In the shadow of your heart
[html]
300+

♥     ♥     ♥     ♥     ♥

It had been a scant few days since the raid on their home, and the Sadira found that too many member of his family were taken. Gotham had been the first, caught in the line of duty. Cambria was second, taken in her effort to help the goats, who were also taken. Silvano had not known what to say about those raiders, only that he had done them a blow by killed a man. His teeth were clenched tight as he thought of that man, returned to the borders of the AniWayans with the knife still in his neck. In return, the Sadira took the obsidian ones and hid them in his room until he could learn to use them in tandem. But, oh how he longed to go against them for their crimes against his family. The bandages around his abdomen shot down any argument of that, with him scarcely able to bend at the waist. Plus, no way was Giselle going to let him run out like that.

Grinning, Silvano could barely contain his heartbeat at the thought of the pale woman. There was no way to properly describe their relationship yet, but he was certain that it was just that, a relationship. And she would be the way he would distract himself from his worries over his family members. How was his mother dealing with all of this? Two of her children were in the grasps of the strange new Tribe, but Anu had returned worn but alive. Yes, Silvano definitely needed some distraction from worrying about his beloved older sister, who had on more than one occasion helped him in multiple ways.

Rapping his knuckles on her door, the mottled male waited for the girl to open the door. He wanted to spend time with her, hopefully she did too. "Giselle? You in there?"

<style type="text/css">
.inthedarkness b {font-weight:normal; color:#9e6163 ; letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:16px;text-shadow:#bf3034 0px 0px 3px; }
.inthedarkness .ooc {font-style:italic; padding: 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#5d1b18; text-align:center;}
.inthedarkness p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px 0px 15px; margin:0px;}
.inthedarkness {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#050518; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/lS3VD.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #bf3034; padding: 280px 0px 15px 0px; font-family: Times new Roman, sans-serif; font-size:14px; color:#7a1e22; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

+3. UGH IT'S YOU AGAIN. GO AWAY <3

The news that followed the raid were devastating to the young woman, who found sleep to be but a memory now. Her body was worn, but it was as alive as the rising sun whenever she closed her eyes and saw emerald. Despite it all, it was a happier time in her life, but fear as much as love had kept her lying awake listening to the night choir. Giselle oftentimes thought she could hear whispers from her shadows, or where tree limbs stretched out like bony fingers and played through the window. The pale princess would often cry and keep Tux close, feeling cold without that warm comfort she had sought after since it vanished.

Her form nearly leaped from its place, seated upon her desk and staring into nothing, eyes clouded with thoughts. Though she was happy to hear him, Giselle's ears fell back upon her head, tail wrapped around her leg when she rose to answer the door. She had heard of what the raid had brought, which seemed to bring more sadness to the young woman than the joy of Anu's return. Shakily she opened the door, and without looking up at him with a comforting smile her head found his chest, and the mahogany haired woman stood there. "I'm s-so sorry, I heard the news.." She whispered as she withdrew, fingertips curling as they clutched at her chest. It seemed that the princess did not go a day without finding tears caressing her face.

In a fit she turned, the door swinging open to allow him in if he so desired, wiping the sorrow away with the back of a hand. "I.. what are you doing here? Is your wound alright?" The questions were strange coming from her, but 'Elle had felt jittery since the dreaded, and yet wonderful events not a few days before. Tilting her head upwards, she finally willed herself to look into the man's face, seeing him in a new light nowadays. "You're not.. going to go after them, are you? Oh, please say you won't." Giselle bit her lip anxiously, knowing how much he cared about his family. Her eyes moved towards the bandage at his waist, and was sure he knew better than to do something foolish. Still, she voiced her plea, lacing her fidgeting hands together as they rested in front of her.

image © alecperkins @ flickr ; table by lin
<style>
.gisspringooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.gisspringcred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:9px;}
.gisspring p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.gisspring b {color:#B7431F; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #FFFFEA; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.gisspring {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#D2896D;letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:425px;}
.gisspringinner{background-color:#FFFFEA; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... lletab.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 190px 0px; border:1px solid #E1A88D; width:425px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
300+

Giselle came into his chest, resting against him as she apologized for something she did not do. Silvano took her hands and gently squeezed them, knowing it was not at all her fault that his sister had been taken. "It's alright. Gotham will protect her. He'll be better protection for her than I could be here." His voice was filled with sadness, though he was still worried about her. He would have been too distracted to take care of his sister properly. Oh, but how did Mati feel? Surely she was devastated, knowing that Cambi had been taken captive by the enemy, and such an innocent soul too.

Silvano let her hands slip away as she twirled to open the door further. "I'm alright. Stiff, sore, but I'm walkin' still," answered the tall man, patting his flat stomach. He gladly entered, choosing to stand while he was inside of the room, at least until she invited him to sit. She looked at him with those worried eyes of hers and he could feel his heart melting further. Sighing softly, Silvano put his hands on her shoulders, grinning gently. He rubbed his nose against hers before pulled back, arms still gentle on her shoulders. "Do I look like I can fight? I can barely pick up a book that fell on the ground," he said, laughing. It made his stomach tight against the fresh bandages but that was no point.

Sighing, the Sadira couldn't wait for the woman's permission. Instead, he took her by the hand and pulled her with him to the bed. He sat down on it slowly and tapped the bed beside him. "I talked to Amata this morning, and she took a look at my back. She says you did a good job and should consider being a medic," he said with a crooked grin. Giselle would cry at every patient she ever saw.

<style type="text/css">
.inthedarkness b {font-weight:normal; color:#9e6163 ; letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:16px;text-shadow:#bf3034 0px 0px 3px; }
.inthedarkness .ooc {font-style:italic; padding: 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#5d1b18; text-align:center;}
.inthedarkness {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#050518; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/lS3VD.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #bf3034; padding: 280px 0px 15px 0px; font-family: Times new Roman, sans-serif; font-size:14px; color:#7a1e22; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

+3.

Sadness and sympathy were easy to read on the woman's face when he mentioned his brother. It seemed as if a part of him wanted to awaken the knight within, to race off and save the dark prince and his very kind sister. She smiled very gently when he laughed of his condition, but knew he was taken care of. "Well yes, but shouldnt-" Words were forgotten when the ivory woman felt his touch, and though she flinched in an initial reaction her muscles loosened beneath his hands.

Giselle found herself opening her eyes, not realizing they fluttered closed, allowing the world to disappear just for an instant. The mottled knight began to laugh again, straining his bandages, and as he mentioned a book the snow white female could not help but look down around her feet. "A book? Where? Oh!" In that same moment her eyes were torn away from the floor, being taken by the hand to sit upon the bed, as he so eagerly did.

A giggle pealed from her lips, sitting in a lady-like fashion as she removed her taken hand and placed it with the other on her lap. Glancing up at him, she thought she saw almost a ridiculing smile paint his lips, and the young woman's face took on a look of mocking shock in return. "Don't be silly, I know you made that up!" As she spoke, she lightly punched his arm, but instantly regretted it. Eyes shimmering apologetically, fingers rose and gingerly laid upon his arm where she had made contact. Even though he wasn't visibly injured there, the femme couldn't be too careful. "Oh, I'm so sorry." Naturally-gloved fingers lingered there, tucking hair away as she looked inquiringly up at the man.

"So, why did you come? Surely not to convince me to be a medic?" Giselle smiled sincerely, but a small part of her doubted his silly notion. "Or, a change in bandages.." Though the tone was light, her eyes glistened with disquiet, mixed with exhaustion. The raid, her capture, had shaken her in some way, and now the petite female found herself overly wary, even as she sat there at the edge of her bed. Still, she welcomed the company of her knight, and though the woman had many doubts, she had no trouble believing that he was strong, and would be for his lost family members. Feet dangled below her absentmindedly, the hem of her dress swirling about her ankles in silent swaying motions.

<style>
.gisspringcred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:9px;}
.gisspring b {color:#B7431F; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #FFFFEA; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.gisspring {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#D2896D;letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:425px;}
.gisspringinner{background-color:#FFFFEA; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... lletab.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 190px 0px; border:1px solid #E1A88D; width:425px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
300+

Giselle hit him on the arm, and it was the weakest thing he had ever felt. But he feigned pain, the grin on his face betraying the truth of his misfortune. Silvano laughed at her when she apologized, and he simply patted her lingering hand before letting her take it back to herself. "I'm alright. You'll have to try harder than that to hurt me, Giselle," he said as his grin twitched crooked. She seemed too delicate to even pretend like that, so that was why it was just too precious to forget.

