There's a reckoning still to be reckoned
[html]

Hey, I never have a problem with long posts. ;P Keep 'em comin' if you like, haha. wc:464

He nodded in silent agreement as she discussed how the pack would stand together against the common threat against them. Yes, that much was true. The Dreamers were one big family, and family stood to protect its own. They would be stronger for all the hardships they had to face, as she suggested. The only trouble was getting through this in one piece. And as the days ticked by and their family still remained within the clutches of the enemy, he found that harder to imagine. They had already been cut so deeply with each raid, and he worried about what would happen to them should this war continue on for much longer.

Ehno remained silent for a short moment as she offered her advice, knowing the words to be entirely and painfully true. She may have considered herself a hypocrite, but to Ehno, she was only speaking from experience. She had attempted a solo assault. She knew the risks, knew the danger she had put herself in. If anything, she was one of the most qualified to remind Ehno that he would have to back down until the Dreamers could make a concentrated assault. She knew what could happen otherwise. “You are right, there is no way I could take such a risk. To even consider it…” he shook his head. Soran was right. Savina would be devastated if he were to get himself killed like that. His ebony hued sibling had already faced enough in this war. Her best friend had been kidnapped, two of her children remained hostage… he would not add his foolish death to that list.

She spoke more on fate, and the Marino could not agree more. After all this time, there was only so much more they could take. “Yes, we certainly are. And it cannot come soon enough,” he added, glancing skyward. Fate, wherever she was, he certainly hoped she was listening. A change in tactics to bring them peace and relief was more than welcome. Maybe she would be kind enough to grant them that much.

He grinned as he thought back to the days he had spent on the Spanish docks as a youth. As much as he had adored his time in Rome, he had to admit that those days in Santander had been some of the favorites of his year-long journey. “On the docks I got started with a bit of ship repairs, and learning some of how those huge boats worked.” He remembered the awe he felt when first standing on the wooden decks of the ships pulled to shore. “Once out on the sea I helped with upkeep and kept it running smoothly. I suppose that’s probably where my fondness of carpentry stems from,” he realized with a slight laugh.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread