as she laughted a little.

[/html]
[html]
way back when we couldn't get enough

There had always been some obvious differences between the pair that it made him wonder in the early stages of their relationship if they were even going to work. Before coming here, he had never wanted a mate and children, and though he came here searching for that specifically, he had questioned whether or not it was a good idea when he had realized how family-driven Ayita was herself. He had not let that worry stop him, though, and now he knew he could never be happier. Where he lacked the family-nature, Ayita had more than enough for them both.

No matter how worried he was about their soon-to-be children, Vigilante could not find himself stressing and worrying in the presence of his mate. The dog King snorted at the offhand comment she ended with. Zafier still hated him, of course, and probably never would stop. Vigilante knew that many leaders would have kicked out a member who was so disrespectful of the leader, but the dog mutt knew that he could never do such a thing to his mate's brother. "Your brother will never like me," he said with a small scoff, the shine of laughter in his eyes.

[/html]