Silvano could feel the look of her eyes onto his bandaged abdomen and he absently placed his hand on his flat stomach. "You as a medic is a frightful concept. You would probably cry at everyone who came in, even if all they had was a splinter they needed help removing." The Sadira shook his head at the thought of her being a medic. "And apologize every time you put alcohol to wounds and make them cringe," he added as he gently smiled at Giselle. His bandages were fresh, so the young woman did not need to have to worry about him needing a change. They were still good for a day or two and Amata was going to be more than happy to do it. Silvano saw so little of his older sister, especially since she had been absent for so long in his youth. Cambria was the one he knew the best, aside from Artemis and Parker.

Ears twitching back, Silvano looked from Giselle to his lap. "I.. well..," he said, pausing all too often. "Would you like to do something with me?" He did not mention that he wanted distraction from everything. But he figured, she would know exactly what it was he wanted from her. It was nothing perverse, just something simple.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

+3.

His words brought laughter, bubbling forth from her pale chest. The male's words were true enough, and yet her cheeks flushed with embarrassment as the truth came to surface. She glanced down at Tux, who remained curled in his bed, and remembered the day she and him discovered the poor baby goat, rescued from a predator and breaking the natural balance of things. But with Cambria's help, through the tears and the pain the creature survived, and had even found a home among the other livestock, in the Dreamers' home. As many tears as Giselle shed for a defenseless animal, she remembered the very fear that took hold of her when the knight had put his own life in danger.

The small hand upon his shoulder slipped, and meandered up to her throat. She was nearly found with tears in her eyes again until he began to speak in broken words. Shimmering eyes tilted up towards him, inquiring, an his question seemed to put her mind and heart at ease once more. Her pensive look brightened, and offered him a warm smile, something she knew best how to do. "I'd love to." Voice was full of hope, mingled with thought from the offer. It would make her feel better to get her mind off of the savages, escape from everything, and she was sure in her heart that he felt the same.

Slowly, her petite form rose from the edge of the bed, hands fiddling with one another. "We could.. cook something," she began, her back facing him. "Or.. go dancing~" The auburn haired female twirled in place as she gave the suggestion, now facing the knight. As the moments passed, her eyes seemed to light up. "Or see Heritage! Oh, I bet he'd love that." She mused, thinking about the young colt. She wondered how the animal was doing, for the last she saw of the creature he was running happily in the open pen with the mottled man. Silence took a hold of the young woman again, and slowly Giselle turned to face her open balcony, looking out as her eyes widened. Slowly her arms came around to hug herself, as if from a sudden chill despite the warm day. Giselle took a step back, and suddenly any idea of being outdoors vanished. "I.. I can't go out there.." The statement was a whisper, hung heavy with sorrow, and as a whisper of wind entered the room and tugged at her fur, she shut her sky blue eyes and turned her head away from the world.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
300+

Silvano straightened, feeling warmth fill him at her acceptance of his offer. His ears perked up and he nodded at her, returning that warm smile with one of his own. "Good! I'd hoped you would." Silvano patted her hand slightly, before withdrawing it back to himself. He was not sure how to act around her still, but that didn't matter. What mattered was that they had so much time to find out. Silvano listened to what she offered; they were all so atypical of the woman, but he couldn't help but keep smiling along with her as he listed them off with an excited air. She mentioned Heritage and the Sadira nodded at her. "Sure we could. I bet he'd love some company. Especially since you can say hello to him."

But then that happiness seemed to fade away from the young woman. Silvano's face fell as she wrapped her arms about herself. His ears flattened at her words. He did not say anything or ask why. He knew exactly why she was not comfortable going out there. Last time, she had been attacked and almost kidnapped. She turned from the open window and Silvano wrapped an arm around her shoulders instinctively. "We don't need to go out," he said in a soft whisper as he rested his jaw atop her head gently. He rubbed her shoulder gently as he thought.

Pulling her slightly away, he grinned as encouragingly as he could. "Hey.. we don't have to go out, Giselle." He looked at her with mild emerald eyes. "We could do some reading; we seem to do it a lot. And it'll take our minds off of.. things." His look almost faltered into a hard line, but he managed to keep it calm as he gazed at the pale young woman.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Short and sweet :3 Sorry this long week has short-fused my muse.

When his warmth was present above and around her, Giselle moved to lean against his form, light against the dark. She was reminded of the better, more happier ending to that dreadful day, and closed her eyes briefly as if to picture it again. Before she could, however, the knight had pulled away from the light embrace. Though he spoke comforting words to her, 'Elle did not raise her head, but nodded in assurance. She believed the man, with all of her heart, but she could not bring herself to tell him about the whispering she still heard. He was concerned enough as it was, and with family members being missed, the dark haired woman would not, could not, burden him with more darkness.

Like the sun shining over the hilltops in the early morning, she lifted her head and smiled warmly at his suggestion. "That would be just lovely," she noted, leaning forward and lightly kissing the knight's cheek. It was as soft and fleeting as a hummingbird kissing at nectar, and when Giselle withdrew her powder blue eyes shimmered up at him. Stepping back towards the door, her form crouched to pick up the stoat as he rose and strode towards her waiting palms. "We'd both like that, wouldn't we?" A girlish giggle escaped her lips, pressing her nose against the animal's smaller one. Turning, she waited for him to lead the way. "What books did you have in mind?" She pondered thoughtfully, knowing how quickly they could read through any tale, big or small.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
000+
I concur hardcore x__x

Giselle gave him a gentle kiss and he simply smiled at her. It was hard to let it go at that, what with those hormones raging through him as they were want to. But he held back, as always. She bubbled up, and picked up that stoat. Silvano never knew how to think about the little animal, especially since he had called found him and made sure that Silvano had rescued the pale woman. But then, he could also be the most annoying creature on the face of the earth. So the young Sadira reserved his judgement on the stoat.

Rising with a groan, and the creaking of joints, Silvano straightened his back as slowly as possible. It still hurt and stretching the healing cut was half agony if he did it too roughly. But he managed a grin even so. "Oh, well, of course," he said in the direction of the stoat, then back at those sparkling sky blue eyes of hers. Slipping around her, with a subtle hand on the arm as he passed her out the door. "I think we can go down and find something pretty, don't you?" he answered with a slightly coy sideways grin as he headed down the stairs and to the library.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 332. Giselle = EXTREMELY CLUELESS. Let me know if you don't like the slight pp here. If you do, well, TOO BAD.

Giselle's want for happiness had left her unaware of Silvano's agitation of the small animal's company. The stoat was as much a part of her as her own heart, and the young woman dared not leave loved one's out of sight since the terrifying raid on the Dreamer lands. An innocent smile played on her lips as his hand brushed against her, and in response to his strange, but welcome smile. With a small bounce in her step, Giselle cradled the chocolate and cream animal and followed behind the tall male, walking a bit faster as she felt the chill of the cold kitchen tile underneath her feet. Elle nearly bumped into the male in front of her as her pace increased, but soon warmth engulfed her from the fire in the common room, which wafted into the open library.

The pale princess dropped the animal to the floor as she explored, her senses filled with books new and old. Curiosity led her to a different shelf of books, an area she hadn't explored before, rising to her full height or crouching down on the plush carpet to see the titles of books. Here and there, dust caked the spines of each book, and as the woman's fingertips reached out to brush dust away, a spider scurried out from in between the books, and weaved itself into another. "Oh!" The exclamation was rather loud in the quiet and empty room, drawing back sharply at the unexpected insect.

Snow white face scrunched up, feeling the tickle of a sneeze rise up. As the female shook the sensation away, she stood and moved back towards the knight, empty handed. "Wh-Why don't you choose something?" The suggestion came with a soft tone, curling her hands up towards her chest. Though spiders did not truly frighten her, the white woman had no desire to return to the corner. Tilting her head up towards the man, Giselle smiled warmly, pushing strands of hair away from her face.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
000+
brhehrehrsds

Silvano let Giselle find the book on her own, smiling as she looked for something to read. But he jerked forward as she yelped. He almost called out her name when she did not leap away in fear. Was it a bug on the books? The girl walked back to him, stuttering. Yep. Definitely a bug. Sighing at her as she asked him to look for one, shaking his head. "What was it?" he inquired, moving past the young woman with a cocky grin on his face. Not that Giselle could see it of course. "Millipede?" Emerald eyes began to browse the book collection, rather rapidly. "Centipede?" He knelt before a shelf, brushing off the light dust. Note to self, clean off the books in here, he thought to himself, exhaling roughly at the dust. "Mouse?" he asked, with a little bit of apprehension. Mice were a problem in libraries. Hell, Silvano had caught several since he started practically living there. They were tasty but got old fast.

"Aha!" he cried out, pulling out a rather thick tome. It was an old story, and the cover was old. But it was the earliest printing he knew of for the book. So the cover was not made of wood and cloth, but cardboard and shiny with an unnatural coating to protect the drawn and printed cover. Silvano loved the newest books best; they were always colorful and drawn. "How about this? Pride and Prejudice?" It was a love story, and it was probably something Giselle would like. But it was more complicated than her fairy tales. It was more like life, more difficult like life.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Not-so-fun fact: I have never read that book ;o

Blue eyes watched him go, close to the area where she spotted the insect. It was black, and that alone made invisible fingers run up her back, as if she were a book among many and someone had inspected the spine more closely. Giselle's gaze narrowed only in mockery at the man, who seemed to be toying with her shock. Pursing her lips, the woman lightly stomped her foot on the ground, but the sound was softened by the carpet beneath. "That's not very nice, Silvano. It was a large spider." In the darkness and dust, it was hard to tell exactly how big it was, for she only caught a fleeting glance at it.

Petite form nearly jumped again as the large giant exclaimed with a loud voice, the sound bouncing along the walls. When the sound died, she took two steps towards him, skirts whirling around her legs. Head tilted sideways, hair curtaining one shoulder as the young woman heard the title of the book. "Oh, I've never heard of that one. But I bet it's wonderful~" Giselle trusted what literature the man had chosen that afternoon, something to lighten her heart and make it pound in her ears with excitement rather than fear. She strode to the couch near the window, and her dear little friend had settled himself in the corner seat, yawning happily. As the ivory woman sat, she smoothed out the wrinkles in her dress with a single hand, patiently awaiting for the mottled storyteller.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
000+
brhehrehrsds

Silvano gave her a serious nod, pursing his lips back at her. "Oh, yes. I'm terribly sorry." Bowing slightly at her, arm across his waist, the Sadira sent her such a cocky grin. "Better a spider than a mouse, of course." He straightened, regretting his mock bow immediately as his back ached. "Don't want any book nibbling," he added rather roughly. Those goddamn mice, eating the corners of old books. Filthy little things. But Giselle would not like seeing what had to be done with the pests.

Giselle sat herself down on the couch, and as Silvano approached it, the little stoat claimed the corner seat, all to himself. Furrowing his brows at the creature before sitting himself beside the pale young woman. "It's an old book. Over a hundred years old." He smoothed out the cover, patting it with a dark hand. His fingers pulled at the cover, skipping page after page after page until he hit the first one of the first chapter. "I don't know how you'll like it, but in the end, it's a love story. They're no princesses and they're not princess, but they're still better than nothing, right?" He found himself pressing his arm gently against hers, hoping she would do what she seemed to enjoy; cuddling up to people. "And it's old, so the language is kind of funny."

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Mr. Darcy ;D

A smile welcomed his approach, his shadow lingering over her smaller form until he seated himself. Naturally her form leaned towards him, eyes searching the old book and watching as his hands moved carefully over the yellowing pages, as gentle as petting an animal. "Oh dear," she whispered, watching as dust mites took to the air with each page the man turned, a sign of how long it had been since it spread its papered wings to the world. She thought the book itself was as old as he claimed, and not the story, though its pages were in fair condition to Giselle's surprise. No matter how old it was, though, its message was timeless.

However, the delight of a love story had made her bright features sparkle all the more in the sunlight that streamed through the window. Giselle shook her head at his question, which was meant to be rhetorical. "Oh no. It doesn't matter who they are, it's what they find~" Before he began to read, the auburn haired woman linked her arm around the knight's nearest one, and looked up at him with an adoring look as he warned her. "Silvano, love is the same in every language." The statement came from the heart, speaking as if she had to remind him who he was speaking to - an innocent young woman who now knew of love's mysterious ways. Lifting her feet up on the couch and settling comfortably against the man's side, her eyes drifted towards the ageless words, eagerness dancing in her orbs.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
300+
[imaginative ooc comment here]

Silvano felt her touch on his arm as she linked with it, and he felt the heat rise in his face. He ought to get use to it by now, but he couldn't help it. Resting his chin on her head briefly, the Sadira moved to lick at the young woman's cheek at her comment. They had not been fully clear with each other, he felt. It had not been fully out in the open, but it felt as though they ought to make it out in the opinion. But for now, he was content to let things go as they were, even if he knew he would want more someday. (Someday, that's rich). "I suppose you're right, mi tesora." He rubbed his nose against her muzzle before focusing back on the book. "It's long so we won't get far. But if you like it, we can continue later." Pulling her against him tightly, the Sadira began to read.

Somehow they managed to chug their way through twelve chapters, where the two sisters leave Bingley's manor, and Mr. Darcy is too happy to see them leave. Elizabeth interests him too much for someone of her economic standing. Every now and then, the two of them would talk about what Silvano just read. They learned that Darcy finds Elizabeth interesting, for her staunch denial to dance with him; that Miss Bingley is jealous of the attention Elizabeth gets; that the younger Bennett girls enjoy gossip.

Stretching as best as he could, Silvano felt the bandages almost creak as he moved in them. "Well. What do you think so far?" Emerald eyes looked in apprehension at the young woman. "I know it's not something you're used to reading..," he added with more anxiety than he intended. All he wanted to do was to impress Giselle, even a little bit.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

+3. I swear I'm gonna read this darn book someday.

Affection turned the young woman into a mere child again, a bubbling giggle escaping her lips when the knight displayed his feelings. It was clear that he was different, somehow, though when her eyes rested among deep emeralds, the woman knew it was him all the same. Ivory dipped ear swiveled as she caught the lilting word of Italian, his other language, a sweeter sound than when 'Elle heard him speak it to that savage. The sound was pleasant, the company was warm, and fears seemed to melt away with the sun.

But words had a way of escaping the pair, and here and there Tux would move to his caretaker's lap and peered over into the book, wondering what was oh so interesting. Now and then, Giselle's brows would touch, as she tried to make sense of the story altogether. It was different, but it wasn't unpleasant, either. The language was one she could understand, but formed delicately, like an elegant string of pearls.

Her hands moved away from his arm as he stretched, wondering how long they had been sitting there. Giselle gazed out the open window for a moment, then slowly turned back to the knight with a happy glimmer in her powder hued eyes. "Oh, no, it's wonderful~" A naturally gloved hand found its way to his shoulder, resting it there comfortingly. If anything, the story was even more spectacular when it was his voice narrating the old tale. "I would like to hear more, but.. will you teach me some words in your language? It's very lovely." An unbidden flush powdered her snow white cheeks, biting her lip as if she were afraid to ask. The tongue was beautiful, and a part of her wanted to learn to be able to impress the knight, unaware that the feeling was mutual.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
000+
You better, posting this while I wait for me laundry x3

Giselle liked the book, and that made him beam. Just because he was already an adult did not mean he didn't seek approval, especially with this pale woman. But then he looked at her in surprise at her request, completely ignoring the fact she had her arm on his shoulder as she looked at him. "L-learn some of it?" he stuttered back at her, having never had anyone ask him to learn it before. He himself had learned both English and Italian out of the cradle, so it had been easy. But for Giselle? Well, she did learn some Horse dialect so it could not be that bad. Silvano closed the book in a flustered flurry, looking down on the pale woman with his ever green eyes. "You really want to learn it?" he asked again, wanting that confirmation, even though it was obvious she did.

Sighing, Silvano turned more towards her, front more towards her. "Okay, well, what would you like to know first? I mean, I've never taught anyone so..," the Sadira apologized, well ahead of time. He did not know what kind of a teacher he would make, but he hoped that it would still work out. Giselle seemed genuinely interested. So, clearing his throat, he held up the book. "This is 'un libro'. Not hard to remember."

