[M] Breaking Point
[html]
WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.
[/html]

[html]

Dusk, outside the main entrance.

It had been months since the fight and Gunnar's voice was still croaked and raspy. He didn't like talking much anymore because of it, sometimes the sound alone hurting his throat. Because of this, he spent a lot of time alone, avoiding Esme and missing his days as a pup, wandering alone with his mother, not having to worry about staying too long in one spot, or having the girl next door maul his face off if he took a wrong turn.

Thoughts like this drove him outside. Morning and evening. Twice every day. It was late into the evening and the sun was just finishing it's late glimpse of day, only a sliver on the horizon now. He sat above the entrance to the tunnels, the main one, his legs dangling over the edge and eyes half-lidded as he watched the sun sink lower.

Someday I'll see the land as a rogue again. Mom doesn't want that life but I do. Rules and regulations... He snorted at the idea. How could anyone want to live life under the noses of people like that? If I'm going to be in any pack, there'd better be a damn good reason for it next time.

He voiced his frustration with a growl, though it faded as he focused harder on the glow of sunset once more. I hate to leave her at all, but Mom can't protect me forever. I'm almost two years old now. It's time I stopped putting her in danger all the time.

So close to the decision that had been hanging on his mind all month. He'd been debating on whether or not he wanted to leave yet. Now he was almost sure that he would. He couldn't just up and go, though. He needed a better reason than some princess with her head on too tight.

<style>
.deepest .ooc {font-style:italic;color:#4c510e; }
.deepest p {padding:3px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.deepest b {color:#aa9c24; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.deepest {background-color:#191900; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat;}
.deepest .text {font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#877810; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; margin-top:30px; text-align:justify; padding:-150px 0px 10px 0px; }
.deepest-border {width:500px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread