Align my heart, my body, my mind
[html]

Mati knew his anger, and felt the same guilt that caused his rage to become a fury of fired emotion. She had not been there either, and she should have. She had not been able to go and retrieve her either. The pack would have been foolish to leave their home undefended while the most able fighters went off to negotiate, and so there was a party left behind. She hated to think of their mother in the grip of another wolf, terrified and thinking she was going to die.

The horse rose to kick above the ground, Haven's yelling words filling and feeding the electric air around them, but Mati stood her ground. She could feel rage as well, and though her understood his feelings she could not help but feel the judgment that he placed on them. They could have all been killed, the alphess that she had been loyal to her entire life as well as those that had dedicated themselves to the Dreamers. She felt a ripple of an awakening growl touch her throat and radiate to quivering lips.

Then you will both die! She yelled back at him. Mati had not seen the fear in her mother eyes, when the AniWayan traitor of their trust and alliance had put the knife to their mothers soft throat. But she could picture it in her mind and it forced tears to her purple orbs. They said they would kill her, when Savina went to get her. He put a knife to her throat. Mati felt the anger turn to grief and her fur lay smooth and her ears fell back against her head, haunches weakened and lowering slightly as her tail did too. To her throat... She repeated. She has never hurt anyone!! Mati now yelled at him, tears in her eyes. And they will kill her... Their garden mother, their story teller, their keeper of secrets and the one that understood their mistakes and forgave them. A simple creature that lived to see the Sun rise and give her thanks for the blossoming of marigolds. For all Mati knew she had been laid in a dark hole to die without the simplest comfort of her gods warmth...

[/html]

Messages In This Thread