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 315. Damn you xD. I GOT WORK TO DO, YOU KNOW >:[

Giselle was taken aback by his surprise at her request, and he looked at her like she were some pale ghost. A twinge of hurt crossed her light colored orbs, but it melted away like early morning dew. The female bit her lip as the knight asked the question incredulously, and she nearly began to doubt her inquiry. "Well, yes." Her voice was unsure, matching the tall male's skeptical tone. Like a mirror, she turned towards the male as his body turned to face her, and the woman's hands fell to her lap. A bright smile made ringlets curtaining her head bounce with delight, at the acceptance.

Grasping both of her own hands together, they flew towards her chest. "Yay~!" She exclaimed, as happy as a child that was about to receive a gift. Giselle loved to learn new things; while Silvano and others practiced sword-fighting or medicine, she loved the gift of speech among other comely habits. Dancing eyes scanned around them, a myriad of possibilities swimming before them, just waiting for a translation. But Silvano saved her the need to choose, as he closed the elegant book and lifted it up for her to see.

The multicolored male spoke a word, as flowing and beautiful as water ripples. Giselle narrowed her eyes, as if the words would pop out before her. "Oon.. unh.. leebro!" It was foreign upon her tongue, the words being pronounced delicately as her lips moved to form the word. Whether she got it right or not, the pale princess was delighted all the same to learn. "Oh, it sounds so much better when you speak it," she chimed, her tail draping around her side. It came natural to him, but as she learned to speak with her companion, with time and patience the knowledge would come. "Another!" Giselle demanded, though eagerly, leaning forward and folding her hands underneath her.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
000+
TROLOLOLO HURRY UP.

Silvano listened to her attempt to pronounce such a terribly simple word and chuckled at her. It was so terrible. But practice is something that was needed in language. He could hardly remember when he started to learn Italian, but it was certainly fresh out of the cradle. The Sadira was good at his language, but his mother was from the country itself, and he had the best he could learn from so far away from the mother country. Giselle was still bad at it, but he could not blame her. It was only lesson one, after all. There would be so many more lessons for him to teach her, and he would be happy to do it. It would give them an excuse to be close together more. Silvano was not about to protest that delightful little fact.

"Sweetheart, I've been learning Italian since my mother had me. She was cooing to me in it since I was born." Silvano gave a a light laugh at the young woman. "I have dreams in Italian sometimes, it's so very surreal." He thought in English, but the moments he didn't made him pause and back up. It was quite funny.

Giselle leaned forward toward him, and the Sadira swallowed hard as he looked at her so close to him. "O-okay," he answered, racking his brain. Clearing his throat, he gave a grin and squeezed her face, making her lips bunch up a bit. "Questa è la tua faccia.. This is your face." He tapped her nose, smiling broadly. "Naso."

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 339. -whips- Hurry up your face ;o

Her tongue found itself tied into knots, still trying to mouth the last word despite her request for another. Giselle could not remember it so difficult to talk to Tux in his language, but that had seemed long ago, back in her cottage in the woods with her papa. The girl remembered how she would have to study and practice in secrecy, lest her father discover the stoat and have the young animal sent back out into the wild... or worse. The brief thought alone made the young woman shiver briefly, feeling it crawl down to the base of her tail.

The woman's lips attempted to look somewhat shocked, then, as she felt his dark hand come up to contort her mouth, and began to utter out a phrase of lovely, unfamiliar words. It sounded like something from a romance novel, and the true definition almost didn't seem fitting for such a beautiful, poetic tongue. The look of surprise in the woman's powder blue orbs twinkled into confusion and awe, like a child's blatant admiration at someone or something. As quick as Silvano had pursed her lips, he let slip his grasp, and tapped her nose and spoke another word.

"Nah..so? Naso?" Her face searched his own for some sort of positive sign, ears perking as it sounded right to her. As Giselle turned behind her, she lightly touched an ivory fingertip to Tux's wriggling black nose. "Naso," she nodded, pleased with herself. The young woman could not think to repeat the sentence Silvano had said beforehand, but it seemed not to matter. 'Elle turned back around, hair swaying along her shoulders, and giggled as her head turned up into the giant's kind, emerald eyes. Daintily Giselle leaned forward and kissed the tall man's nose, a gesture of thanks, the contact as light and fluttery as a butterfly perching on a delicate petal. Pale countenance changed to a more thoughtful look, glancing down at the closed book. "Oh, it all sounds fancy, just like the characters in this book~"

<style>
</style>[/html]