In the shadow of your heart
[html]

+3.

His words brought laughter, bubbling forth from her pale chest. The male's words were true enough, and yet her cheeks flushed with embarrassment as the truth came to surface. She glanced down at Tux, who remained curled in his bed, and remembered the day she and him discovered the poor baby goat, rescued from a predator and breaking the natural balance of things. But with Cambria's help, through the tears and the pain the creature survived, and had even found a home among the other livestock, in the Dreamers' home. As many tears as Giselle shed for a defenseless animal, she remembered the very fear that took hold of her when the knight had put his own life in danger.

The small hand upon his shoulder slipped, and meandered up to her throat. She was nearly found with tears in her eyes again until he began to speak in broken words. Shimmering eyes tilted up towards him, inquiring, an his question seemed to put her mind and heart at ease once more. Her pensive look brightened, and offered him a warm smile, something she knew best how to do. "I'd love to." Voice was full of hope, mingled with thought from the offer. It would make her feel better to get her mind off of the savages, escape from everything, and she was sure in her heart that he felt the same.

Slowly, her petite form rose from the edge of the bed, hands fiddling with one another. "We could.. cook something," she began, her back facing him. "Or.. go dancing~" The auburn haired female twirled in place as she gave the suggestion, now facing the knight. As the moments passed, her eyes seemed to light up. "Or see Heritage! Oh, I bet he'd love that." She mused, thinking about the young colt. She wondered how the animal was doing, for the last she saw of the creature he was running happily in the open pen with the mottled man. Silence took a hold of the young woman again, and slowly Giselle turned to face her open balcony, looking out as her eyes widened. Slowly her arms came around to hug herself, as if from a sudden chill despite the warm day. Giselle took a step back, and suddenly any idea of being outdoors vanished. "I.. I can't go out there.." The statement was a whisper, hung heavy with sorrow, and as a whisper of wind entered the room and tugged at her fur, she shut her sky blue eyes and turned her head away from the world.

image © alecperkins @ flickr ; table by lin
<style>
.gisspringooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.gisspringcred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:9px;}
.gisspring p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.gisspring b {color:#B7431F; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #FFFFEA; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.gisspring {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#D2896D;letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:425px;}
.gisspringinner{background-color:#FFFFEA; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... lletab.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 190px 0px; border:1px solid #E1A88D; width:425px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread