There's a reckoning still to be reckoned
[html]

Is it Ehno that had a litter of pups with Naniko? WC: 1007 Apologies as everyone said, I am long winded XD

The sable female herself was a great believer in fate, she herself had seen too many twists and turns of her fickle nature not to; often it seemed that she would give the sable female everything she wanted, love, friends, a pack, a home, only to make it all the more painful when one or more of those things was ripped away from her. It seemed that the cruel mistress that controlled the wolves' lives was softening though, the war had brought good as well as the terrible bad, after the ebont pelted Aedile had rescued Robin it seemed that Haven, her grandson was warming to her and of course her former mate, Deuce had returned and the pair had fallen back into their routine of being so inconvieniently in love with one another; perhaps fate only deemed acts of cruelty worthy of the naive and trusting; after so many years of incredible joys and devestating sorrow Soran was neither of those things anymore. She trusted those in her pack, her extended family and she trusted her blood family, but she was far less likely to be trusting of a stranger nowadays, especially with the current war, anyone that called at the borders was met with a cold, armed version of the usually soft natured matriarch. She had become softer and more gentle in her older years, but the war had brought out the furious venom that her father had passed on to her through his genes, she preferred to be the sable great grandmother that she was, but sometimes the situation called for her to be more steely than she had been, like the war; and beneath the soft exterior Soran had enough steel to arm a battalion. How could she not when she had been through the hardships that she had endured in her past, it was a wonder that she was not a colder wolf, practically a hermit. The sable female smiled at the male as he spoke, shaking his hand gratefully, pleased that he seemed as willing to talk as she did this night, it seemed neither of the pair could sleep, the male's name was Ehno, Soran scanned her memory for who he would be, he knew that he was a Marino, finally she settled on him being Savina's brother, yes that made sense.

The scar that Soran gestured to had been given to her by her father, it was true that she had seen worse trouble in her life, her father had been a psychopath that had hated all black pelted wolves, he had tried to kill her because of her own charcoal pelt, instead he had killed her mother, her adopted mother and her adopted brother in the pursuit of the sable Aedile herself. She also remembered the war between the Inferni coyotes and the Syemv wolves, brought about in part by the male who had fathered two of her litters, she hated him, loathed him and therefore loathed Inferni after it's treatment of the Syemv wolf pack, the pirates had been forced from their home and then they had been so depleated in numbers that they had had to join with Chimera to become Aremys, Soran had liked being a member of the pack, but had hated being forced to leave her home. The dark pelted female's ears turned as the male spoke, her expression was far softer than it had been only moments before, she had been ready to attack him after all, now he was simply a friend that she had yet to know well, so she listened with intent to what he had to say. He said that she was admirable, to be holding up so well, a weak smile crossed her lips and she adjusted her arm in it's makeshift sling, the aching was not relieved no matter how she held it she found.
"You would not remember, but in the old lands, before they burned there was a pack named Syemv, I belonged to it for many years, I loved it there, it was my home. Then Inferni, the coyote pack attacked us, they drove us from our pack lands. I am living in gratitude that we are strong enough that that had yet to happen to us, but I assure you, I would die before I saw an Aniwayan wolf hunt our lands or sleep in our manor house." The lady replied, as honest as ever, she could not help the way that she felt, she would indeed die before she allowed harm to come to this pack, it contained too many that she cared for, too many that she considered family. The ebony lady smiled at the male as he spoke again, saying that he hoped the war would end soon, that they would regain family members, at this the fae's eyes darkened, she could not bear the idea of young Cambria being all alone with those wolves.
"I agree, I hope that the war will soon be done with, I have not been a warrior for many years and it is not something that I had hoped to return to. And I hate the idea of young Cambria, there all alone, it is another blow to the heart of my granddaughter, Mati, you no doubt know her. To lose one's mate is terrible, but in such a fashion, it is indescribable. I hope that she is home soon. I recieved this wound when I was spying, seeing if there was a weakness in Aniwaya's defences, to try and get her home, but my great granddaughter was being kidnapped, I moved in to save her and was stabbed with my own knife." The dark Aedile said, a weary tone in her voice, she looked at the male once more.
"Let us not dwell on such troubling things, at least for a moment. Tell me of yourself Ehno, how long have you been here?" Soran asked, hoping to change the subject and calm the rage within her chest, at least for a moment.

<style type="text/css"> .sa2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#a9b1bd; letter-spacing:1px; } .sa2 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color: #5c697b;} .sa2 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;} .sa2 {margin:0px auto; width:455px; background-color:#324357; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... soran2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 375px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread