Dis[A]ppointed [W]ith Oblivion
((WC:343))
He watched his mother and Soran, wondering what -if anything- was going on between them. He didn't fail to note how they both held hands as if they had been doing it their entire lives. He knew Deuce always spoke about Soran wistfully, a note of unfulfilled longing in her voice. Deuce had loved Soran deeply, deeper than Tal had understood. Yet, now that he had his sweet Sky he understood well what it was like to love so deeply. He had fought for Sky and won. He would walk across flames for Sky, he would get her the moon if she asked for it. He was pleased that both his mom and her dark love wanted to meet his sweetheart.

His mom's words about Lucifer stilled him for a moment. Soran knew he needed no comforting. He hadn't told her or anyone else how it had been Lucifer who had raped him and marked him as property. He probably never would. It was a point of very deep shame that he had been violated like that. He gladly followed along as his mom changed the subject. His tail resumed it's lazy sway, a crooked smile emerging.

"You can meet her anytime you want, Mom. I'm hoping to have a small celebration in honor of our official mate-ship soon. She doesn't know it yet," he laughed, "But I have many surprises in store for her." He did, too. She was his now, and he had small gifts he'd been saving. Small trinkets and the like, pretty things he found in his wandering in Halifax. They would have their ups and downs, but he wanted to make her happier than she'd ever been. He knew better than to expect every day to be perfect. They were both stubborn in their own ways, and they both had a temper. His took far more to make him lose it, as Shawchert had discovered, but it did happen. "You are welcome to attend, I doubt our alpha would have a problem with it. Our packs are friends."

Messages In This Thread