In the shadow of your heart
[html]
300+
NO NO, HE'S BEING NICE 8D

♥     ♥     ♥     ♥     ♥

Giselle read on, and the brunette only listened in silence, a calm look on his face. Every now and then his emerald eyes would flicker from the book in her lap to her features. He would gaze, for a moment only, at her face, at her shoulders. Somehow, he just liked taking in the sight of her beside him. And she felt warm beside him, even though they were barely touching. Absently, he managed to rest his leg beside hers, touching it faintly. He pretended he had not noticed the contact, even though he really did. It almost jolted him when he realized what he did.

They finished a chapter, and the Sadira gazed at the letters on the page, wondering what the soldier's angle was. Gizelle commented on him, and the youth nodded. "Yeah, I don't much like him either. He seems shady. And not a good kind of shady." Because there was a good kind. Silvano shook his head, leaning back against the couch, gingerly. Then, he felt Giselle lean on him, her warm body pressing against his and he felt himself heat up at the touch. He looked at her, glowing in the sun's light as it sank down the sky. It was that late already? How had he been so easily distracted, so easily mesmerized by the bubbly young woman? He swallowed, rather nervously, as he felt the book pass into his hands. He had been about to ask if she were tired, but that was a clear answer to his unasked question.

"Alright.. but I did like it when you read; your voice is so pretty, Giselle." He smiled at her, meekly almost. But he began to read again, taking it rather slow as he felt the light start to fail as the sun kept on drifting down towards the treeline.

They managed to get through so many more chapters, finishing with the twenty-sixth chapter, and the wedding of Charlotte and Wickham's pursuit of another woman, a much wealthier woman. Silvano sighed, feeling the light was getting to be too bad to read. "I don't like him. He's heartless and selfish." But wasn't he himself terribly selfish, with wanting Giselle all to himself?

<style type="text/css">
.inthedarkness b {font-weight:normal; color:#9e6163 ; letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:16px;text-shadow:#bf3034 0px 0px 3px; }
.inthedarkness .ooc {font-style:italic; padding: 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#5d1b18; text-align:center;}
.inthedarkness p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px 0px 15px; margin:0px;}
.inthedarkness {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#050518; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/lS3VD.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #bf3034; padding: 280px 0px 15px 0px; font-family: Times new Roman, sans-serif; font-size:14px; color:#7a1e22; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread