Align my heart, my body, my mind
[html]

Mati had been grateful when Oak and Cypress stayed in Crimson Dreams while they matured. She had been the only one of the pups to stay with Anu after Haven left. The others drifted away, and then when Alder left Mati worried that she would be all that Anu had if the others went too. It was not that their mother was in need of constant support, Mati simply wanted her to feel surrounded by her family. And for her to always know their love when others had so easily left her.

Now Anu was the one missing, taken from them. She hated the feeling, and she knew Haven was feeling that same exact pain. She understood his fury, but he needed to understand her fear.

The wolfess stepped closer to the mustang, her brother's words showing that he was beginning to understand. It was a hard truth, one that hit the heart like an arrow. Mati watched as his heart's wound began to weep, his apology assuring her that he would not try this mission. They were all at a loss of ideas and feeling helpless. But they would find a way to save her and the others that Maska's warriors had taken. She felt stronger now, her crying eased slightly. It will take all of us. She repeated. Mati would fight too, though she was no knight like Haven. But she would join him, though only when the time was right.

Please, please talk to your King. She pleaded.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread