Dis[A]ppointed [W]ith Oblivion
((WC:3+))
Tal wanted to go visit Soran, to tell her he'd taken a mate. She was the closest thing he had to a mother. (As far as he knew, that was.) His tail wagged as he approached the border. Standing on the border, he let a soft howl ring out, asking politely for Soran to come greet him. He placed his hands in the pockets of his jeans, smiling blissfully. He had plans for his mate, his wonderful Sky. He wanted to introduce her to Soran, his own mothers great love. But first he wanted to talk to the obsidian lady, to ask advice about minor things.

His eyes turned to the slightly cloudy sky, smiling gently. he'd wondered for a while if he would end up losing her to Shaw. And yet, he hadn't. In fact, the hybrid woman had willingly chosen him over Shaw, had told him herself that she no longer loved the former leader. It had made his day. He closed his eyes, waiting for Soran's approach, humming a soft Irish tune. It was the one he'd first sung for Sky.

"Come over the hills, my bonnie Irish lass. Come over the hills to your darling. You choose the road, love, and I'll make the vow, that I'll be your true love forever..." He laughed to himself, feeling more happy than he had for a very long time. He hadn't been this happy since Willow, his younger sister, had been born. Everything after that had been a nightmare, one that was slowly fading with time.

In fact, if it weren't for his own son, he might think his time in Michigan had been a bad dream. Liam was the only tangible reminder of his time there. Everything else was a nightmare, it seemed. In many ways, it seemed as if he'd never left Souls. He chuckled at himself again. "Too many love stories, my friend. I've read too many love stories."

Messages In This Thread