No playing around - AW
[html]
wc: 676, and let me know when you want to start wrapping this up.

He laughed at her first response. Of course she should be, but obviously she wasn't. He was happy that she wasn't, whatever the reason was, at least he wouldn't lose her as a friend out of fear, yet. "Yes you should be, but I guess in some ways it isn't a bad thing you aren't." He laughed at her honesty, smiling back at her when she looked at him. "Maybe you should. Would make life easier for both of us. Mine would be over, and yours wouldn't be in as much danger." He said it like a joke, but he wasn't entirely sure that is how he meant it. He was glad she hadn't gutted him though, that could wait for a time when she really needed too.

Itzal was more than capable of killing. It wasn't even something that gave him problems, it was second nature to him. That is what came from only knowing a life of death and killing. First his parents and siblings were killed by his own uncle, then he was beat and abused. And then his life revolved around killing. He killed, and killed, and killed. Until it seemed like the only taste he had ever known was the taste of a hunter's blood and flesh. The taste of a predator. It was addictive to him. He loved that taste, and even know, when he had been without it for so long, he could still remember how it felt to devour his kills. It gave him shivers.

He shrugged. Maybe Eztli wouldn't kill her. At least not right away. Eventually though, all that he meets die. Itzal honestly couldn't say if the interest Eztli had for her would be enough to keep her alive. It wasn't a chance he wanted to take. "Maybe it would be enough. I don't know, but Eztli isn't one to let those he meets survive. He wondered if Axelle understood just how dangerous Eztli was. He was nothing like Itzal. He didn't feel, he didn't care. He just wanted to satisfy his own hunger, no matter what it was for. And you are different? You and me are the same. Only looking after ourselves and our wants. Don't deny the hunger we share. Itzal ignored the cold message that ran through his head. It didn't matter what Eztli said, Itzal wouldn't let himself fall prey to his games.

His ears fell to be pinned against his head at her next words. He had figured something like that, but it was still hard to hear. He held back a vicious growl, and shook his head instead, at a lost for words. He thought about it and sighed "I guess I should thank the sick bastard. You survived and that made you stronger, maybe that is the reason you didn't run from me. And the reason you didn't gut me." He looked at her with sad eyes "Sorry I asked. Though you could have told me. I know what it is like to be beat. Even though I can't relate to the rape part. I know a lot about being beat within an inch of your life and not breaking." Even more of his history she probably didn't care about. But he didn't want her to feel alone. He looked over her body again, the array of scars finally making since. He looked at the bad one on her chest and closed his eyes. It looked painful.

He looked back up at her face and saw that she wasn't looking at him, and she seemed to be using a lot of her power to keep her attention away from her. His ears stayed back as he frowned again. He wasn't use to frowning that much. "You okay Axelle? I promise I won't hurt you. I've got control, you're safe." He figured she thought Eztli was still close the the surface and about to boil over, but he wasn't, Itzal was in full control now. The only problem was a pounding head ache and his mouth felt dry.

<style type="text/css">
.itziziti b {font-weight:bold; color:#c5807c; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000; }
.itziziti p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.itziziti {margin:0 auto; width:420px; background-color:#3c0003; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/f1gps7.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 272px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#995753; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.itziziti p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.itziziti p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread