Special Delivery!
((WC:4+))

An infectious giggled bubbled up. "Tal didn't know I was back until recently. I've only been back a month or so." Her tail wagged excitedly as she studied the woman that was her daughter in law. She was bright, well spoken, and obviously as smitten with Tal as he was with her. This was her first daughter in law she'd got to meet. She didn't count Jazper's first mate, in her eyes that was still a silly mistake. He'd fallen in love with a full blooded coyote from Inferni. And she had broken his heart soon thereafter. She had yet to meet his current mate, Ghita, but she'd heard good things about her.

"I would love to trade tips with you. Does your pack have willow trees? Its been a while since I've been in that area of the lands, and my memory isn't what it used to be." She gave the woman a teasing wink, laughing again. "As for stories about our Tal, I have millions." Her eyes danced as she grinned at the woman.

"Did he ever tell you about the time he tried to get eaten by a bear? He was such a fearless pup growing up. I tried to instill a healthy dose of fear into him. But no sooner would I remind him of danger, but he would wander off and find trouble. We were practicing hunting, and he smelled a bear cub. I was focused on the rabbit were were stalking. The next thing I know, I hear momma bear roaring, and Tal yelping. I charge in and wave my arms to distract her. She turns on me, and I'm telling you she was huge. I grabbed a fallen tree branch and waved it at her. It took her a bit of time to realize I wasn't hurting her cub, and that she could leave my pup alone. She nearly scalped me for my troubles." Deuce pulled back a chunk of her hair, showing the ragged uneven scar that was hid by her hairline. "I used the leaf of an elephant ear plant to staunch the blood, and some aloe to help the healing. Headwounds always bleed more."

She grinned impishly at her newest daughter. "I hope some of that wanderlust left him. Otherwise he'll drag you everywhere. But it sounds like once he settled there, he stayed put. Does he still love to read?"

Messages In This Thread