Dis[A]ppointed [W]ith Oblivion
((wc:3+))
He was grinning at Soran, cocking his head curiously as she said she had a surprise for him. His tail wagged behind him lazily. And then there was a blur of motion, emotions rushing through his as the slender form of his mother embraced him. He hugged her tightly, his throat tight with the joy that was coursing through him. As she studied him, he studied her. He couldn't help but to notice the silver at her temples, the additional scars on her face, the deeper scar on her arm. He hugged his mother again, having a hard time believing the former Shaman was there.

"I came here earlier this year, mom. I didn't know you were back. When did you come back? Did you know Phoenix Valley is gone now? Noah is further up north with Ichika. Liam is back in D'Arte lands." He was grinning, his tail wagging so hard it could have cooled a room full of Luperci. He grinned at Soran, then at his mother. "I came to share good news with Soran, and now I can share it with you, Mom. I took a mate. Her name is Sky Katruk, and she's the main medic for the pack. Ironically, I'm the secondary medic."

His joy was tempered by what he didn't say. They had sworn their mate-ship would be different than his parent's. Neither would cheat, neither would lie. As far as he knew, drugs and alcohol would never be an issue. His eyes clouded over, a dark spot in his joy. Lucifer. He doubted that his mother knew yet. "Lucifer is dead, Mom." Still, in his mind, Lucifer had died in the great fire. He'd never really been a dad to the pale boy after that. And the things he'd done to his sons, abusing Noah, raping Tal. Hell, Lucifer had almost killed Noah the one time.

Messages In This Thread