Dis[A]ppointed [W]ith Oblivion
((WC:3+))

Her heart swelled as her son spoke. She only let go of him as Soran embraced him. When Soran took her hand, she laced her fingers with the dark woman's, squeezing gently. She reached her other hand out, taking Tal's hand happily. Noah was here, further north. She'd have to travel up that way. After this conflict between packs was over, that was. She knew what it was like to need to protect one's pack. The white woman was as protective of her new home as she was her own pack once upon a time. "Tal, I am so proud of you. You have grown up so much..." Her tail continued to wag, right up until he shared his other news with her.

Her face fell into a thoughtful frown as she digested the news about Lucifer. He had caused her and her family so much pain over the years. Everything after the great fire, really. The best thing he'd given her were her boys, and he'd tried to take them from her many times. Once, in the original pack with Conri and Nani, and then again after they were older. She'd intervened herself when she'd been his captive, protecting Noah. She felt sorrow that the male she had once loved was dead, but it was tempered by the joy of knowing her sons would be safe from his evil.

Deuce started as Soran squeezed her hand and spoke. She returned the slight pressure, and lifted her head. "I dislike speaking ill of the dead, but we all know the Lucifer I loved died in the fire. The Lucifer who came to Twilight Vale was a stranger to not just me, but you and Noah as well. I am sorry he passed, but I will not mourn him long." She shrugged, lightly squeezing her son's hand as she met his eyes. She didn't know what evils the fallen male had done to their son Tal, but she could tell he didn't mourn his father either.

She brightened as she returned to more pleasant subjects. "Now, Tal, when do Soran and I get to meet this lovely mate of yours?" She grinned at him, her tail resuming it's wagging.

Messages In This Thread